Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dhotiramdhotiram Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    paid $36,000 OTD. Northern California.

Purchased All weather Mats and rear luggage area tray not included in the price.

This is my 2nd pilot. very happy with it so far. slightly better gas mileage than my previous one that i just sold.

Hope this helps potential buyers out there.
  • Y, I'm on Nova. Those numbers bring
    Your total up to 39203. That's better than what I calculated. Is that your out the door price?

I got a quote today for 41000 out the door with 1700 in accesories. The quotes I have all try and add cost on to the accesories. Without accesories my best was something like 39400.

If you don't mind me asking what dealer are
    You getting that quote from?
  • ilanailana Posts: 13
    Hello,
    I have a general question if I trade in a car for a new lease do I get a break on taxes. I know if I was to buy a new car I would (i am in NY) nit sure how it would work on lease.
    Thanks Ilana
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,818
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I went through the process of requesting quotes from every dealer in the DFW area a few weeks ago. Of the responses that I received, Frank Kent Honda in FW offered the lowest initial price.

I was looking for an EX-L Pilot w/o RES or NAV and w/o accessories. They offered a price of $31,073 including destination and before TTL. Invoice price is about $32.2k.

I then shopped that price with 4 or 5 other dealers in the area and all advised that to take the deal and that they couldn't go below $32k.

It took about a week to get the Pilot in from Honda but once it came in, the dealer called and we drove over to pick up the car (about an hour from our house in Dallas). The service was pleasant and not pushy at all. When I got to the dealer, I was able to take get their finance department to add in L&M tax credits to further lower the cost.

All told, it took 6 emails to complete the transaction and then about an hour to pick up the car up at the dealer. For those getting quotes of invoice or higher, PLEASE do yourself a favor and shop around. It was worth driving 100 miles r/t to save over a grand on the car.
  • mctrees02,
    Looks like you got a great deal. I have narrowed down my search of an SUV between a mazda CX9 and the pilot. I live in the DFW area also and will get a quote from Frank Kent Honda in FW.
    Could you eloborate a little about the L&M tax credits? What are they and who is eligible?
  • jpbeejpbee Posts: 3
    Tyson's Honda.
  • JPbee, thanks for the response. I've also narrowed it down to Tysons. I can't seem to get the same deal you have, but pretty close, a few hunderd dollars off.

So here is my final price:

So one last request from this awesome forum - I want to lease this car and I'd like to put nothing down and do it for 36 months. Can someone give me some guidance, or some ranges on monthly payments? I'm pretty much going in blind on the lease numbers so anything to give me something would be a huge help. I plan on heading in tomorrow so here's to hoping there are some great response in my inbox in the morning!
  • vicvinegarvicvinegar Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    This on a Touring 4WD I take it? Tysons seems to have the most inventory from what I've see, especially for Touring models.

Did you get that price in the show room? Or did you email dealers? I'm just wondering if there are some not to bother with. I was going to send out a request for offers to basically every Honda dealer from Baltimore to Richmond.
  • L&M is a bit tough to explain and scouring the interwebs doesn't lend much detail.

Long and short, it's a tax credit available where-in you pay a 1.25% fee in lieu of a 6.25% sales tax on your car. L&M is a company over in Ft Worth that takes care of your TT&L work in exchange for the fee and their service is available on different cars at different times.

Always ask your dealer if L&M credits are available. If they are, it's a 5% savings on the price of your vehicle and that is HUGE (about $1500 on an EXL Pilot).
  • liznycliznyc Posts: 1
    Question for KYFDX and anyone else
    Looking to see if I should buy or lease pilot exl 4wd w nav. Any idea what the lease numbers look like for march? Also has anyone recently priced a car in new York city?
  • dskylardskylar Posts: 3
    Hi all.

I've been watching this forum for the past few weeks - it's super! I started shopping a little in February - we went through Highlanders, Siennas, Odysseys and now are pretty much settled on Pilots. After some online back and forth via emails and price quotes, I'm prepared to sign on a 2012 Pilot EX-L with no nav. The quoted sale price is $32,600, which includes destination ($810). This is the amount we will base our financing on - we'll pay the sales tax (6.5%) doc fees ($230) and registration ($125) separately.

We plan to use the Honda 1.9% financing. I checked around, and the closest other financing was 1.99%, so Honda Financing is the best - we'll do the 60 month.

I think it's a very good price (basically about $700 less than my prior "great" target).

Does anyone have any other input, or commentary?
  • thejezthejez Posts: 1
    dskylar, where do you live?
  • gf2020gf2020 North of BostonPosts: 45
    dskylar, that certainly sounds like a good price! Is that for the AWD model? If so, that's about $1000 below invoice, right? I haven't been quoted prices any where near that low for the same vehicle here in the Boston area. Where is that?
  • dskylardskylar Posts: 3
    This is AWD. I shopped around a bit. In honesty, we were targeting to purchase later in the year, and ended up purchasing it now due to this unexpected price. I feel that a lot of dealers were pretty aggressive with their prices, I'm guessing to move product on their lots. The dealer was Peters Honda in Nashua. They were excellent - very professional and knew their product and details. Email me, and I can provide more information.
  • 2012 EX-L with Nav, $34,070 selling price; $36,450 out the door with TTL and docs. Accessories included window tint, wheel locks, and all-season mats. Did I get ripped or did I do OK?
  • civictorycivictory Posts: 73
    You didn't specify: 2WD or 4WD?
  • civictorycivictory Posts: 73
    You did ok. According to edmunds.com, invoice is $33,931 (with destination) and "True Market Value" is $34,847.

But none of that should matter now! Enjoy your new Pilot!
  • jorgydjorgyd Posts: 1
    We want to buy a 2012 Pilot with 4WD, EX-L with the RES, so invoice with destination charge is $35015 and MSRP is $38580. We don't need financing and are trying to figure out what our target out the door price should be. Taxes will be 6.85%. I think Edmunds estimated about $200 for licensing/titling or whatever in our state. No idea on doc fees.

We just want a reasonable deal. We are willing to walk away, but would ideally like to buy in the next 2 or so months. I am guessing we want to be somewhere between $37 and $38.5 but I'm not sure what's reasonable and what's too aggressive. Any suggestions?

Thanks