Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX

Comments

• laineylainey Posts: 62
    Only pics of the '06 that I can find is the NHTSA website:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/cars/3430.html

Somebody else gave this link earlier in the threads but I don't know if anyone has tried this... You can right click to copy the image of each of the three pics, then paste them into Word or a photo editing program and enlarge them. It gets grainy but at least it's something. Or you can try to click the "Watch Crash Test" or "Watch Side Crash Test" link on the page and pause the mpeg it to get a better look. Anybody see differences from the '04-'05 body in those pics?? I know the following are rumored to be some of the exterior changes: Restyled hood and grille, redesigned headlights and combination taillights, redesigned front and rear bumpers, fog lamps are integrated into the lower bumper, more pronounced side sills.
  • 307web307web Posts: 1,033
    It looks the same as a 2005 and the 2006 TSX is supposed to have significant styling updates.
    It may be a typo on the NHTSA site.
  • laineylainey Posts: 62
    I should have done this before. I searched "2005 TSX" on the home website. Different pages, identical pics as the "2006 TSX". A little misleading. Nevermind. Sorry guys.
  • 151ranch151ranch Posts: 109
    Yes, the shift is not straight down from 5th to 6th, I have to actively move the shifter to the right. Takes some getting used to - but lately I have just been going straight from 4th to 6th gear to avoid the feeling I am about to put the car in reverse. On my daily drive, I hardly ever go to 6th, and I still get 30 mpg.
  • rko2rko2 Posts: 40
    I have been driving my TSX for 7 months now, and I don't think that there is anything that different or difficult when shifting into 6th. At first I could see that it might feel a little different and that the gate isn't straight down because of the tendency to want to pull the shifter down towards your body instead of back towards the rear of the car. This was the first 6 speed transmission I have driven, so I guess it was a tad weird. But, I don't think about it anymore.

Also, I think that there is a mechanism that locks out reverse when the car is moving forward. Therefore, you can't put it into reverse if you tried. Hope that clears some things up.
  • ronsteveronsteve Posts: 435
    Thanx to you and ranch151 for the feedback. I think I'll need to spend a little time with it before I make a firm decision to buy one... and before another test drive I'll make sure I can take a moment before starting it up to just run the shifter thru the gates to get a better feel that way. But I won't buy something that still makes me feel like I don't know how to drive it. ;)
  • wrjoycewrjoyce Posts: 51
    Anyone that says they have pics of 2006 TSX is misinformed. They are not in production yet, and for US delivery will not be available until late November. Yes late November. Dealers were just informed of that date. So if you want all the changes that were described in earlier link, you will have to wait a long time. Bummer. Dont know when it will hit Europe but America has to wait
  • Three months is hardly a "long time" to wait - especially for what sounds like some very nice improvements to performance, handling, comfort, and safety.

I'll wait.
  • marc10marc10 Posts: 7
    IN RESPONSE TO MAXAMILLION1:

Gimme a break...all those changes for 2006? Basically Acura is eliminating the TL? The TSX and the TL are 6K different in price. The only major difference is engine and size of sedan, exterior and interior looks are similar. There is a very fine line between the two sedans. With those upgrades the line will be crossed and accessories eliminated? Most car companies make major changes like those every 5 to 6 yrs, not in the third year. 2004 to 2005 offered, heated mirrors, xm, illuminated steering wheel, power passenger seat. These very minor changes should foreshadow changes for 2006
  • delmar1delmar1 Posts: 744
    Actually Maxamillion1 copied and pasted the changes from another website. He didn't make it up on his/her own.

Even if the TSX did pick up all the modifications indicated (the big if)....there will be still a huge difference between the two cars. I own both the 2005 TSX and 2005 TL. Load all those in...and the ride and amenities will still be worlds apart.

So let us all see what unfolds for the TSX.
  • Honda has historically given it's cars a mild-to-medium refresh in it's 3rd-4th model year. For example, the 2006 Accord will get freshened styling, largers wheels/tires, ESC on V6 models, sunroof on LX V6 models, even a 6-speed V6 sedan will supposedly be available. The minor upgrades to the TSX are far from out of the question.
  • mikes2mikes2 Posts: 47
    FWIW, the sales guy at my local Acura dealer also told me the 2006 will have more horsepower "and a number of other changes". Since I was pondering buying a 2005 TSX, he obviously didn't want to tell me much more, but obviously the dealers know something! ;) The posting on vtec.net is enough to make me wait a little more, to see if more information becomes available.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    Do you think the TSX rides rough when compared to the TL?
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Have you heard that there's a new IS and new 325? Yes, if there were no competition Honda wouldn't have to do much to the TSX, they could just sit there do nothing and expect the same 3-4K/month sales to just roll in. They got the hint with the USDM Accord and applying a rather extensive MMC to the TSX also.
    I'd liken the 06 TSX upgrade to the 05 upgrade of the G35.

When you think about, the TSX is Acura's BMW325 and the TL is the 330. While the sales proportions are not the same (it's 4:1 325 to 330 sales vs. 2:1 TL to TSX) that's the way I see it.
  • mikes2mikes2 Posts: 47
    Haven't seen or heard anything. The salesguy professed not to know anything either (but I wouldn't have expected him to). That said, I can't see Acura imposing a significant price change, but that's just my 2 cents.
  • delmar1delmar1 Posts: 744
    A comparison of the TSX to TL ride cannot be made as they are in two different peer groups ( TSX is comparable to the Audi A4 / Lexus IS / BMW 325 and TL comparable to BMW 5 series / Infiniti G35). The horsepower between the two cars for 2005 is 200hp versus 270hp. Totally different character.

I find the TSX ride to be peppy and great compared to its peers mentioned above. Now...it isn't created to ride like a Camry or Avalon standard sedan ...as it is a sports-luxury sedan. Best of all...it would cost $10k+ to get a comparably equipped BMW.
  • weno2weno2 Posts: 38
    I heard from a salesperson that they're expecting a 10% price increase, and another that they'll get sticker on the sales of the 06.
  • 4acuras4acuras Posts: 13
    The cost of the lights themselves is quite high in my opinion, so I can imagine what they are installed.
  • 307web307web Posts: 1,033
    Ok ...
    So, then a salesperson is suggesting that everyone rush out and buy '05s now so they will avoid the gigantic price increases on the 2006 models.
    I wonder why they would say that?
  • 4acuras4acuras Posts: 13
    I believe the VSA button next to the sun roof controls also turns off the traction control. You'll see an amber triangle on the right side of the instrument panel when it is off. It won't stay off though, you must turn it off each time you start the car.