Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maverixmaverix Posts: 13
    Just curious as to what your OTD number is. If possible can you pl post the break up too? :)
    I agree with you on the RES thing. Not the best of the screens out there.
    Where did you buy at?
  • Twin City Honda in Savoy,IL (Champaign)
  • $32,000 for 2011 EX-L (no nav, no RES) but with the cargo mat package (all floors plus back cargo, tinted windows and advanced cargo net

1938.00 sales tax
    125.00 document fee
    75.40 dealers inventory fee (Pilot in my color was about 1.5 hrs away)
    Title fees 132.55

TOTAL OTD $34,271

Honda care extended warranty 990.00
    Frank Kent Honda (FW, TX)

Very professional, wonderful place to deal with. They did try to charge more for the extended warranty but we were prepared, had a printout and that was easily changed.
  • Honda pilot exl 4wd 2011

with navigation package
  • @npmommy

32K sounds great. What method did you use make the offer?
  • 2011 EX 2wd Crystal Black Pearl
    $28,008 + TTL
    $716 Premium Running Board installed
    $32,080 OTD

This was purchased at Hardin Honda (Anaheim, CA - 9.75% sales tax). 90% of communication was through email with a few phone calls for last minute details. The salesperson was professional and very easy to deal with and there were no hidden fees or extra 'required add-ons'.
  • Aim for Low 33k range with destination. tops 33.5k
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    Excellent advise superman12. We purchased a new 06 Pilot exl, and later an 08 Acura rl. Both vehicles were purchased at 17 % for the Pilot and 18 % off for the RL calculated from the sticker price.

And I also recommend what superman12 suggested as to send emails, get quote, then I waited until the dealers sent you return email/or phoned you up. And I will do it again with the same procedure. :)

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • What credit score do you need to qualify for HFS Super Preferred and Preferred credit tier??
    Thanks.
  • I am looking for a 2011 Pilot 4WD EXL/RES around in Kentucky. Anyone knows any good deals?
  • esemesem Posts: 11
    Vehicle: 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD (No NAV or RES)
    Price: $31,614 >> OTD Price with taxes, reg and other fees was $34,770
    Honda Finance: @ 2.9% for 60 months.

Went thru the Costco program. AMEX had the best quote ($250 less) between the two but Miller Honda matched it and they were closer to where I live.

The sales people were great. Finance person wasn't too bad either. He went thru a lot of options, warranties and insurances to buy but he wasn't too pushy.
  • I am looking to buy a 2011 pilot. Can someone pl.tell me the difference between EX-L and Touring?

Also, what is OTD price I should be looking to pay.. looking to buy in NJ.
  • loachloach Posts: 246
    edited September 2010
    Probably the biggest differences are certain features you can't get on the EX-L that are standard on Touring:

1. Memory seat settings
    2. Navigation and RES (you can only get one or the other on EX-L)
    3. Power liftgate
  • rt4rt4 Posts: 13
    For those of you that are thinking about buying a Pilot, you should do a couple of things. First of all, go to the Edmunds forums that are relevant to this vehicle, and notice two problem areas that have received numerous complaints. (1) moonroof problems (will not close properly) Honda admits there is a problem and is issuing (has issued) a fix for it. (2) some vehicles pull to the right. Honda refuses to recognize this as a legitimate problem. How would you like to be stuck with this for 4-5 years?
    I will be buying a new one shortly (after I sell my '07 Pilot) and here is what I will be doing and you might want to consider this: after reaching a price with the salesperson, but before signing anything, go to the lot and check the roof for proper function, then, and most importantly, take the vehicle for an extended drive at all speeds and make sure it tracks straight ahead, if not, go back to the lot, and start over with another car until you find a good one.
    Compared to other suv's, the Pilot is a very good machine (read forums about others with all their problems), but plz. check things out first.
    Good luck!
  • We have been searching for the best deal on the Pilot EX-L... there is a demo on the lot with less than 5,000 miles and she quoted us 32,000... I thought that was crazy, because the quote on a brand new one was 32,600. How much should I offer for the demo... it has been driven for 6 months... I thought that once a car has been driven, the depreciation is something like 6,601 the first year...

Help! We are so ready to buy, but don't want to pay more than we should. (in Louisiana)
  • Got it at Sussex Honda, Newton NJ - 31,850 quote - 35,913 OTD. This is my 3rd Honda & the 6th car I purchased & was by far the easiest. Sales guy etc were great! :P
  • cmartin411cmartin411 Atlanta, GAPosts: 42
    I got a quote for a 2011 Touring 2WD for $36,031 plus $577 doc fee and tax and title. What do you guys think? Edmunds has the invoice price at $35,914.
  • just bought 2011 pilot touring black/black awd, nav, rear ent system for $37,995 plus tax plus dmv. that figure includes destination charges. honda city, levittown, ny (long island).

may i respectfully suggest to anyone looking to purchase extended warranty to call bob leab at hyannis honda (im not allowed to put in contact info- just google it). i got 6yrs/80k for $670 no other costs. The dealer that sold me the car wanted over 2k for the same thing!!! very easy transaction. good luck to all, hoping this all helps.
  • Hi guys I think we'll brake down and buy a new one, 2011
    Should I do EX-L with or without the RES?

What are the prices OTD that I can expect? Thanks for your help. :)

Best Regards,
    Dan
  • we finally purchased a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L (no NAV or RES) after reading information we obtained from this website...

Our final price was $31,000 + TTL... Team Honda in Baton Rouge, LA

We are really enjoying it and are so thankful for this website in helping us get the best deal we could find.