Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 2011 EX-L 4WD BASIC (NO NAV, NO RES, nothing extra, so just basic model) 31,890 no trade involved.

Fellow consumer, remember lease/financing is your personal business with Honda Financial Services not a factor to be considered by dealer in negotiation of the final price. So negotiate as you would pay cash, and only THEN explore financing options. Although do not forget to add fees associated with purchases/financing (see below)

I PERSONALLY was considering two options
    December Option 1. 1.9% for 60 months
    December Option 2. Lease (12k, 36months, RV-57%, MF-0.00139%)

Things to remember: documentation fee: varies but usually in range of 99-270 in midwest; acquisition fee 595 (Honda financial set fee)

Personal Experience: Nebraska and Iowa dealers are looking for "that one gold sale" which will bring a lots of cash, so no luck on negotiation a good deal here. Try more populated areas like MO and KS.

Good luck to everyone, Pilot is a great car!
  • I have learned quite a bit watching this forum, so I thought I'd add my own experiences to the mix. I just drove home, 80 miles, in a new 2011 4wd Pilot touring. Got a 3 year lease with 5k down, for 36 months and 12k per year. Monthly payments are $423.

Here is what I did. I researched the heck out of all models and trims and test drove everything I thought I could possibly like (and afford). Then I used the web , including Edmunds and other sites to send out requests for offers. I also called lease brokers and a guy who will not permit me to mention his name, who always finds things falling off trucks.

I explained what I wanted and kept pressing until I began to see the lowest price around. In the above deal, it was initially around $480 per month.

Then I heard from Spreen Honda in Loma Linda. In truth, the deal seemed too good to be true. I made them email me the agreed upon terms. Then I took the printout to my local dealer, Airport Marina Honda. I even went in with a cashier's check in the amount of the down payment. They told me Spreen was nuts, that Spreen had made a mistake. They said the number obviously did not include tax. So while I was at Airport/Marina Honda. Spreen said that of course the deal included tax in the monthly quote. They sent me an email right away.

Taking the Spreen quotes and the check, my sales person went to his manager and they declined the deal. First time I ever walked out of a dealership with a check in hand. In fairness, I was told I would be welcomed back after I returned without the deal I wanted from Spreen.

Two lease brokers I knew were also so certain the deal I had been offered was bogus. Their messages were hardly the sort to foster confidence in my perception of reality or my ability to negotiate a deal. Where did you get the $434 number? This is not a real number, you must just me making up numbers and hoping you get lucky. You should get the EX-L with nav, it will better fit your budget."

Well, everyone needs to make a buck.

I took the family and drove out to Spreen, and I must say, a deal is only as good as the email you send out after you have arrived home in the car.

In this case, Spreen had the car waiting (a Christmas gift for my wife). No monkey business with the numbers. Sure, they mentioned the rustproofing, leather stain resistant, all security extras, but I just said "no thanks" and that was that.

Financing also provided no surprises except that it provided no surprises.

I got the deal, at $11 per month less than I'd been quoted. Couldn't have been easier.

Now I admit this is an anecdotal experience. Mine only. I did my research, printed out proof of the prices offered and talked like I knew what I wanted. But this worked for me. Perhaps it will work for you.

I could not be happier with the deal.

Merry Christmas.
  • This is my first post, Just picked up a Touring 2011 @ 36,500 inclusive of destination - Northern NJ, appreciate feedback
  • I purchased a new 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD today for $32,400 inclusive of destination. The only additional costs were TTL. I had 1 other dealership that would match this price and one that would beat it by $40. I traded a 2006 Pilot EX-L RES 4WD and received above KBB trade-in. My trade was in excellent condition. I purchased at Schaumburg Honda in Schaumburg, Illinois. I was extremely pleased with the transaction. I discussed pricing ahead of my visit with the Internet manager. I brought everything necessary to drive off in the new Pilot and that is what happened. I showed up with my trade on my 1st visit and left with the new Pilot.
  • prdpprdp Posts: 1
    What is the best price for honda pilot EXL AWD 2011 at this time? Is there any year end special pricing ? What if i pay cash?
  • I purchased a new 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD today for $32,500. Played the Honda dealer with the Mazda (CX-9) dealer. I would have been happy with either car. Got the best price for the CX-9 then went to the Honda dealer and compared notes. In an effort to defend their price, Honda "droned" on about the five year re-sale value of the Pilot. Make a long story short, I created a document comparing the two vehicles on a five year cost of ownership. Obtained all the info I need from cars.com and the honda.com. Bottom-line, the five year total cost was $8,000 ($2,000 was due to Mazda offering a higher dollar amount for my trade-in.) higher on the Pilot compared to the CX-9. Went to the Honda dealership with information and whammo, received the price I wanted and the trade-in value I wanted.

The key to this transaction was I wanted the Pilot, but I was prepared to walk out and buy the CX-9.
  • That was a good buy!!!!I also want to buy one can you pls. e mail me where did you buy and the sales person, my email add is aacosta_sr@hotmail.com

I appreciate it very much!!

Armando Acosta
  • what options were included?
  • dynapakdynapak Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Do you mind sharing the dealership name? My e-mail address is sfdurrani@gmail.com. I have checked out 4 dealerships in NJ and even the price excluding destination is 1000$ more than this. I am in NY. What was your OTD price excluding accessories?
    Thanks
  • There were no additional options included. 2011 EX-L 4wd, polished metal metallic with black interior.
  • I am in NC and have been looking for a blue Touring with 4WD for many, many months. Still can't seem to find one. The dealer will locate one and then tell me they want a $1000 down just to get it to NC and that it will be several months. The price I have been quoted is almost $38,000.
  • boatingboating Posts: 17
    Took delivery yesterday of a 2011 Pilot EXL 4WD. Price $32,274 included delivery and trailer wiring harness (to complete tow package). State sales tax and registration were extra. Researched Pilot here on Edmunds and Tru-car and contacted four Honda dealers with quotes on color I wanted. Traded 05 Pilot EXL with 101,500 miles in excellant condition. Rhode Island area dealer. Purchased on 12-30-10. Dealer was very busy with customers. Know what other customers are paying and what your trade is worth before contacting dealers for price quotes. Process was easy also received 1.9% financing through Honda.
  • Sounds like a good deal.
  • brutuzbrutuz Posts: 1
    I just got my Pilot LX 4WD

$500 less the invoice price
    1.9% APR

no addons..

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place to buy accessories for pilot?
  • Checkout www.piloteers.org. Plenty of good info on where to buy accessories over the net.
  • kaliguy20002kaliguy20002 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Hi

I live in Orange County, Southern California.

I've been visiting the Honda dealers in my area and they gave me a very surprise price on the Pilot EXL 2WD, no Nav or RES price: $29,700. I still have two last payment (total of $520) on my leased Honda accord but they didn't want to cover it. Or they will cover it if I want to return early but the price will be $30,250 even.

today is Jan-8-2011, hopefully they will give me a call tomorrow and give me a little more. :-)
    :)
  • Hey, I am interested as well. Can you tell me which dealer is offering that rate. I may buy it this coming weekend.
  • Hey I'm also in the market for an LX, do you mind providing some further pricing details? Thanks.

Samir
  • I have a 2010 Accord EX V6 with just under 16000 miles bought last June. I would like to trade for a 2010 or 2011 Pilot 2WD EX-L. Any idea of the kind of deal I could get trading it in?