Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• markludmarklud Posts: 41
    I read something about replacing a part to repair the function of the rear air conditioning vents on my 03 Pilot EX. Can someone send me info, or a link to a site, on how to do the repair? No air comes out of the rear vents in the center console. Thanks to anyone who can help!
  • This problem poses a severe safety problem and should be reported to the NTHSA website. Suppose a plate falls off in freeway traffic and bounces into the vehicle following. A severe accident could follow.
  • These failures represent a safety which should be reported to the NHTSA. A plate could bounce into oncoming or following traffic and create a nasty accident.
  • markludmarklud Posts: 41
    Thanks for the link! I think I'll be able to handle that, I'm sure that must be the problem. Just as an aside, my 03 has 53,000 miles with one major incident. One day I noticed oil under the engine, at 50,000 miles. I took it to honda service and they diagnosed a rear main seal leak. I know very little about that subject, so I took their word, and $1,100 later, my leak is fixed. Has anyone else had this problem? I actually wrote Honda and received a call from a cust. serv. rep. He was very cordial and asked if I would accept half reimbursement for repair cost. Since I'm beyond warranty coverage, I accepted. I feel I was treated fairly by honda, but not sure what an average rear main seal repair costs. Any comments by anyone? I love Edmunds.com and have gained so much insite on all my car questions!
  • rich357rich357 Posts: 9
    I bought my 2009 Pilot in June of 2008 and after one year the suspension seems as if it needs adjusting - or something. Can the suspension be adjusted? Going over a small pothole sound like a "crash," while slopping road paving can have the car slightly swaying.

I guess what I'm saying is, there's a noticeable difference in one year. Can anything be done to smooth it out again?

Thanks!
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Firstly check air pressure on all the tires and make sure they are same with PSI the sticker staets on the driver side door panel.
  • You could have a defective strut/shock on one side.
  • nasgroupnasgroup Posts: 14
    Hey All,

I always buy a factory service manual for all my vehicles. I have been surfing online, but have not found them for sale.

thanks
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
    Helm has "2009-2010 Pilot Service Manual Volumes 1 and 2 (KA)" for $150.00.

Helminc.com
    Thanks. Exacvtly what I was looking for...
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
    I think I've purchased my last hard copy set. I didn't get $120 worth out of my last set (but I'm not much of a wrench turner either). Now I use my public library online more:

Online Repair Manuals
  • tornadogtornadog Posts: 49
    Wat could be the reason for rought bumpy ride on my month old 2010 honda pilot? It started after they started digging holes in our neighborhood roads, and I had to drive over badly filled ditches. Now even on smooth highways, I can feel the bumps, and can feel it on the accelerator pedals.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Check the air pressure of your tires. If they are all up to par then possible strut/shock leaking fluid and being defective.
  • tornadogtornadog Posts: 49
    the pressire is 32 in one tire and 31 in the rest. So I think the pressure is OK.
  • I purchased a new 2010 Honda Pilot Touring last month and have about 2500 miles on it, including one road trip of 1200 miles. Opened the hood (for the first time) and noticed a greasy, oily film with dirt and grit thinly layered in the engine compartment. Not notice this before so quickly in a newly owned car before, checked all of the dip sticks and caps and all are secure. Is this just normal road, travel oils or something mechanically wrong? Any comments appreciated...
    Actually they are $150 for the 2010 Pilot manuals.
    I've just gotten in the habit of buying them for all my motorcycles and cars.
    I'd rather have 'em and not need 'em than not have 'em when I need 'em :)
    I do all my motorcycle(s) wrenching and most of my vehicles depending on how much time and complexity. We rotate replacing 2 vehicles every 4 years thus every 8 years. With car reliability these days the wrenching is mainly wear items like brakes and belts, but have had to change the odd starter.

It gives me peace of mind when travelling knowing that I have 'em with me. Especially on the motorcycles. Just make sure you put together a useful tool kit with wrenches/sockets/wire/duct tape , etc
  • My mom told me I am getting her 2004 Honda Pilot when I get my license in a few weeks. The car has a few damages and I asked her if she could repair it and then give it to me. She said if I can find a quote on the price of the whole repair she would see what she could do. Here's what is wrong with the car:

1. 4/6 speakers are blown out and do not work
    2. The car is very very dirty and is stained with coffee and cig ash
    3. Paint stains on the front bumper
    4. A decently deep scratch on the back right fender that took the paint right off
    5. The wheel alignment is off a little bit
    6. A few dents here and there

What am I looking at as far as pricing?
  • ... sounds like a great 2st vehicle ;-)

My thoughts are

1. 4/6 speakers are blown out and do not work
    Replace them yourself. Real easy to do. Go to crutchfield.com and you can get a set of "Kicker 07DS600" speakers for $40. Cructchfield will give you a list of speakers that fit your new ride. They also have installation instructions. Best buy will install speakers purchased there for around $50.

2. The car is very very dirty and is stained with coffee and cig ash
    Elbow grease, carpet and upholstery cleaner ill do wonders, plus some febreeze if it is really smokey.

3. Paint stains on the front bumper
    plan a) Get a rag, spray some brake cleaner and rub the paint off ...
    plan b) Go to Walmart and get a tube of GS-27 and rub the paint off.

4. A decently deep scratch on the back right fender that took the paint right off
    get a bottle of the factory touchup paint. Check your driver door jamb for the factory paint code.

5. The wheel alignment is off a little bit
    2 or 4wd? Not more than $100

6. A few dents here and there
    Leave 'em, it's just character and it is not a new vehicle. There are dent suction devices that could pull 'em out, but why bother...
  • kipkkipk Posts: 1,576
    Fan got noisy and vibrated a while back and it cost me $50 for the dealer to remove trash from the bird cage blower. Did fine for a month or so, but the noise has returned. Sounds like the fan is behind the glove box.

Any instructions on how to remove the glove box and anything else involved, and get to the fan would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kip