Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ntikkuntikku Posts: 3
    It was $23,400 + $635 destination for a total of $24,035 for a brand new 2008 EX 4WD...
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Preliminary American Honda Sales Report Shows April Sales Increase
    Honda Division sets April record; final numbers to be released as soon as available

Due to technical difficulties, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., is forced to delay the posting of final April 2008 sales numbers until the issue is resolved. All reported numbers are approximate and are expected to show increases when final results are tallied. Preliminary sales tabulations show that American Honda April sales will exceed 134,000 vehicles, compared to 126,419 vehicles for April 2007.

Individual April records for the Fit, Civic, Civic Hybrid and CR-V will push Honda Division sales to an all-time April record of more than 121,500 units, compared to 111,226 units a year ago.

"Selling conditions are certainly tough, but at Honda we see this as an opportunity," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda. "In difficult times, consumers make very rational, thoughtful purchase decisions, which play into Honda's core brand strengths of outstanding fuel economy, safety and quality
  • kel180kel180 Posts: 3
    what dealer? that's a deal!
  • rg66289rg66289 Posts: 3
    With approved credit, you can finance for as low as 0.9% for up to 36 months, or 2.9% for up to 60 months.

Here is the special!!!

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
    MSRP = $34,080.00
    INVOICE = $30,917.00
    YOUR SALE PRICE = $28,598.00
    You can have either a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, or your first 3 years of maintenance

Thanks
    The incentive is $3,500 on this model and they are just $2,319 under invoice so this is not a good deal.

The powertrain warranty is some 3rd party and is likely worthless (buy a HondaCare complete plan if you want to extend the warranty). 3yrs of maintenance for most Hondas is not that much and they change the oil when the minder tells you it is time (about 6,500 miles depending on driving conditions) and NOT every 3 months / 3k like some folks like to do. You would have to consult a Pilot service schedule to see what else would be needed in 3 years, but probably just an air filter and a cabin filter - both are cheap online and easy to do yourself.

So I would tell them keep the freebies and drop the price on the Pilot :D .

Dennis
  • ntikkuntikku Posts: 3
    Koons Honda in Manassas, Va...I really liked how they quoted the "Final Out the Door" price on the online quote and I then negotiated an another $300 off from there to offset difference in the lower processing fees that other Honda dealers were charging in nearby Maryland...I guess it also helped that the date was 4/30, the last day of the month and they wanted to meet their numbers...Their Internet Sales guy was named Ahmed and was a good guy and easy to deal with....
  • cleo13cleo13 Posts: 2
    Thanks for all of the information. I just purchased a Pilot EX-L RES FWD for $27500. With the fees I paid $27820 + 3% sales tax in New Mexico. I also got the 2.9% financing for 60 months. There were only two (2) RES vehicles left in NM at the time of my purchase on 04/28/2008.

Did I get a good deal?

Thanks
  • mancomanco Posts: 4
    Please share the dealer name and the Sales person. Looks like a great deal.
  • aixaix Posts: 30
    Looks like you got a very good deal. $3600 under invoice with low apr..very good. ;)
  • wsgallwsgall Posts: 3
    I have a price of 27,717 plus tax and title for a Pilot. This using the 2500 dealer cash and 2.9 finance. From reading other posts, this seems fair, not the best but pretty decent for this car. Most of the dealers in the Pittsburgh area seem to be in the same ballpark. What should I expect to pay for an extended warranty? I know these can be profit centers for the dealers, but I plan on hanging on to this Pilot for a while and would like the comfort of knowing it was covered if needed.

Thanks in advance.
  • kucha12kucha12 Posts: 2
    Just wanted to thank everyone in this forum for the great discussion, information and advices. I have been reading this forum for about a month and also thinking of purchasing a Pilot EX-L. I debated between FWD and AWD. FWD was cheaper and had VCM, which could save some money on gas. On the other hand, Pilot is SUV and leaving in Northwest (Western Washington especially where we have rain for 4-6 month in the year) having AWD is preferable. Even dealers said that they did not have many FWD in stock because Honda usually does not ship them to our area. I emailed several local dealers around Seattle and received some quotes. They were different, varying in thousands of dollars.

The cheapest quote was $26740 + tax 9.3% +ttl ($29500 OTD) if I have my own financing and $30780 OTD if I take low APR financing. I ran some numbers and found out that it is same thing in terms of monthly payment and overall price of the car if I take 2.9% and $2500 or go with 4.49% and $3500 off. All dealers I spoke to in my area said that it was impossible to combine $3500 incentive and low APR offer.

Same dealer offered 4.49% through Honda Financial. They had great selection and we got color with an interior we wanted. They also had to throw wheel lock and mud guards for free. After all we got our EX-L 4WD Pilot for $26740 + tax (9.3%) + title + doc. fee ($29500 OTD). It was about $4200 below invoice with my financing. I think I got a good deal.

Thanks again.
  • ohresohres Posts: 46
    Thanks for the information.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    This week promotion at Boch Honda in MA good til 5/9/08

$25,988 on EVERY 2008 NEW PILOT AWD ...

Model: 4X4 SE W/RES With MSRP of $33,630 (Save Over $7,800)
    Model: 4X4 EXL With MSRP of $34,080 (Save Over $8,088)

excludes taxes, title, doc fee, and registration fees; prices include all customer rebates, promotions, and incentives to dealer.
  • aixaix Posts: 30
    I wonder if they can combine those prices with the low apr? Great deals nonetheless, if you're looking at those specific trim levels. They're really trying hard to sell those 1,000 cars per month..... :)
  • jvidhunjvidhun Posts: 5
    Hi,

Just bought a EX-L with navi, white 2 wd. Final price was 27700. Dealer installed a bluetooth system for telephone calss, which I didn't ask for, but figure will beuseful with the new cell phone law coming into effect in California this summer. OTD was about 30K.

Love the car...

Thanks for all the advise and posts. I wasn't even thinking of getting one till 10 days ago when I stumbled upon the forum and discovered the rebates etc..
    aix -

if you're at Boch's site, you can talk live with sale rep. to ask that ?.

The online talk can be print out as record & Boch can do same also.
    Ask them if it includes the destination charge or not and how much the doc fee is. Boch claims to be the largest volume Honda dealer "in the world" but in the past folks have reported the super low price quotes did not include destination and whatever their doc fee is.

Dennis
    Price exclude TTL, Doc Fee is 298.

Destination is already inside the MSRP. If the Ad says how much OFF MSRP then the destination should be included. However they may add it on again to see whether buyers protest. If not then they make 600 more extra profit.

I once spoke online and the quote didn't mention destination, when I got there the floor manager put it on. As soon as I said it was not there during online chat, then he scratched it quickly. I think this floor manager will add the destination on ALL his quote to test the water. I wonder what % on his rate of success to rip off another 650 - 680 from customer.
  • wyyangwyyang Posts: 29
    Sales of light trucks fell 4.8 percent to 52,655 from 55,300, as demand for the Pilot dropped 30.9 percent to 8,321 and sales of the Element fell 14.9 percent to 2,907.
    Actually, the Pilot for April 08 dropped 36.2% compared to April 07. YTD 08 is only 14.7% behind YTD 07.

Even with all the dealer money they still did poorly.

Dennis