Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Maintenance and Repair

1161162163164165167»

Comments

• I am with you! I have been searching the web for after market Honda Pilot Amber turn signal tail light assembly with no luck!
  • garyazgaryaz Posts: 1
    Not the best vehicle I've owned. Now 3 window actuators broke in the last 10 months. At $400 per this really sucks. I drove over railroad tracks and the rear passenger window just fell inside the door. It started with the driver side driver window. OK it gets used a lot. Then the driver passenger window. I don't have kids that ride with me. The salesman told me it's a design flaw. He said the using the remote to lock unlock affects these parts. So even if the window doesn't get use, this part wears out? I only had 1 window break with all the cars/SUVs I've owned. 2007 and 105,000. Gas mileage was good till I had to replace the wiring harness.
  • I purchased my first Honda Pilot this past September and have been pretty happy with it. However, now that winter has arrived, I've found that whenever we have a snow/melt/freeze cycle, water accumulates at the bottom inside of the circular plastic cover over the gas cap, causing it to freeze shut.
    The dealer has tried "adjusting" the cover, which did not sit flush with the back fender, but that hasn't helped.
    I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and whether there is a good solution.
    Thanks for your help.
  • sddeb > I'm also going through this crap & it isn't nothing nice!!!!

poodog13> your out there dude!!!!!!!

ralphiehonda> you r dead on doggy :)
  • Oh ooops!!! ralphiehonda > what was your out come?
  • walk_the_walk2walk_the_walk2 Posts: 140
    edited December 2013
    We dont have this kind of problem down here in the Sunshine state, but since the dealer is clueless, I would suggest this: Have someone (and this may be you, if you are mechanically inclined) drill two small "weep holes" in the bottom of the plastic socket that the gas cap is attached to, where the water collects. Be sure to drill where, and in such a way, that you do not drill into the fuel tank intake tube. Water should then weep out of that area and not freeze.

You could also coat the area with silicone spray (available in the sporting good section), if you are squeamish about drilling the weep holes.

But the weep holes should do the trick. Hell, the dealer should be able to do it for you, for that matter.