Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• emdyemdy Posts: 3
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to this forum. You have been very helpful in my car buying experience.

If you are buying, please post your cost, including breakdown, after your purchase so future buyers can benefit from your experience.

I got what I think is competitive pricing on 04/29/2013 and 04/30/2013 (last days of the month of April). I just wanted to pass on the information that I got. I thought it would be useful to those of you who are shopping, preferably at the end of whatever month you buy. ;)

Good Luck!

------
    Prices for 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD base (no Nav, no RES):

Price with Destination $32,474.35 (13.3% off MSRP)
    6.25% sales tax $2,029.65
    Doc Fees, Title & License $418.00
    Total $34,922.00

Price with Destination $31,803.00 (15.1% off MSRP)
    6.25% sales tax $1,987.69
    Doc Fees, Title & License $453.00
    Total $34,243.69

Price with Destination $31,800.00 (15.1% off MSRP)
    6.25% sales tax $1,987.50
    Doc Fees, Title & License $420.00
    Total $34,207.50

Price with Destination $31,600.00 (15.6% off MSRP)
    6.25% sales tax $1,975.00
    Doc Fees, Title & License $474.00
    Total $34,049.00
  • motwonmotwon Posts: 2
    emdy,
    Thanks for the info. Do you mind sharing where you are? I'm in Dallas and the lowest offer I've been able to get on the 2013 EX-L 4WD is $32,300 + TTL.

I've also been shopping for a used EX-L 4WD with less than 30k miles to see if that's a better deal. Best offer I can get is $28,100 for a 2011 w/ 26k miles and is Honda Certified. I'm not a great negotiator but have really been patient in trying to work dealers down but have had little success. If I can't get the car for lower than $28k I figure I might as well just buy a new one. Anyone have any recent experience with low mileage used EX-L 4WD Pilot pricing?

Thanks,
    Motwon
  • localpcguylocalpcguy Posts: 4
    Just trying to find out from you guys how low can I push this dealer further before pulling the trigger. Any suggestion or advise is much appreciated.

NEW 2013 PILOT EX 2WD 3.5L
    Price: $27,373
    Doc fee: $ 395
    Plates: $ 544
    Tax: $ 2,545
    Total OTD: $ 30,857
  • clarence10clarence10 Posts: 55
    Motwon, FYI, I just traded in a 2010 Pilot Touring w Nav (No Res)in NY Area and it had close to 50k miles. We got $24k for the trade.

Also, picked up a new 2013 Pilot Touring for $37,137 including destination but plus tax.
  • motichormotichor Posts: 31
    Last year I traded my 2009 EXL-4WD-with RES for $22,500. It had 25,000 miles on it. But, then it also had $7000 of Hail Damage (assessment per my Insurance company) and so essentially I was able to get $29,500 for a car that I used for 2 yrs and paid $32,000 two years earlier.
    The new car I got was a 2012 Touring 2WD for $36,200 + Tax, Title, Registration.
    Ended up costing me 9000$ out of pocket.
  • tommy126tommy126 Posts: 5
    Hi there. Wife and I are in market for 2013 Pilot and trying to figure out what would be a good price for EXL 4WD (no Nav no Res), and Touring 4WD in NYC.

I've tried internet quote at numerous dealership but non of them are willing to commit to an internet quote. All of them asked to be in their showroom in order to provide "best pricing".

So before I actually do visit them over the weekend, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,658
    Tommy

You said you are looking for either a Pilot EX-L (no NAV, no res) or a Touring which has both NAV & RES. this weekend is most definitely one if THE weekends to buy a car. I bought my Pilot (2011 EXL w/ NAV) 2 years ago. At the time, Honda offered 2.9% financing (up from 1.9% the month before in the wake of the tsunami). I didn't wait until Memorial Day weekend. Honda dropped the rate from 2.9% to 0.9%. I could have either saved a lot of money paying for my EXL w/ NAV or afforded a Touring (with power lift gate at the time) for what I paid for my truck.

Anyway, 2 years later we are really happy with our Pilot and plan on keeping it did many years to come.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• clarence10clarence10 Posts: 55
    Try Truecar.com. You will get 3 quotes which usually seem to be in the same range. If you go to the dealership without knowing what a good price is, you will lose for sure.

I went with Huntington Honda on Long Island. They are honest and reliable. However, YOU need to know what a good deal is before you go in.

.9% Honda Financing right now which is pretty close to 0 :)
    Thank you both for the helpful tips.

I just hope the dealer won't think I am too crazy with starting pricing of 31K for EXL and 35K for the touring.

Regardless of agreed pricing at the dealership this weekend, I will post my outcomes and hope it will benefit next buyers.

One quick question.... the 2014 model should be out in few months, how much more can I talk down the price??? 500-1000? Thanks!
  • usdanchanusdanchan Posts: 7
    I am also in the market (DC/NOVA) to get a 2013 EX-L 4WD without the DVD and Nav.

So Far I got the lowest OTD price is

Vehicle Price $ 31,127.00
    Freight $ 830.00
    Accessories $ -
    Sales Tax $ 1,028.01
    Registration & Tags $ 83.50
    Processing Fee $ 499.00
    OTD Total $ 33,567.51

Is that a good price?
    edited May 2013
    I got quote for the following in NY:

EXL AWD (no NAV no RES) for $31,500
    Touring AWD for $35,500.

Wife and I decided on Touring and went to dealer yesterday and put down deposit.

$35,500 includes destination and any dealer fees + TTL

Long story short, other dealers said this price was impossible and refused to match or beat it.
  • xadxad Posts: 1
    That's a great price/ Could you please give the dealer name? We are in the market for a EXL AWD
  • willjhwilljh Posts: 1
    I live in the Atlanta area and just bought a Touring 4WD for $36,500 plus TTT. The dealer had about $1K in add-ons so the sticker list was $43,200. I got a fair price for my trade so I am fairly pleased. They had a lot of inventory so a smaller dealer or with limited inventory would likely not have resulted in such good pricing. I agee with the other poster to check TRUCAR and to be armed with written proof when you sit down with them to negotiate. Have the trade in values and the Trucar figures printed out and in your hands. I did have some issues with another dealer not being truthful in negotiating (tried to charge me for body side moldings and mud flaps that were OEM equipment!) but I kept at it and found another dealer who seemed more honest (are any of them?).
    Moved from a Toyo Highlander to the Pilot. Had 2 Muranos before the Toyo. Like the extra room and feel of the Pilot better. Hoping the gas mileage will be in line with estimates. I got 23-25 at 75-80 highway speeds here in the South and averaged 21 with the Highlander.
  • andynycandynyc Posts: 7
    I just got a quote from a NJ dealer for a Pilot EX-L for $29,9xx. Seems too good to be true. I've asked as many questions as I can think of to ensure it isn't a scam before schlepping the family there to purchase it. They claim it's valid offer, that they have multiple vehicles at that price, that it won't have any other charges or fees than state tax and licensing. Any suggestions for sniffing this out more? Can I ask for a fully drawn out bill of sale or something to be pdf to me? Ideas? Thanks,
  • geez, what happened to paying invoice or less? I have an 05 pilot exl res, runs like a clock!! 82k. I'm not buying til I have to. Wait till Sept/Oct for leftover deals, no?
    Tommy, where'd you end up buying? How was your experience?
  • john420john420 Posts: 28
    Where in NJ did you get that quote from? What town was the dealer in? ALso, what was the list? 4wd or 2wd
    Andy,

My experience with dealers made me believed most of them are crooks....

Was your price for 2WD or 4WD? DMV fee that NJ dealer charges is a bit more than NYC

Most dealer quoted around 2K below invoice. About 32k-32.3k for EXL 4WD and 36.3-36.5K for Touring.

I end up buying Touring 4WD for 35.5K that includes destination and all dealer fees (but without any accessories).
    I never specified and that $1500 or so difference puts the price in line with about 4 other dealers.
    what led you to choose the Touring? Other than RES and NAV, does it bring a lot else compelling?
  • anandchicagoanandchicago Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Picked one up yesterday in chicago area. Traded in our 2011 odyssey EXL with 22000 miles on it for 24500. Think we did ok on trade, it had deep scratches in front and some minor scratches on the side which would have been hassle to get fixed anyway. Think we could have got about 500 odd more but ended up finalizing the deal. Seems like tommy126 got an excellent price, there is no way we can get that over here.
  • bobv10bobv10 Posts: 1
    Hi Tommy!

I also live in the NY/NJ area and will likely be buying a Pilot Touring this year....which dealer did you go to for that $35.5K price on a Touring?

Best Regards,
    Bob
  • acegunteracegunter Posts: 8
    Guys the best i got was 31200 + taxes on 4WD EXL and 35200 on 4WD Touring... Is this a good price...
    So I just got off the phone with the dealer and they have also confirmed via email that they are offering the Honda Pilot EX-L AWD for $29,9XX. I thought that maybe it was FWD, but they confirmed it's AWD. They claim that they have numerous stock EX-Ls and they would offer any of them at $29,9XX. This is $1500 less than the other offers. Seems awfully good to be true....
  • Just paid 27100 for 2013 2wd EX. Came with roof racks, wheel locks and lifetime power train warranty. OTD was 28800. We seemed to be pleased with these numbers since two other dealers said they couldn't get close. Hope this helps.
    East Honda in Cincinnati quoted 30900 +taxes and TTL for 4WD EXL and got the pilot from him.. Pat B was the best sales guy i have seen.. Highly recommended...
  • ap445ap445 Posts: 1
    acegunter, What and where was the best quote on the Touring? Can you send me a copy of the written quotes for both the 4WD EXL and Touring? Thanks!
    Don't have anything in email. you might just need to tell this sales guy that a colleague referred and bought a EXL on Saturday for 30900+tax/ttl. Now this was with the .9% finance. I think without Honda finance it was an additional 750. I am not sure if they have the same thing going on right now.

I didn't get the Touring quote from him. the best touring quote was 35.3 (with finance). I am sure he would have been able to beat it by ~500
  • Could you plese share or message me the dealer info. I am in the market for touring or exl awd.
  • motwonmotwon Posts: 2
    Clarence10,
    Thanks for the info, definitely helpful. I ended up buying a new 2013 EX-L w/ 4WD for $31,600. I was out the door for just under $34,000. Financing was 0.9% for 5 years. I ended up going with Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas, TX because they gave me the lowest price up front. Other dealers said they'd match but I appreciated Rusty Wallis' upfront approach. I worked with Ronnie Taylor, who was by the far the best car salesman I worked with during my search.

Best of luck to everyone in getting the deals they want. Again, I appreciate all of the information that was shared, it helped me know I was getting decent price.

-Motwon