Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Honda Accord Prices Paid And Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    chrisram88chrisram88 Member Posts: 7
    hey @brian125‌ Can you give me you input on this deal in front of me?

2015 Honda Accord EX Silver in color
    Price $22,400.00 (des included)
    plus fees of $2,500.35
    Total of $24,900.35

I emailed them back for a breakdown of the fees, I didnt like the budled number lol. I also have 2 other dealers who im in contact with. In your expertise how long can i hold this deal for in case i dont get a response from the competitors in time?
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    I'll comment later running out

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    hondafaaanatichondafaaanatic Member Posts: 19

As far as I can tell, the big difference with 2015 vs 2013/14, is that one of the screens is touch enabled now. I don't think that would be worth 4/5k over older one. Of course would have to find one that is near Kelly blue book.

I personally don't like touch enabled screens. Much prefer tactile buttons!
  • Options

hey @brian125‌ Can you give me you input on this deal in front of me?

2015 Honda Accord EX Silver in color
    Price $22,400.00 (des included)
    plus fees of $2,500.35
    Total of $24,900.35

I emailed them back for a breakdown of the fees, I didnt like the budled number lol. I also have 2 other dealers who im in contact with. In your expertise how long can i hold this deal for in case i dont get a response from the competitors in time?

What state is this deal. Get a breakdown of all fee's. As long as this car is on lot deal should remain.

This deal is 2050 below invoice minus the doc fee and what ever else is in that bundle fee of $2500.

FIND OUT

• Options
    Thanks @brian125‌‌,

Here is what they emailed me back. I'm in souther California. LA greater area. Also the competitor emailed me back saying he will match plus lifetime powertrain regardless of miles... 

Here you go Chris, 

Price $22,400.00Tax $2,135.60Documentation fee $80.00 License fees $146.00Title/Reg fees $130.00Tire fees $8.75  Total $24,900.35 
  • Options
    heron4 said:
    So my wife and I decided to jump on the buying bandwagon lol.  Here is a quote from a dealer in so Cal. Diamond Honda to be exact.

2015 Honda Accord EX 
    Msrp $26650
    E-price $23095.92
    Roughly 13% off? Or am I wrong? 

OTD $25550.50

Tax 9%= 2025.83
    Gov      = 288.75
    Doc fee = 80

Seems like this is best they are offering since I tried for lower but they haven't emailed back. What do you guys think? 

I'm in no rush so If anything I will wait for months end. I just want an EX for the wife since we are expecting our second child any second now and need a bigger ride. Her little rav 4 just wont cut it anymore. 

Is it really that much bigger that you are opting for Accord over Rav4? I am similar situation and was looking to get a CR-V instead of Accord that I currently have.
    Just saw this. My wife's little 97 rav4 is just getting old. It needs a new axle. I had to change the rack and pinion and some other minor things. Great little ride and has been good to us. I mentioned if she wanted a new one and she said no. She wants a Honda. 
  • Options
    barkingsheltiebarkingsheltie Member Posts: 8
    brian125 said:

@barkingsheltie,

Below are a few 2013 exl Accord models. My price offers should be firm with little room for negotiating.

1st deal offer.............. 19.5k.

2nd deal offer............ 20k

3rd deal offer............. 19k

http://www.auto.com/cars/Honda-Accord-EX-L-2013-1HGCR2F83DA027089

http://bestride.com/detail/2013/Honda/Accord/1HGCT1B81DA001611/2663234350931795934

http://bestride.com/detail/2013/Honda/Accord/1HGCR2F81DA024739/-3448515377629237416

Thank you Brian :)

The first one is perfect. I have appt for Sunday, to take a look. Both Edmunds and Kelly indicate these pre-owned vehicles are a bit above your firm negotiating prices. I suppose, I would make an offer less than what you proposed, and then play the game. They should be keenly aware what what these certified cars list on the various sites - but they still might consider taking less?

Anyway, thanks again.
  • Options
    chrisram88

your EX offer is a very good deal.................... Buy

• Options
    This is funny....basically stopped looking for new Accord - asked Brian for advice about used, 2013.

Now Im getting offers from the dealers I dealt with previously.

For example: 2015 EX-L Accord Sedan.
    Selling Price - $24,691
    Official Fees - $378.75 *itemized below
    Doc Fee - $80.00 (taxed)
    CA Tire Fee/Tax - $8.75
    CA Processing Fee - $29.00
    License - $261.00
    Tax - $1,857.83

Total OTD: $26,927.58

I struck out with the used 2013 EX-L. Offered up to 19.5 Brian suggested. They did sell it the next day (their list was 22,995).

The delta between used & new is converging! lol.

• Options
    bitdadybitdady Member Posts: 16
    This is funny....basically stopped looking for new Accord - asked Brian for advice about used, 2013. Now Im getting offers from the dealers I dealt with previously. For example: 2015 EX-L Accord Sedan. Selling Price - $24,691 Official Fees - $378.75 *itemized below Doc Fee - $80.00 (taxed) CA Tire Fee/Tax - $8.75 CA Processing Fee - $29.00 License - $261.00 Tax - $1,857.83 Total OTD: $26,927.58 I struck out with the used 2013 EX-L. Offered up to 19.5 Brian suggested. They did sell it the next day (their list was 22,995). The delta between used & new is converging! lol.
    The line between new and used is ever so close with Hondas. I'm in socal also. If you don't mind, which dealer gave you this quote. I've decided on an EXL also and want to shoot for $24000. 
  • Options
    Hi Arthur - Carson Honda - Jessica, who I believe is their Internet Manager. Do you think you can get down to 24?

You may have seen the recommendation regarding used EX-L's by Brian, who is such an asset here, suggesting 19-20k. I can't seem to get the two I've talked/negotiated with too budge - it seems crazy, but as you say, the line between new & used is getting smaller. Its counter-intuitive - unless dealers are receiving incentive.
  • Options
    Hi Arthur - Carson Honda - Jessica, who I believe is their Internet Manager. Do you think you can get down to 24? You may have seen the recommendation regarding used EX-L's by Brian, who is such an asset here, suggesting 19-20k. I can't seem to get the two I've talked/negotiated with too budge - it seems crazy, but as you say, the line between new & used is getting smaller. Its counter-intuitive - unless dealers are receiving incentive.
    Thank you. I am going to wait until the end of the month and see what I can pull off. If you are still looking I'll let you know. 
  • Options
    kittykat11kittykat11 Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to this site and was wondering if 23,000 is a good price for out the door on an Accord LX no options in Everett, WA? All taxes and costs are included in this price. Our tax is 9.8% I never got the breakdown of the costs itemized. Other dealers in the area don't want to match this price.
  • Options
    @brian125

I want to publicly thank Brian for his great advice and help.

I started off thinking about a new EX-L Accord, and then stumbled over to some older (2013) ones. Without his comments, I would have probably paid near what the dealership was willing to offer.

22,600 for 2013 EX-L, with 40k miles. By the time I left last night, had them down to 19, 868. Brian suggested 19k. So I left and told them I would sleep on it.

This morning let them know I would pass, and they came back with 19K!

Im still going to pass. I drove a new Accord right after, and there were differences in engine smoothness, and other little handling refinements. The car fax report showed the used Accord had been on the sale block for 7 months - two different dealerships, though they are owned by same company. Thats unusual, especially here in SoCal. So why take a chance..

The point is, I learned quite a bit from the forum, and especially Brian. I feel more confident to get a great, if not best price for either used, or new EX-L. So thank you.

PS - why does the sound system suck in these cars? I've read in other forums this isn't my subjective impression. I though, especially for the higher level trim, 7 speakers, etc, would equal a very good listening experience. Not so.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    barkingsheltie

Good job passing on that 2013, Exl Accord for 19k with 40k. Just to many miles. Dealers are getting very high resale for Accords. Accords with 15k miles or less get sold very quickly leaving the 30k / 40k models left. Be smart and don't rush making a bad decision on a used Accord. There is a reason why that 2013 Accord has not sold over the last 7 months. ( Miles and price )

All exl model accords come with: •360-watt premium stereo with seven speakers (including subwoofer) and 6-inch touch-screen..

My 2013 Exl V-6 model has the 7 speakers. My Accords sound system is one of the worst I have ever heard. Music sounds like its playing out of a tin can.............. Terrible.

Honda uses Foster speakers in the Accord.( Awful, cheap speakers, ) The best fix is to swap out the factory speakers with something you like. It will sound a lot better. Honda told me The radio is a Alpine .

There are buyers in your area ( So Cal.) getting close to 2k below dealers invoice price.

I would target a 1500 to 2k below dealers invoice price for your model if that's the route you go.

HOLD OUT TO THE END OF THE MONTH TO BUY. Unless you get your target price sooner.

Keep us posted

Thank you for above posting

• Options

I'm new to this site and was wondering if 23,000 is a good price for out the door on an Accord LX no options in Everett, WA? All taxes and costs are included in this price. Our tax is 9.8% I never got the breakdown of the costs itemized. Other dealers in the area don't want to match this price.

I'll look into your pricing tonight with some insight

• Options
    heron4heron4 Member Posts: 21

Doc Fee + Title/Reg in Seattle area is about $525. Backing into your price, you are getting the car for about $20.5K which is about $1200 below invoice. That looks like a good price!
  • Options
    kittykat11

Getting 1k or more below dealers invoice price in your area WA. is a very good deal. Dealers have the most Lx models on there lots resulting in better pricing.

Have selling dealer give you the breakdown numbers for that vehicle totaling 23k. for a OTD price.

• Options
    cakes99cakes99 Member Posts: 27
    Hello everyone, I have a quote from dealer for 2015 Honda Accord Sport model Sales price $20,791 plus doc fee $599 no extra options final price before Tennessee Taxes $21,390.00 I'm thinking it's a good deal? Any advice I'm about ready to pull the trigger and take this deal.
  • Options
    Thanks heron4 & brian for your response! I asked the dealer if they would sell the car for 23,000 out the door after i checked Kelly Blue Book Fair Prices and this was under what they suggested. I went to the dealer in person yesterday to confirm that they would do this deal. I also asked if they would throw in mud flaps and a cargo tray, which sound like a good possibility. I asked the dealer for a breakdown on the price today but they aren't emailing me with it. I do have in writing from the other day that they will sell the Accord Lx for 23,000 OTD . They did mention some concern that since it was in writing I was going to shop that price with other dealers. When I was doing the test drive the headrest really hurt my neck no matter how I tried to adjust it and the seat position. I have a 2001 with 283,000 miles that doesn't hurt my neck. Have you heard of this? I wanted an Accord but I'm wondering if the headrest/seat situation is going to be a deal breaker for me.. I'm sorry, I'm not too computer savvy so I can't figure out how to edit my post and if this is how I respond to your comments.
  • Options
    jtotheizzojtotheizzo Member Posts: 8
    Can someone help me with some information on a lease:
    What is the money factor and residual for the 2015 Accord LX in San Diego, California? 12,000 miles/yr
    Thank you.
  • Options
    heron4heron4 Member Posts: 21

Thanks heron4 & brian for your response! I asked the dealer if they would sell the car for 23,000 out the door after i checked Kelly Blue Book Fair Prices and this was under what they suggested. I went to the dealer in person yesterday to confirm that they would do this deal. I also asked if they would throw in mud flaps and a cargo tray, which sound like a good possibility. I asked the dealer for a breakdown on the price today but they aren't emailing me with it. I do have in writing from the other day that they will sell the Accord Lx for 23,000 OTD . They did mention some concern that since it was in writing I was going to shop that price with other dealers. When I was doing the test drive the headrest really hurt my neck no matter how I tried to adjust it and the seat position. I have a 2001 with 283,000 miles that doesn't hurt my neck. Have you heard of this? I wanted an Accord but I'm wondering if the headrest/seat situation is going to be a deal breaker for me.. I'm sorry, I'm not too computer savvy so I can't figure out how to edit my post and if this is how I respond to your comments.

I have not seen this issue but everyone is different. You should try out a different car to see if the same issue exists.
  • Options
    Did i freak out unnecessarily? Last Saturday for about 5 minutes, I owned a 2014 accord lx with mud flaps, trunk liner that I bought with 4673 miles for a total cost/OTD of $20,500. As soon as I got back from finance the saleman was taking papers out of the glove box, I said what is that, he said garbage, I said I'll keep it and look at it later, then I snatched it out of his hand and freaked out when I saw auto body repair, T-bone left panel. I ran back to finance and made them give me back my check which they wouldn't do until I gave them back the auto body repair receipt. Here's my question, did I over react? It was about $300 something for parts and 1200 something labor, total bill under $1700. I had just signed a car Fax in Finance stating the car had no accidents and.I sure wasn't expecting body work on a car with less than 5000 miles that Car Fax said had no accidents. I am anxious about buying a car, spending so much money and having things turn out badly. I always feel like I don't trust car people based on previous experiences. Why didn't the car people tell me about the body work. Sales manager said he didn't know. Wouldn't they have that info on the computer so they get back all the $ they put into the car. The body work was done by the same dealers company body shop. I talked to a body shop guy I'd gone to before, and he said for that price it was probably more like repainting the doors etc, not structural. If I wanted to I could still buy this car and they would let me take it to my body shop to look at. I just don't feel confident buying a car. I can get that new 2015 Accord Lx for 23,000 OTD which is a lot of $ for me or I could get an older car and save $ but then i wonder what kind of problems I may be getting. I need to buy a car very soon, like in the next week my head gaskets are going out and my 2001 Accord isn't worth fixing with over 283,000 miles. What would you guys do in my situation? I was thinking Accord since that's what I have ,but like I said before the head rest hurt my neck on the test drives in the Accord. Would you get the new Accord so I would know I would have no problems or look in another direction? Thanks for your input if you stand reading this whole comment!
  • Options
    nycmdxernycmdxer Member Posts: 3
    @brian125 I'm in NYC and shopping for EXL V6.

The lowest price I've negotiated is $27000 and around $29500 OTD.

That's roughly 1700 under invoice.

Is this a good deal? Do you think I can get lowered than 26500 at the end of month?
  • Options
    nycmdxer

Very good deal in NYC area... I don't think many dealers will match the price your getting.

• Options
    1200 below dealers invoice price in NYC/ NJ area is a top price right now. End of the month might pay dividends..

If your current deal is for a model on dealers lot grab this deal................ I say BUY today don't wait.

good luck

• Options

Can someone help me with some information on a lease:
    What is the money factor and residual for the 2015 Accord LX in San Diego, California? 12,000 miles/yr
    Thank you.

Post your question in the accord leasing forum. Someone will help you with leasing numbers

• Options
    nycmdxernycmdxer Member Posts: 3
    @brian125 Thanks! Looking to close out the deal soon.

Another dealer just came in with OTD price of 29420, plus ~70 DMV. They will throw in all season mats. But they are 40 miles away. Going to ask the closer dealer one more time before closing.

• Options
    carro101carro101 Member Posts: 21
    Hello everyone
    In the market for a 2015 Accord EX-L
    in Southern California. Anyone have
    prices quotes or purchases amounts
    thanks
  • Options
    carro101 said:

Hello everyone
    In the market for a 2015 Accord EX-L
    in Southern California. Anyone have
    prices quotes or purchases amounts
    thanks

I posted on your home page

• Options
    jimsnapsjimsnaps Member Posts: 15
    Sweet then
  • Options
    Brian 
    responded to your home page

24650 on the ex l
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    carro101

Exl comes with leather seats. $24,650 with dest/ charge included is over 2k. below dealers invoice price.

With out = $1347 below dealers invoice. $80 dollar doc fee in CA

• Options
    roughrider119roughrider119 Member Posts: 20
    I bought a 2015 Accord EX Sedan CVT from Anderson Honda (Palo Alto) on Friday 03/13/2015. I used my sister's address since the tax rate in Temecula is lower than Alameda county. Her name will be on the title as well.

Purchase Price (destination inclusive): $22,788

Document Fee: $80
    Electronic Vehicle Registration Fee: $29
    Tax (8.00%): $1829.44

Total OTD: $24,985.19
  • Options
    Roughrider
    Thanks for breaking down the
    purchase line by line in your ex. It
    really helps to determine the actual
    purchase price. 
    I was quoted 22400$ in Los angeles
    plus fees. It's interesting Sacramento and the Bay Area seem to have really low prices. 
    Thanks 

• Options
    Just bought an accord EXL yesterday in California @ Honda World Downey. Internet/fleet salesman was Tony Nguyen.

$24, 101 vehicle price
    $258 registration fee
    $29 electronic transfer fee
    $80 doc fee
    $6.40 doc fee tax
    $8.75 California tire fee
    $2 charge for two years of oil changes at any Honda
    This was a lease so if you want to see the breakdown that is on the lease board. Thank you to everyone that post their deals. It helps us all. Special thanks to @brian125 for all your help. 
  • Options
    artthurr said:
    Just bought an accord EXL yesterday in California @ Honda World Downey. Internet/fleet salesman was Tony Nguyen.

$24, 101 vehicle price
    $258 registration fee
    $29 electronic transfer fee
    $80 doc fee
    $6.40 doc fee tax
    $8.75 California tire fee
    $2 charge for two years of oil changes at any Honda
    This was a lease so if you want to see the breakdown that is on the lease board. Thank you to everyone that post their deals. It helps us all. Special thanks to @brian125 for all your help. 

• Options

I bought a 2015 Accord EX Sedan CVT from Anderson Honda (Palo Alto) on Friday 03/13/2015. I used my sister's address since the tax rate in Temecula is lower than Alameda county. Her name will be on the title as well.

Purchase Price (destination inclusive): $22,788

Document Fee: $80
    Electronic Vehicle Registration Fee: $29
    Tax (8.00%): $1829.44

Total OTD: $24,985.19

carro101 said:

Roughrider
    Thanks for breaking down the
    purchase line by line in your ex. It
    really helps to determine the actual
    purchase price. 
    I was quoted 22400$ in Los angeles
    plus fees. It's interesting Sacramento and the Bay Area seem to have really low prices. 
    Thanks 

I went ahead and bought my EX from diamond honda in the city of Industry . Like @brian125 suggested, this was the best price i was able to get. My price was 22,400 plus fees. It came out to similiar numbers like @roughrider119 . That 9% tax for me tho lol.
  • Options
    @artthurr
    I thought $24650 was a good price from 
    carson honda for a 2015 accord EX-L 
    4 cyl. no navagation. your price $24101
    Is a good example why @brian125 suggests calling 20 dealers. 
    Was this a ad in a newspaper?

you said lease are you sure this is the
    orchase price because sometimes the
    purchase price is hidden in the contract. 
    Can you tell us how you obtained this price. 
     thanks 
    @carros101

• Options
    F.Y.I
    This is info for accord 4cyl EX-L
    carson Honda seems very agressive to sell. They hinted they could go lower if
    we were on the premises. Maybe what@arrtthurs paid At Honda world in Downey from tony?  Carson probably would go to 24 and change. Thanks

• Options
    @carro101
    That was the agreed upon price of vehicle(purchase price). I told Tony the price I wanted to pay and negotiated from there. I was shooting for 24000 flat. The 2 years of oil changes was a nice touch from him. There initial internet price was quite a bit more. I actually made a spread sheet and contacted dealers within 50 miles of my zip. I was pretty exhausted afterwords but I think it was worth it. You have to be careful in California because a lot of these dealers will send you a quote but if you read the fine print it is not including dealer add ons. And these dealers love putting on about a grand of add ons that are actually worth about a hundred bucks. What I also found is a lot of dealers aren't willing to send quotes anymore because they don't want you to shop. They will give you the old line that they will match or beat the other ones offer. I don't like that game, so those dealers didn't get much time. Here are a few dealers that were straight up, Honda World Downey, norm Reeves Huntington beach, Buena park Honda, and Hardin Honda. Also the finance guy was awesome at Downey. I told him straight up I don't want anything else and he got the paperwork done fast and was funny. 
  • Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    artthurr said:

Also the finance guy was awesome at Downey. I told him straight up I don't want anything else and he got the paperwork done fast and was funny. 

I looked like the guy that won't buy anything, so my finance guy did not even bother to say a word, and rushed me thru the paperwork.
    carro101 said:

F.Y.I
    This is info for accord 4cyl EX-L
    carson Honda seems very agressive to sell.

I had a different impression from Carson. I felt they were upfront and honest about their price, but were too confident that I was bluffing when I told them I had a better offer somewhere else.

• Options
    hondafaaanatichondafaaanatic Member Posts: 19
    ultratech said:

I had a different impression from Carson. I felt they were upfront and honest about their price, but were too confident that I was bluffing when I told them I had a better offer somewhere else.

One of my favorite lines when trying to get dealers to match prices:

"That's such a good price I might go and buy one myself to put on my lot to sell!"

Is there an acting class that car salesmen are required to take before they can become car salesmen?
  • Options
    @hondafaaanatic
    That is funny. Heard that twice. They must all go to the same school. Or the old line I would be paying you too take the car, such clowns
  • Options
    Or the most popular question from a sales
    person.

How much do you want to pay??

best answer:   I am trying to pay as much as possible lol

• Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    The latest one is
    " Your offer is too low, no way I can sell to you...... but if you have it in a Quote I will Match it !!! "
    Yeah right. if it's too low for you, what difference does it make what Dealer B is selling for...
    artthurr said:

What I also found is a lot of dealers aren't willing to send quotes anymore because they don't want you to shop. They will give you the old line that they will match or beat the other ones offer.

I also noticed that with Honda Dealers. What is the point providing a Price Request option on their website if they are not willing to be provide a quote.

• Options
    bsmith75bsmith75 Member Posts: 9
    @brian125 Hey, Brian. Might I bother you for some help for target prices in Texas? I'm looking for a '15 Accord EX or EX-L. What are the invoice prices on these? And should I shoot for $2k under?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bsmith75 ,

Exl invoice = $25,997 plus 820 dest / charge = $26,817

EX invoice = $23,634...........820....................= $24,454

There are no current Incentives / Rebates outside of college grad, or military rebates of $500

Buy at the very end of March. Start your emails and calls on march 30th to all your targeted dealerships. . Target price range in TX........1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice. Very good deals are in this price range.

Getting 2k below invoice may be harder if your not going to get 10 to 15 dealerships involved and use the end of the month/ 1st quarter to your advantage. Pitting one dealer against the next.

I would start this week with my spread sheet listing of all my targeted dealerships Internet mgrs, Names, Numbers, Email info along with each dealerships....... doc fee charge. You must know this charge prior to making your offer to buy on that day.

Getting a price of 2k below means you achieve that number after you take into consideration each dealerships doc fee charge, If your state has a cap on doc's there are no worries then.

Example : If dealers doc fee charge is $499 your offer is 2499 below your models invoice price. This makes dealers doc fee charge a wash on the bill of sale. Doc fee's in TX are not high ( about $150) compared to other states that get $299 to 899................( MA, CT, NJ, MD, CO, FL,GA, NC, SC, NV.)

If you get 2k below invoice and dealers doc fee is $499 then your deal is really $1501 below dealers invoice price.

Being prepared and doing Pre homework makes the day your buying so much easier and less time consuming.

Use this month to your advantage. Buying at the end of any of the 4 quarters will help you make a better deal. Limited dealerships in your area will put the pricing advantage in there favor and not yours.

You should always plan to buy a new vehicle at the very end of any month.

Good luck

• Options
    bsmith75bsmith75 Member Posts: 9
    @brian125 Got it! Game plan set. Again, thanks for the help. Couldn't remember my old username so made this one, but you helped me buy my Taco last year. You're an awesome gent!

One last Q, sir. To get that doc fee info, should I just ring up the dealerships and ask? I'm definitely going to get at least 15 on my spreadsheet because I can cover pretty much from San Antonio to Austin to Houston.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yes you will do good covering that big of a area. I like to call each dealership not leading on that I'm buying at the moment and ask the person who answers for the contact info the internet mgr. / email etc. If that phone person cant answer what that dealers doc fee charge is let them connect you to someone who knows. Its a 1 or 2 min call to each dealership. Tell no one your interested in buying anything. Your gathering info

good luck