Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• The fastest I ever hit was 135. But since I first hit that, I've done it a few times between Orlando and Tampa and between Jacksonville and Daytona on I-95. Gotta love those long straights.
  • Have you try to push it at 150mph for a short distance. Let me know how the ride it. The fastest I try is around 130mph and it is smooth with the top down but, little windy...
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    jbjtkbw00....I thought you had to get rid of it due to baby?
  • I did, but I had it for 2 years and by chatting about it, makes me feel like I still have it. I REALLY miss it big time. :cry:
    I had a new Vette in '78 & by '88 had to get rid of it (kids & wife didn't fit in it), but...last one graduated from college ($$$) this year.....& I retired from fed gov, now double dipping & driving new Crossfire.....hey.....consider something like a MazdaSpeed 3......it has a backseat.
  • ronaldcronaldc Posts: 50
    I also retired from the fed gov 4 years ago. Thinking of purchasing a new Crossfire for myself. My wife thinks I am crazy since I going to 63 next April. I worked in car sales for a Jeep / Chrysler dealer two years ago and drove both the SRT Coupe and Limited Convertible. Just love the car. We were selling them for around $40,000. What a sweet car. I guess you don't have to drive Buicks and Lincolns when you reach a certain age.
    Bought my Limited 6spd Coupe 12/5/07.....have put 2,000 miles on it so far.....plan is to put 40,000 miles / year for 25 years.....=1,000,000 = age 80.......or is that 25,000 miles / years for 40 years = 1,000,000 = age 95 ???? Anyway, I got the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. My old lady said most pickup trucks only hold 2 people ...so what the hell!
  • What part of Houston? I live in The Woodlands and see Crossfires in that area, but haven't found a club yet. I wish I could find a local XFire club.
  • ynowakynowak Posts: 2
    hi. my husband and i bought an 05 Crossfire convertible limited. it needs new tires. has anyone out there gone to Tire Kingdom or Allied Discount tires and had all four tires replaced on their Crossfire? how much did it costs with balance and tax and Front End Alignment. Any problems with the tires or sensors after the tires were put on? what brand tire? Does the Chrysler dealership have to put the tires on because of the tire pressure sensors?? if new tires are put on and the sensors get damaged...that's an $800 repair?? any suggestions would be appreciated. ymnowak@tampabay.rr.com
  • Do the 6 speakers include the 2 tweeters in the doors, or is it the 2 tweeters plus 6 more speakers? Also, does the standard automatic v6 coupe have the subwoofers and amp I keep seeing mentioned on different sites? Finally,where are the other speakers in the car besides the ones that are in the front doors because I cant find any pics showing them,and if I wanted to replace only 1 or 2 speakers with aftermarket brands could I do so,or would I have to replace ALL of the factory speakers?? Thanks for any help,sorry for all the questions!
    I bought an '07 Limited recently.....there are speakers behind the seats.....I think it somewhat inhibits the sound a little...as most people will have the seats back as far as possible. But if I crank up Led Zeplin & let the 6 speed rip.....nothing else in the world matters!
  • new to the crosfire club i have an 05 srt6 love it bought new 11 miles on it $24,000.00 at 2,000 miles it went to the dragstrip first run ran a 13.47 at 102mph secound run with two new k&n airfilters ran a flat 13 . love it its my daily driver and my race car. dose any one drive theres in the winter? defoging is a problem when its like below 20 any one have this problem.?">
  • Wow, Where and When did you buy this 05' SRT 6. You do have a very good deal. Please let me know?
  • Hell yes you got a great deal!!!! I would give up the family vehicle to get back into an SRT6 in that condition.
  • i bought it in i like 3/18/07 ya i got a great deal thanks to my uncle/boss he bought 2 new cars one is a limeted superbee number 298 and a srt8 charger for his wife.
  • i did have to give up my 70 dodge charger to get it.
  • i bought it in maple grove mn
  • Welcome to the elite status of being a SRT-6 owner.
    My SRT-6 is my daily driver/racer. I have the all-season Contis and have had absolutely no problem in the snow. Just switch to the "W" mode and you should be fine. In fact, this car has amazed me by how well it gets around in the snow because several other owners claim the car is horrible in the winter. I don't know if they have different tires or don't know how to drive, but I am impressed. I have had no issues with the windows fogging up as long as I keep the defrost on the lowest speed and adjusted to half-way on the temperature dial. I also shut all the vents on the panel as the heat in this car works too well.
    Can't wait to get it on the track this spring!
  • Hi All
    I have been reading this site for over a year. I have a 05 SRT-6 with 4000.0 on it.
    Its a second car or toy if you wish. I have all the Chrysler Acc. I could get. The lighted door sills. The rear Security Cover. and the 06 SRT side badges. I was told by Chry. in Jan. 07 they never made cars past 05. But I have found out now thats was far from true. For those wanting Security Cover it rolls like a window blind. The
    holes for holding it are THERE in each coupe. Just feel them out with your hand and
    cut hole out. The kit comes with cut-out pattern. I have replace blower motor also. The engine has a slight ticking sound like some of your car do. It does NOT move in
    the snow with the summer tires I learned the hard way. ;)
  • ilya85ilya85 Posts: 1
    I fell in love with the look of the crossfire ever since I first saw it back in '04 and now that it came time to switch cars I'm very interested in picking one up for myself. My question to you guys is, weather you guys would recomend doing so or not. Does Chrysler Crossfire break a lot or has bad history with certain things I should look out for when shopping. I'm also having trouble choosing between the 04', 05' 06', and 07' years. Wear there major changes to the model for any of the years? I haven't really decided weather I should get the coup or roadster, but I do want the automatic. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you.
    To my knowledge there are no significant changes from one year to the next.....a few minor issues may have been corrected during the production runs....so the newer the better.....if you buy any new XFire...& are the first owner....you will get a Lifetime Powertrain warranty. Production ended 12/17/07....there are probably fewer than a 1000 new ones left in the country. There were only 76,046 Crossfires ever buildt (04-05-06-07-08) & probably about 15,000 of them went to other countries. About 3,000 Crossfires were supercharged (SRT-6). I know of no significant issues with the vehicle....I bought mine new on 12/5/07 & have put 2,700 miles on it & love every minute I'm in it. There are "base" & "Limited" versions of both the coupe & roadster....auto or 6 speed. Expect at least $12K off sticker....in KC you can get 14-15k off.
  • Just checked out Hillview Motors in Greensburg, Pa on the Chrysler.com shopping tools search inventory link.

Advertising great deals - especially on roadsters. ;)
    Discount is actually shown deducted from MSRP.

Spring CDJ in Spring, Texas is also discounting.
  • I, have a Crossfire,05 with less than 1200 miles it is waranteed till 2015
    It is a thrill to drive and I, love it. I, am 67 and my wife gives me a hard time
    with my other love. I, never drove it in the rain and it lives in the garage.
    Not a scratch or touch up paint on it. Runs perfect. It is an SRT COUPE
    CHARCOAL GRAY.
    You should drive it more often.....life is too short to have it as "Garage-Art". I bought my 6 speed Limited new on 12/5/07 & have enjoyed over 3,000 miles already.....goal is to put 1,000,000 miles on it before I die. (Lifetime Warranty).
  • Which is the best extended warranty plan carrier and what dealership in the country offers the best price?

I'm taking delivery on an '07 Ltd Coupe in March and would like to get the extended warranty, but may purchase from another dealership offering discounts.

Thanks
  • I will be taking delivery on an 07 LTD Coupe and would like to pick up the Service / Maintenance manuals.

Dealer parts have to order them or do they come from a local distributor?

Any places to purchase them discounted?

Thanks
  • Can you share the name of the dealer offering the discounts on the extended warranty?

I'm taking delivery on my Ltd Coupe in March and would like to get the best warranty price available.

By the way, I'm a native northside Houstonian now living in East Texas.

Thanks
    Delivery in March? Did you order one of the few '08s that were buildt?
  • Read this thread in Crossfireforum.org:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18985

It should answer your questions. I would only buy a Chrysler warranty.
    Send todk64 a PM on that forum and he can hook you up.
  • I purchased an extended warranty with my SRT last year when I purchased the car.
    Chrysler has an SRT Division to handle warranties for all SRT vehicles. You choose
    the length of time you want and the deductable or NO deductable amount you want. The warranty is bumper to bumper. All the auto Mfgs. seem to be in a race to get the longest time and mileage powertrain warranties. They are going to make
    money from YOU or they would not be doing it.