Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Maintenance and Repair

1106107108109110112»

Comments

• odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,170
    Update...

Took Smoky back out to the dealership / service center and had the roof trim looked at. Between service, sales, and the body shop we all looked at even the other models / trims sitting on the lot without the roof rails and they too are having the front trim twisted up. The body shop manager then had me pull into the shop and had one of the techs look at it. They used a double think automotive adhesive on the underside to see if this should help with it. All were agreed that this is a design flaw and with no mount or clip for holding they will see a lot coming back. The sales manager is going to bring this to the dealer network rep's attention when they visit later today and have it forwarded to Honda for clarification. There is also concern that water will get under there in the winter, freeze, and cause damage to the roof systems. At least corporate is involved and is aware of this issue now as well.

I'm about ready to rename Smoky and start calling him the Kobayashi Maru.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 50,557
    3M and others make a good double stick tape for the auto industry - I bet something like that will wind up being the fix.

Congrats on being the first. :'(

Moderator - Buying questions? Please include city or zip code and trim you are shopping, FWD or AWD, etc.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 50,557
    Hey @odie6l, Edmunds just added a 2016 Pilot to the long term fleet. It's an Elite loaner from Honda.

2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test - Introduction

Moderator - Buying questions? Please include city or zip code and trim you are shopping, FWD or AWD, etc.

• odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,170
    So far so good. I haven't had any issue with the rear pieces since the re-install of the 2nd rail system. The front pieces have stayed down (so far). I'm waiting on the body shop to schedule the appointment for the repaint of the hatch / roof from the damage caused from the trim piece.

Odie