Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jc9394jc9394 Posts: 39
    Not at all with the $2000 market support from Honda, you should target for at least $34K.
  • p1cfl01p1cfl01 Posts: 14
    Hi bakstge1,

What a deal!!!! I too am looking at the samething in Long Island NY,2009 Pilot EX-L RES, well the same color black/gray. Can you tell me where and who you got it from, the salesman, if you don't mind? My email lam_frankie@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Frankie
  • fred25fred25 Posts: 81
    Michelle,

You are very welcomed - that's the power of this important web site - and I am glad to help - I too am in the market for a new 2009 EXL: Pilot. Currently I have a 2005 EXL Pilot and its time to upgrade.

FRED
    Thanks for the information - however, it is important to read the find print of the warranty - many DO NOT COVER RES and/or NAV. Before you sign on the dotted line you should know what is covered in addition understanding the fine print of WHAT'S NOT COVERED. Ask for a full copy of the warranty and read it slowly and carefully. Do not take anyone's word of what is or is not covered. If it is not written is not covered.

Just make sure you know what your paying for and keep in mind the term "BUYER BEWARE".

FRED
    You are correct on the third party extended warranty...on the Honda extended warranty does said it will cover factory NAV and RES.

Examples of Systems covered:

* ENGINE: including the Timing Belt, if due to MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN.
    * FLUIDS/OILS as required for the repair of a covered part.
    * TRANSMISSION: including the Shift Cable.
    * GENUINE HONDA FACTORY INSTALLED NAVIGATIONAL DEVICES
    * FRONT, REAR AND 4WD AXLES
    * COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS: including Switches, Sensors, SRS Control Unit.
    * CHASIS: Suspension, steering, and Brake Systems
    * FUEL SYSTEM
    * AMERICAN HONDA AUTHORIZED ELECTRONIC/AUDIO ACCESSORIES: including cellular telephones, rear entertainment and DVD systems that are factory installed, or DEALER installed according to AMERICAN HONDA factory specifications.
  • navooshnavoosh Posts: 2
    2008 Honda Pilot VP AWD - MSRP-$28,995.00
    Internet Price*-$24,523.48
    After a phone conversation, they got back to me with a price of $22,000 not including sales tax.
    Additional fees would be $250 (documentation), $25.50 Title. Not sure if they would charge the $670 destination fee. They said that this was their lat '08 model left.
    I have no experience with the dealership located in Northeastern Ohio.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thank you !
    JC 9394:

Thank you for the clarification.

FRED
  • :mad: they just don't want people to keep playing games with them
    hi pemdoc,

would it be ok for you to let me know who in Mahwah Honda, Mahwah NJ
    gave you that price EX-L AWD RES 30295 +dest
    , i too is looking to buy this, plz let me know lam_frankie@yahoo.com

thz
    frankie
  • Does the $2k incentive apply to leases as well? I'm looking at a Boch ad for 288 a month, 36 months, 12k a yr no money down aside of the normal fees. The only way I can get anywhere near that number using the payment calculator is them selling the car well below invoice.

I'm glad I found the forum...if the 2k is available on leases we'll probably move up to the touring.

The Pilots are just sitting on the lots up here, they're not moving them even with the new lease rates.
  • bakstge1bakstge1 Posts: 24
    Picked up the vehicle tonight, very pleased with the entire transaction, sale and dealership in a whole. Simple internet process and they agreed to the number I offered. I worked hard with Toni (the internet sales manager) at Honda City in Levittown. Once again, I walked away with a 2009 Pilot EX-L 4WD w/ RES for $31,895 destination included, no trade. No fees or any bs, just tax, reg & license. Good Luck.

A few posts up I see someone getting an offer out of Jersey for the same vehicle for $30,900. Unsure how much lower these things will get, but I really wanted to stay local to keep up a good relationship for when it comes to service time.
    Thanks bakstge1, i like to keep it local also you basically got the car $100 below dead cost including the $2000. The dead cost to them is $31994. I hope they can get me this deal too, we'll see. thanks frankie
  • Hi everyone,
    I was curious....Is there any way to avoid the destination charge? Perhaps purchasing a vehicle from the lot? I bought my 06 Pilot Exl at Bernardi Honda in Mass and got the best deal at that time. Now I want the 09 Pilot and have been getting various internet quotes and so far the best was from Atamian Honda/Volkswagen in Tewksbury Ma:
    *2009 HONDA PILOT TOURING RES/NAV 4WD
    MSRP$40630/Discounted Internet Price $34070 (includes the $2K cash back)
    This does not include the destination charge. Bernardi's quote was $34,870 which did include the destination charges.
    I think this is a super deal. What do you think - could they go any lower??? Could I be so bold as to ask for $500 off (cover the auto starter) ? Thanks!
    What exactly is dead cost? I thought invoice was pretty much the bottom line. If they werent making any money somewhere, I know they wouldnt have sold it to me. So I think invoice pricing is BS and overhyped, just got to pay what you feel comfortable paying. I will say this is one busy dealership, that seems to move product as both time I was there, Dont forget deal with TONI only at Honda City.
    Dead cost usually is the Invoice - holdback - market support + destination charge.

Take Touring with RES for example
    36201 - 724 - 2000 + 670 = 33477
    There is no way to avoid destination charge. From the quote you got, Atamian, basically making 600 only. You can try Boch (don't recommend them, high pressure sales) or Herb Chambers to beat Atamian's price.
  • Thanks! I will definitely see if anyone can beat the price. When you talk about Dead Cost, are there any dealers that are willing to sell at Dead Cost? I never heard of this.
    Usually not, but it happens. Please keep in mind the dealer needs to make a small profit. The Honda sign cost them a lot of money and lets be reasonable but not get kill by them.
  • Hello. I have been given this quote by a local dealer: $29,400 for a 2009 Pilot AWD EX-L. plus tax, title, and doc fee.

Any feedback on this price? It is the lowest that I've received so far, and I am thinking it's quite a good deal?
  • [29,400 for a 2009 Pilot AWD EX-L. plus tax, title, and doc fee.] It is the lowest that I've received so far, and I am thinking it's quite a good deal?

Didn't you answer your own question?
  • mplshondadlr, Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough. I am looking for feedback on this price from others who are participating in this thread. Even though it's the lowest offer I've received, and even though I think it's a good deal, others may have input that I want to hear.
  • pemdocpemdoc Posts: 4
    It was one of the internet guys, he goes by H.P.

FYI
    "* Prices do not include tax, title, or license fees. Prices include all applicable rebates. Subject to prior sale. Expires 7 days after quote or by month's end."
  • hello, may I ask which dealer you are getting this quote from. the lowest OTd price that i have got is 30950.
    i think thats the greatest price, i would make sure the dealer will stick to its committed price.

print the email or ask them to write in the formal letter with that price.

good luck.
  • Hello, since this forum was so helpful, I just wanted to share our info. We just picked up a black Touring from Goudy Honda in LA.

Price was 36,201 (invoice) - 2,000 (rebate) + 670 D/H + 180 (BS fee) = $35,051 (plus tax, docs, etc). We also opted for a 7 year/80K miles extended warranty for 875 (originally offered at 1225).

So far so good! Thanks for evryone's info, it was absolutely helpful.

bb
  • pemdocpemdoc Posts: 4
    The math doesn't add up. I think this is what you mean.

36201 - 724 - 2000 = 33477+ 670

Question for the community. Should that $670 be considered part of the dead cost since it's passed directly to the purchaser?

"Dead cost usually is the Invoice - holdback - market support + destination charge.

Take Touring with RES for example
    36201 - 724 - 2000 + 670 = 33477"
  • For reference: The invoice on a 2009 Honda Pilot EXL 4WD is $32299.00. Minus the $2000.00 DEALER CASH, that adjust to $30299.00. Minus the holdback of $1055.00 equals $29244.00. $156.00 over actual dealer cost is a fantastic deal.

"Even though it's the lowest offer I've received, and even though I think it's a good deal, others may have input that I want to hear."
  • mplshondadlr, thanks for your quick reply. where do you get your number for the invoice price? likewise for the holdback number?
    You people are going to drive yourselves crazy. Its like trying to re-price after you have already bought, which is a big no no. There is alot of great info in this thread as to who is paying what and where. I suggest really taking the time and dissecting the info on the last 3 or 4 pages alone. Lastly, the price you pay, is the price you should be comfortable with, after doing your homework. You also need to be realistic in what you offer the dealer. Like I said, armed with the info in this thread, you should be able to cut a very good deal (not overpay or underpay) on your new Pilot. JMO
    Not really a good price but kinda fair. I like to pay less.

Stocked EX-L RES Black/Gray, no other extra add on.

$32194.21 + Lic/Fee + Tax

1.9 and 3.9 finance along with this.

I am still waiting on Mahwah, NJ and Honda City, Levittown both lower priced in this forum but not sure if they'll deliver.

Will post once I hear from any of them.
  • Hi all-

I've been looking at Honda Pilots for some time and would like to get a certified pre-owned (like the 2008 better than 2009 model, and the 0.9% apr). Found the following, how low would you offer?

http://lutherbrookdalehonda.lutherauto.com/Default.aspx?inventoryid=25143793&pag- e=preowned-inventory

2008 Pilot EXL
    Aberdeen Green Metallic
    Internet Price: $27,695
    Mileage 22705

Only 22000 miles 0.9 apr oac, on Certified Pilots thru labor day, ask sales for details, leather heated seats, power moon roof, Factory Warranty! 7yr 100k. Honda Certified Warranty, also has Factory tow pkg. running boards, and roof cross bars.

VIN: 5FNYF18518B004367

I want to make a good decision and you guys all seem very smart!