Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,656
    I actually saw a dealer advertising a 6 speed, red '06 TSX in the local screamer ads last Friday.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• waw40waw40 Posts: 39
    "Local" meaning where?
    Me in the Monterey area. So, when we cross each other's paths somewhere near Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo, I will have no doubt that it must be todd93101. Interesting that of four posts from different people about this model and color combo, all are from CA. The rest of the country goes gray...
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I have seen a couple red ones in the midwest but it isn't a very popular color for sure. A little too fire engine color perhaps for most people.
    Actually, Milano Red is not fire engine hue - check the 1993-2005 Civics. Rallye Red of 2006 Civics (and most Ferraris and red BMWs for that matter) are more like fire engine.
    Many people I know would prefer Milano Red but they think (a folklore legend?) that cops stop red cars more frequently than those that blend with the crowd, i.e.gray, silver, white, or black. I don't buy that.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,656
    Meaning New York City greater metropolitan area.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• rooskierooskie Posts: 26
    I've seen a couple in Dallas - I think it's the best looking color on the TSX...the blues and silvers are a dime a dozen...
    I guess that distinction is too subtle for me. To me the TSX is a very bright red. I saw a new red Jetta recently (they call it spice red) and thought it looked really sharp. A much deeper hue than the TSX. Regardless, it does stand out from the crowd but in my area, where there's no Acura dealer, any TSX stands out.
  • venus537venus537 Posts: 1,443
    Has anyone heard of any rumors about the TSX getting honda's new 2.3 turbo engine? It would finally give automatic TSXs the punch it deserves.

I suspect if the TSX were to ever get the turbo it would be in the next generation, but I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of any info on this subject.

The TSX has the same horsepower rating as my 2.0T Audi A4 but it accelerates much slower than my car. But Honda's first ever gas turbo would remedy that though.
  • proffyproffy Posts: 46
    Does anyone have the mp3 player add-on? I'm curious to know how many CDs it holds.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    There won't be any more changes till the all new model for MY08. The 06 refresh was its mid cycle update which should run 2 years.
    More than likely the next TSX will get the RDX drivetrain.
    By that time the diesel might make its debut in the US also.
  • novicenovice Posts: 64
    I have a new 2006 TSX Automatic. Great car (I traded a 3 Series for it). I have less than a thousand miles. Most of the time the engine is a smooth running and idling machine. But occasionally it will rev when stopped, or in park. It will do this, then revert to it's smooth idle. It doesn't matter if it's cold or hot. It's still cool weather here so no air-conditioning running. The headlights might be on at times if it's raining, but that shouldn't cause this, should it? Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks.
  • johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    I haven't heard of this issue. If it concerns you, have your dealer take a look at it under warranty.
    I called service and was told this is normal in the TSX and TL. I'll schedule an appointment.
    Well, since a stealer will almost always tell you that anything that ever happens to a car under warranty is "normal," I'd be suspicious.

I'm not sure you provided enough info. You say it revs, but not how much.

Either way, let the dealer take a look at it, preferably with the tech in the car with you, so they can't come back and say "we couldn't duplicate the problem."

:D
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Unless there's something in the engine computer to give them a lead, or the dealer experiences the higher revs while the car is there, there's not much the dealer can do for you. Hard to diagnose a problem that can't be duplicated.
    Yes--this will be a problem. It does it only once or twice each time I drive the car so the chances of the tech experiencing it are small. It's not a major rev either. It's more like an air-conditioner condenser kicking in and demanding more engine rev. But it's not the AC because I don't have it on.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    Or some other high voltage accessory.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    "Maybe it's the cooling fan..."

Yup, that's what I think too.
    That's a possibility. But would that kick in within the first five minutes of running the car in the morning while everything is cool? This only happens when the car is at a stop, either a red light or if I put it in park for a minute. You guys are being really helpful.
  • I just got a a new 2006 acura tsx. I just had a few questions about the break in period on the car. I like to drive fast and sometimes I will drive to 6000 and 7000 rpms. I have about 2500 miles on the car. My first question is how long is the break in period? my second question is if im doing 6000 or 7000 rpms every now and then while its in the break in period will i loose performance or even mess up my engine?
    The break-in period for the TSX is 600 miles. BTW, the owners manual is an excellent resource for all things TSX. In the manual it tells you not to rev the motor out for the first 600 miles. At 2500 miles, you should be fine.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have had to replace a car key, which ended up costing over $200 or $300. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, April 2, 2006 containing your daytime contact information, the cost to replace your key along with the make and model your vehicle.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Hi All,
    I've got a quote to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned 2005 TSX automatic,w/o Navi, and 6K miles for $24,200 b/4 taxes, title, etc... Does this sound like a reasonable price? Thanks to all for your feedback!
    It's over a month and someone asked for my impressions now(from an earlier post) in part because I had a 2003 BMW 325i previously. I won't do the BMW/TSX comparison because it's simply not fair--the gold standard is so for a reason (actually--for several). That said, I am incredibly impressed with the TSX. The ride, the seats, fit and finish, standard sound system, handling, quietness--all are real positives. On several points it exceeds my 2003. In truth, my main frustration is I only get to drive it on weekends for any distance. I'm enjoying the car much more than I expected. I knew I was taking a step down, as it were, but now feel I actually like some key elements of the TSX even more. In all, I am extremely happy with this car. Assuming the reliability is as promised, I think I made a very wise and sound purchase.
  • proffyproffy Posts: 46
    I had the chance to drive a 2005 4-cyl Accord automatic this weekend and was supprised how peppy it felt (relative to my 1997 4-cyl manual Accord). Since the TSX has a tweaked version of the 4-cyl accord engine does it basically feel the same, or can owners feel a real difference between the two?
    The TSX is sportier all the way around. Drivetrain, handling, etc. It also has 40 more hp.
    40 more hp but only 4 more lb-ft of torque. I don't think you'll notice a real difference until you're in the upper end of the rpm band.

Relative to a 215 hp, 3.5 liter V6, I though the auto TSX was pretty anemic accelerating from 35 mph or so.
    All the more reason to buy the car with a manual transmission. I can tell you from owning the TSX that it is not anemic from 35mph on up in MT form.

If the TSX AT feels anemic, how do you think the Accord AT feels?
    I haven't driven an Accord 4. I did drive a TSX manual and agree it was totally acceptable.
This discussion has been closed.