Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• dhernand10dhernand10 Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a pre-owned 2005 Crossfire Limited w/ navigation stereo combination. Since it was a pre-owned vehicle navigation cds were not included. Does anyone know where I can purchase the navigation cds? I have checked the mopar website and they are not listed on there. Otherwise the car is running great!
  • scentedscented Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows the proper way to replace the headlight. The light seems to be jammed and I can't really take it off. Trying to avoid any damages by forcing the light out. Not sure if there is some type of trick or kit I have to purchase to replace the headlights. I would appreciate any help offer. Thanks.
  • buckyrobbuckyrob Member Posts: 8
    Sorry to have to ask a dumb question but I just picked up my new Chrysler Crossfire Roadster and it came without a user's manual. HOW DO I OPEN THE GAS DOOR? HELP!
  • cem1952cem1952 Member Posts: 1
    You need to unlock both passenger doors with the key button, then just push down on the gas cap cover and it should just pop open. When finish, put cap back on and push cover down and it will lock in a closed position.
  • buckyrobbuckyrob Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for your help.
  • xfireroadsterxfireroadster Member Posts: 81
    I would take it to the Dealer, our headlamps are not easy to remove, especially on the passenger side. Just my humble opinion.
    They are on Ebay from time to time.
  • superbee1superbee1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm seriously interested in purchasing a new Crossfire with a MSRP of $51000. Anyone have an idea on a fair price?
  • dhernand10dhernand10 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I will check out Ebay.
    If thats a dealer price, its not the best. Check around and check on Ebay, I have seen SRT6's for $39,000.00. There are plenty of them sitting on the docks as we speak. DChrysler is also giving them away to employess on 1 year short term leases. That Dealer will never get 51k, do yourself a favor and check around, there are deals to be had.
  • myxfiremyxfire Member Posts: 8
    I have had the recall work done, no problem. My dealer has been great they gave me a brand new Dodge Magnum for five days. They also, changed the oil and replace the decal around the trunk lid for the second time. Has anyone else noticed if yours is wrinkling close to the doors? I love mine I bought it at the end of Dec. 2005. I test drove many crossfires and 350z's.And the Crossfire had the Z beat
    because of the 8 way driver seat I'm a very short lady and
    with Z I bruised my hand trying to manually turn the knob on the side of the seat for the height adjustment.The Z did have the bigger screen for nav system, so why can't the Crossfire?
  • tenacioustommytenacioustommy Member Posts: 2
    I have very bad reception on local am stations, have the new radio and was curious if the antenna module might be the problem, does anyone know what the antenna module does?
    could the problem be the antenna in the rear window?
    thank you for your help

Tom
  • baldeglbaldegl Member Posts: 16
    Paid $39,800 in October including full maintenance (like BMW) for 3 years. Very reliable. Trunk very limited
  • businessman718businessman718 Member Posts: 1
    First I would like to give a shout out to all my people out there with crossfires who be tearing the road up. Now I've been having some minor problems with my vehicle. I have a 2004 crossfire, and I had a set of Zenetti flow rims on there... 20" in the rear and 19" in the front..... Long story but this week they were stolen and I came outside to my car on BRICKS!!.... Way before this my check engine light was coming on but I was told that the rims could have cause that. What do you guys think? Another thing is my back drivers side brake light is out, but when I hit it, it jumps back in, how do I fix that?? Also recently my BESP (or something like that) indicator just recently started coming on since I got my car off the bricks. And also the [non-permissible content removed] who stole my rims must have dropped my car because my alignment is also knocked off badley. Incase they did, what else should I look for? I have pimped my car out and now I'm going for 22"z in the back and 20"z in the front. I like the look, I have the pioneer avic-n2 in there along with the rear camera, all chrome accessories but I don't know what to use to put the side fendors on, can anyone tel me the right glue or what ever to use to put the on? Brand and which store to buy it from.... Someone help me with my problems, its greatly appreciated! O yea, I am installing my lambo door kit next week, ill post pics when I do.
    If you ordered the side gills/speed rakes from CTD-Germany, e-mail Tino and he will get you the proper adhesive. I an sure that any adhesive/silicone that is weatrher proof will work, but check with them to make sure. Check engine light could be caused by your gas cap not being full closed/tightened. the BAS/ESP light which stands for Brake Assist System/Electronic Stability Program and the ASR "Acceleration Slip Regulation might be in play here. This is from pg 117 of the Crossfire Technicians Reference Book...."If the BAS/ESP indicator lamp stays illuminated while the car is running, there is a fault in the BAS system, the traction system (ESP) or both. Maybe they did damage something while "jacking" your rims. Make a post of your issues on the other forum and you will more than likely get a more indepth answer, there are few Techs who are members of the forum.
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    Hi. New to this forum. Love my Black '05 Crossfire Limited Coupe.

Anyone know of anyplace that they may have run across to get those headlamps that are bright white and really light up the road? I've seen them on eBay, but I wanted some advice from fellow owners. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, much appreciated.

Drive on....
    I think you are referring to HID head lamps. They are available and can range in price from about $200.00 - $600.00 depending on manufacturer. Some electrical knowledge is needed if you DIY. Also check your state laws regarding wattage, 6000k, 8000k etc.

http://www.xenondepot.com/
    Thanks for the link. That helps to steer me in the right direction. Does anyone have any experience or maybe know if anyone has been successful installing something like this on a X-Fire?
    Yes there have been many successful installs of HID lights. Go here for more info and do a search "HID lights"

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/
  • woodlandswoodlands Member Posts: 10
    If you have tinted windows and a metallic tint was used in the rear window, that is likely your problem with AM radio reception. I found out the hard way.
  • crossfire5crossfire5 Member Posts: 4
    Hope some one can answer these questions. We have a cloth manual seat, I thought one of the features was that when you move the seat forward, it rocks upwards and gives you 2 to 3 inches up. How does that work, the lever on the left side of the seat moves but doesnt recline. Is this a problem, when you pull the front lever up it just slides the seat back and forth but will not go up as advertised, is this just a defect or is there a reason anyone can figure out. Also when you use the remote, only the lights blink, is there a program to make the horn honk when locking, Its not in the owners manual and people at the chrysler web site cannot help........ Frustrated this is a new Car... Thanks
  • acevesaceves Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, I have a crossfire and live in germany where gas prices are a lot more expensive than in the US. I was wondering if anyone knows if an LP gas conversion is possible for a Crossfire normally a tank is fitted in the trunk of a car or takes the place of the spare tire, no one here can tell me as there are not that many crossfires on the road here if anyone has done this or seen where someone else has I would love some info. Thanks
    The Crossfire Base seats do not have have height adjustment. The Limited & SRT6 versions have 8-way drivers and 4-way passenger power seats.
    No conversion that I know of, and not much room in the trunk to install one.
  • lastoneuplastoneup Member Posts: 1
    how do I get an inexpensive extra key for our crossfire?
    If you bought your XFire "new" the dealer must supply you with the 2nd key free of charge. On the other hand if you bought the car used private party, then you have a problem. Check Ebay they show up there from time to time.
    I 2nd that. However, they sell the key fob, but I think you will still need to have it programmed. Honestly, from what I've heard, you will save some money, but including programming, you may still be in the neighborhood of $95 - ish. Not bad since the dealer lists the key aver $150. I need to look into this myself since I need a 2nd key.
    Most keys are pre-programmed at the factory, this info comes from my XFire Tech. For keys that need to be programmed the instructions are simple......with the drivers side door open press lock....then unlock....then unlock again and finally lock.... key should be programmed, this is also info from my XFire Tech. Have not tried this myself but know of others who have done this with expected results.
  • srt6droptopsrt6droptop Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know the production numbers for srt-6s. In particular 2005 srt-6 roadster?
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    Is there a way to make your horn sound when you lock the doors?
  • laurawestylaurawesty Member Posts: 1
    HELP! I bought a 2004 Crossfire 4 weeks ago and have only had it in my possession about 10 days. It has lost power twice while driving and has simply turned off 4 four times while driving on the highway. They put it on the computer and find 'nothing wrong'. The last time, they put in a new computer. Any ideas??? This is so frustrating. I love driving it otherwise, but now feel I'll end up dead if it stops in the wrong place! I think I'm done with it.
  • golfergalgolfergal Member Posts: 10
    It sounds like you need to go straight to the top on this with Chrysler. Don't settle until you know something as to what could be wrong. If after it's repaired and it happens again, get rid of this car. There is some sort of computer glitch to this and you don't need to be driving a car with the potential of harming you and the occupants inside.
    Good luck!
  • aojonesoaaojonesoa Member Posts: 1
    I have a CF Convertible. I LOVE the car! But I am trying to find a bicycle rack that would work on my car. Does anyone know if one exists? :shades:
  • tenacioustommytenacioustommy Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    sorry for the tardy delay in responding to your post, I do have a question on the rear window tint, how do I know if it is metallic or not and you said "I found out the hard way" could you please explain

thank you for your time
    Tom
    When I took my XFire in to have the windows tinted the guy who owned the shop told me that metallic tint will negatively impact am radio reception because it cuts down on the am signal strength with the antenna mounted in the rear window glass. The regular tint does not impact the am signal strength.

The metallic tint will has a sort of metallic reflective look to the tint. They don't use much metallic tint because it costs more and is also more difficult to get a good tint job (or so I have been told).

I hope this helps some.
  • bmagicbmagic Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have had my eye on the Crossfire for some time now and all your posts are making pretty happy about my decision. I need some advice from those with some experience. I'm going to test drive and most possibly buy a used, manual '04 coupe next Friday. I have test driven a different one a few weeks ago that made a rather loud "clunk" when it engaged reverse gear and also felt like the backend dropped a bit...Normal? The fellow who owns the one I'm seeing Friday said his makes a "clunk" in first and because he has to shift so quickly into second, he just starts off in second...which scares me a bit. Other wise it's been dealer maintained and garaged in the winter(and has the luggage...). I have to drive 4 hours to test it and will have to make a pretty quick decision. I don't want to get all excited and buy it just because I have my hands on it...so is there anything I need to check/ask/look out for, specifically about this car? All help is truely welcome! B.
  • bmagicbmagic Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the other site. (The luggage comment was tongue-in-cheek ... Seems like all the recent posts concerned luggage or the lack there of...) Again, Thanks, B.
  • golfergalgolfergal Member Posts: 10
    Yea,I was the one with the luggage question. I'm bad, but not so bad that I would buy a car based on the luggage..and I'm sure you wouldn't either!!! :)

However, the luggage is amazing! It might be worth a new car, afterall!

I would be surprised if you didn't find some help on the other board. Does this new car you're looking at have any of the warranty left? If so, you could have the car looked at prior to purchasing. Obviously, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know..
  • hlcastelohlcastelo Member Posts: 45
    hi. thanks for your reply. its been more than 5 mos but i just saw. i did check with dealer before but they were asking for more than $100 for the stock parts. I will try ebay as well. if you know a specific dealer, please pass on the info.

Thanks again.

P.S.- Have you heard anything about the next crossfire? there was no 2006 model.
    The next (and likely last model year) XFire will be the 2007 model here in the U.S. The 2006 model is being sold in Europe.

It may boil down to either producing the XFire or the Firepower and which of those two cars would return a better profit to the corporation.
  • jlettie2jlettie2 Member Posts: 14
    Has anybody heard an rumors about Chrysler discontinuing the Crossfire. I have contacted several dealers and they have not received any information from Chrysler. Since no information is being released all customers are being told that they strongly beleive the Crossfire has been discontinued.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Have no idea, but if it is discontinued, then we have a cool car that not many have which makes it all the more unique. Might make it hard to get parts in the future. Chrysler didn't know how to market this car and blew it big time!
  • crossfire5crossfire5 Member Posts: 4
    Does any know if the 1st oil change is at 3000 miles or 6000 miles or is the car suppose to tell you??? Thanks
  • decessusdecessus Member Posts: 6
    Is anyone aware of a Crossfire Owners Club? The car has been on the maarket for several years and has a pretty solid reputation. Seems like it is time to get something organized if it isn't already.
  • carfishercarfisher Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking at several different cars over the last year or so. The Crossfire (limited and SRT6) Coupe, RX-8, Mustang, and the Infiniti G35 Coupe. The G35 is probably the best all round car of the group but dealers don't have to budge off of the price whereas with the Crossfire there are still several new (unused) in the showrooms. I saw a new 04 (~500 miles) that had been on a lot (outside) for so long that the paint had worn from around the top of the driver's side entrance. Since most dealer floorplans don't like to sit on cars this long, I am going to attempt to give some lowball offers to some of the dealers still sitting on these and see what happens. I was hoping to get some ideas of what you 'experts' would think the BEST deal on a new 2005 Limited Coupe or SRT6 Coupe would sell for. And do you know of any dealers sitting on more than one of the new 2005's. Does anyone know of a recent price which a dealer has had to take at action in order to move these? Thanks in advance for helping me with my 'homework'!
  • earltjearltj Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2005 limited coupe and bought the cargo cover as part of the deal. I am just now reading (looking, nothing to read) the instructions. I wanted to know how you made out on your installation. I am also trying to figure out about the location of the holes where the bolts are to be placed. Are there pre-drilled holes or will cutting the liner cause the holes to be made? It feels solid behind the liner.
  • cartutillcartutill Member Posts: 1
    carfisher I know a dealer that has a new left over SRT-6 with a great price. If you need more info please email me
  • carfishercarfisher Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to this site, and maybe it should be obvious but I can't find your email address. What is the great price they are asking and what is their web address so that I can see what they have and where they are located? Thanks for the info!
  • acrispy1acrispy1 Member Posts: 4
    there was no 06 for USA there will be an 07 Motor Trend had a review in the sept. issue
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    decessus, you can try searching the web for a club in your area. If you're looking for an online group of Crossfire owners (or people who want to be), you're already here :-)

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review