Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Owners Meet the Members

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Pilot!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owners Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owners Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• I'm not often the one to be FIRST at anything new, but it looks like I'm the first member of the Pilot Owner's Club here at Edmunds!

My name is 'chiefpilot' (actually, it's really John) and I live and work in sunny (!!) south Florida. My wife and I purchased our Evergreen Pearl EX-L on June 4th and just recently passed the 1100 mile point.

Thus far, we really LOVE the Pilot and are very glad that we didn't replace our six-year-old Ford Explorer with another one. I hope that all of you enjoy your Pilot as much as we do.
  • My Pilot is still in the many part bins in the Honda Factory in Canada. The build date is August 18-22. I joining the club today because August 7th is my birthday.
  • moonkatmoonkat Posts: 265
    Hello KarenS & fellow Piloteers,

Want to thank KarenS for her gracious hosting (I remember when in the Ody forums...last I visited it was XXVIII....) and look forward to more of the same..;-)

Recently got an EGP EX for Dr. Mom. She loves it. Worst feature of the vehicle is that her lunch crowd has more seat time in it than me!

moonkat aka "Pilot-kat"
  • rms41rms41 Posts: 80
    and it now has 2700 miles on it. No problems so far. My previous vehicle was a '99 Honda Accord LX-V6 coupe. The Pilot seems so much bigger and yet it's nearly identical in length. Of course the Pilot is 7 inches wider so I had to do a little tidying up in the garage before I brought it home. I have already used about every imaginable seat configuration for one reason or another and really like the flexibility.
  • My wife and I recently drove home in our Evergreen Pearl EX. We opted for the full woodgrain interior. (Yeah I know it's plastic!) but we think it really sets off the interior. Got the foglights, too. Nice & bright! I sell Hondas' too and everyone's razzing me about my "demo" but I paid money like everyone else, and no they did not give me one cent of a discount either. Too bad my wife gets to drive it everyday and I get to drive only on Sundays. God, I wish I could afford two of those things!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    How ya been? Great to see your type face again. :-)

Welcome to all! Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve Pilot Owners board.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• I have Black LX that now has 2K miles on it. Live in SoCal. I've installed Mud Guard, roof rack myself, and have towing package on order which I will install myself.
    I love it, we took it camping and me and my little girl slept in the car with both seat down and it was reasonably comfortable, beats sleeping on the ground.
  • I'm thinking about pursching a Pilot. I was looking through the hand out and didn't see any reference to an ambient temperature indicator. Can someone please tell me if one is installed.
  • Yes... the Pilot has an outside temperature readout in the instrument cluster, integrated with the odometer / multiple trip meters.
  • I just got my Pilot three weeks ago. It's a beautiful thing!! My two girls (11 and 3) love the RES/DVD so much they don't want to leave the vehicle. The Pilot drives great; I often forget I'm driving an SUV. It feels like a car. So, to anyone who's thinking about getting one, just do it!
  • bkatbkat Posts: 2
    I will be a Pilot owner in a few weeks. I put down my deposit on July 10 and had to wait til the dealer could place his order at the end of the month. Hope to have it built the week of August 23-28 and get delivery between September 3-10 according to the dealer.

He is supposed to hook me up to owner link via email to get updates. I have not received any yet. I will update to edmunds if I start getting any.

I ordered several dio to add to my EX cloth model. I plan to get after market Classic Trim leather added after the the cloth one arrives. I compared the factory leather and the after market on an another color (silver) the end of June and like the feel of the Classic Trim. BTW you can also order the CT leather in two tone if you want and several shades to pick from.

I can't wait to get it here. Maybe Honda will send it early!!!!
  • My Pilot is now in transit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ordered my on June 26, 2002. I keep calling the dealer. He said the Build Date was 8/18-8/22. Now he saying no Vin# and a mid September delivery. I called another dealer, he had a Silver EX-L with a vin#. I am going to wait to cancel on the one I ordered in June. Maybe the dealer will have it in by Christmas.

Maybe some day Honda will show Ford how to make SUVs with Quality and Ford could teach Honda how to make Quantity. So people like us wouldn't have to go this hard to get the Honda we wanted @ Less than MSRP!!
  • rshinnrshinn Posts: 5
    We picked up our Silver EX-L (RES) July 7th. We
    waited for our dealers first silver one. We were
    #1 on his list and paid MSRP. We've got 2600
    miles and couldn't be happier. Our previous SUV
    was a 94 Toyota 4Runner and we also own a 00
    Odyssey Mini-Van. Both the Pilot and Ody are
    great vehicles.
  • matkins2matkins2 Posts: 11
    My name is Bob Matkins and I live on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. My Honda LX is 10364 and it was delivered on July 13th. Paid Msrp and had a tape player, towing package, running boards and roof rack installed!! We have 1250 miles on it and have towed a 2000 Lb. boat up over Donner Pass (7200') and was pleased with the power. It is a Taffeta White/Fern fabric interior. So far we have few complaints!!
  • Some of us were evidently successful in getting NHTSA & Honda to recall a safety defect in the 2003 Pilot (timing belt tensioner pulley misaligned, which may lead to a crash). You should be getting a letter in the mail soon.

Now we owners of the Pilot need to email NHTSA the following message, or a version thereof. Email the message below to: webmaster@nhtsa.dot.gov (alternatively, use the web form on NHTSA safety hotline site at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/email.cfm).

Message that needs to be conveyed to NHTSA by as many Pilot owners as possible goes as follows: "The 2003 Pilot headlights are very weak and do not sufficiently illuminate the road ahead. This creates a very serious driving hazard on the freeway especially at speeds as high as 70 mph. The Pilot's headlights fail to illuminate the curves in the freeway, and consequently, Pilots can veer off the highway and get into crashes. Apparently, the Honda company is aware of this problem but has chosen not to take any action. We appeal to NHTSA to urge Honda to recall and replace the defective headlights".

Feel free to modify the message above. Thank you.

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Coming up in the Pine Barrens of NJ. Check out http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/pb-09-21-02/index.html for details. It's a very tame/beginner trailride. All are welcome to come on down and join the fun and get your SUVs dirty!

-mike

• I BOUGHT MY LX AT ALBANY HONDA IN GA. I WAS VERY PLEASE WITH THE SELL I PAID 31,000 OUT THE DOOR. I BOUGHT IT JULY 5 02 AND NOW HAVE ABOUT 5,000 MILES. I AM HEARING A TAPPING NOISE WHEN IM ACCELERATING AND THE TACH HITS B/W 2000-3000 RPM. IM TAKING IT TO HONDA NEXT WEEK. ALSO HOPE THIS SITE HELPS YOU OUT IT'S CALL PARTSCHEAP.COM AND THEY HAVE ORIGINAL HONDA PARTS AT FRACTION OF THE COSTS, SO BEFORE YOU GO TO YOUR DEALERS PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AND CHECK IT OUT..AND IF YOU DONT SEE WHAT YOU WANT IF IT IS A HONDA PRODUCT THEY CAN GET IT. IVE PURCHASED ITEMS FROM THEM AND THEY ARE REPUTABLE...LATER ROMAD01
  • I ordered my Pilot at the end of July and it was promptly delivered last Friday (13 Sept). Six days earlier than expected. I purchased the vehicle from Mack Honda in Toms River, New Jersey. The whole process was overall pretty good. The dealer is selling at MSRP and not 2500 over like most of the Honda dealers in New Jersey. The Pilot is wonderful. I sold my 2001 Acura TL to get this vehicle. The kids and wife absolutely love it. The rear entertainment system is a GOD send. The kids watch there movies, listen to their CDs and play their Playstation while my wife and I listen to our radio station or talk in peace.
    Haven't had any mechanical problems as of yet, then again I don't sit there and listen for every little noise. I enjoy my vehicle and its under warrranty.
  • Picked up my wifes pilot last night. love it so far. My full conversion van wont fit in the garage with it, so it has to sit in the cold.
  • mphdadmphdad Posts: 2
    Ordered my Sagebrush Pearl EX-L, with DVD September 6. My dealer expects to have it in by the end of November. The whole family is very excited. I had an '88 Accord up until a year ago, and it was a great car. We can't wait for it to arrive! Steve