Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• Just returned from the dealer where I purchased my black srt6 roadster to have the second key programmed.They have one metallic grey srt6 coupe in the showroom.Anyone interested they are willing to deal.Located in Milwaukee Wi.
  • Did the dealer charge you for programming the key? The reasson I ask is that... I know for a fact that the key comes pre-programmed from the factory, and people have been paying anywhere from $40.00 - $90.00 for key programming. If the key is out of synch all you do is open the drivers side door and hit "lock" and "unlock" and the key is re - syncronized.
  • srtbeemsrtbeem Posts: 8
    No,the second key was included with the car when I bought it last week but they lost the original second one.They thought it had to come from factory in Germany and would take 2-3 weeks but it came in three days from MB north America in Texas
  • niki4niki4 Posts: 13
    i'm trying to figure out how the top is suppose to work. i tested 1 that was so hard to close even a muscle bound salesman had difficulty, it stopped about 8 inches from the windshield and looks almost like it was hinged. and decided not to buy the crossfire. yesterday i tested another one w/top that closes up to about 3 inches above the windshield and requires only childlike strength to close. i got concerned b/c i read an article that describes the top as stopping about 8 inches from the car. neither of the tops i saw make any noise. 1 trick if you are not strong enough to close convertible top - reach left hand out of driver side window and pull down from outside; it usually works on very tough convertibles.

anyone have any thoughts - i of the tops has to be busted or set wrong, but which one.
  • niki4niki4 Posts: 13
    how is the reliability and service been? any problems? esp if you have put up big miles on the car. considering crossfire convertible as commuter car in new englad for 150 mile/day commute (that's right - about 45k miles a year, rain, ice or snow). i was contemplating a solara but fell in love with the crossfire. consumer reports show transmission problems. also any reports on how it does in the bad weather, ice or snow? salesperson was tryng to say that ESP system should prevent bad slides. i would probably get snow tires.

anyone manage to replace cupholder w/a real one :)

thx for any imput.
    When I first closed mine it had been sitting in the showroom for a while with the top down.It was a little tough to pull it down but after having it with the top up for a week or so and opening and closing a few times it's getting easier.The fabric is pretty tight when they first put it on but it stretches out after a while.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Posts: 1,598
    LMAO. How true! I'm now in the old fart stage at age 57. Just bought a Hyundai Sonata 11 months ago. It's a great car for me, but not a sports car. Love the looks of the Crossfire.

I bought a new Volvo (P)1800E in 1971. THAT was a sports car. And I agree with you. An 1800E with auto trans was candy-[non-permissible content removed]. Back then nobody would think of calling an AT car a sports car, except maybe some women.
  • xfire1xfire1 Posts: 1
    Hey everyone...saw this message board for other Crossfire owners...I have a 6 speed 2004 Crossfire and I LOVE IT!! But lately the check engine light has been going on at least once a month (I have only owned the car for a year) and everytime I go into the dealership they say they don't know what the problems is...HELLO they made this car and they can't FIX IT?? Anyone else have this issue??
  • qlscottqlscott Posts: 1
    I just got my new SRT6 Roadster....yes yes yes! This car is only if you must be noticed by everyone! Other than that drives like the Benz and yes you'll hve same issues as Benz (if any).
  • molearymoleary Posts: 9
    Congrats moparfever! More info please though! What did you pay, (not including taxes and registration)???

We want the 411!

Sort of goes with the forum! ;)
  • squat6squat6 Posts: 5
    I have a 2005 Crossfire base model. Every once in a while when I have the inside fan on and I stop a traffic light, a slight oil burning smell will enter the car. It happens with no frequency and on average about once every 3 weeks. The dealer has looked at it twice with no success. The car is completely dry - no leaks. It appears to come from the left side (driver) of the engine. I even called Mercedes with no luck. The car only has 4000 miles and I have changed the synthetic oil and filter twice. Any ideas?
    Next time it happens check under the hood.Are there any vehicles in front of you when it happens?
  • squat6squat6 Posts: 5
    Under Hood is dry and clean. Under car is completely dry. Even changed the oil twice (at 100 plus a pop). And there are no cars in front of me. Dealer seems to think it is still "new car residue" burning off. I have read other forums where owners also have the same problem. I even had the dealer 23 point inspection done twice just for the heck of it. I give up. They say it will clear. Car runs strong and the oil is clean!
    That was my initial thought,residue cats, heat guards, ect.
  • I just took over a lease on a 2005 Roadster. Driving from Atlanta to Florida on I-75, the car started bucking so badly that I had to pull over. A couple hours later it happened again, but a little less severe. A little later, stopped at an interesection and it was running rough, almost seemed like it was going to die. Thought perhaps I got some bad fuel on the way down from Atlanta. A week later, the car stalled at an intersection; restarted ok. Today I was waiting to make a turn at an intersection and it felt like it was losing power and about to stall; was able to coast onto my street - thank goodness the traffic wasn't heavy. Original lessee denies any problems while under his 'ownership'. Car had 14,500 miles when I took it over. I have it scheduled for service this Tuesday. Any advice so that I can have it taken care of corectly the first time.
  • I just took over a lease on a 2005 Roadster. Driving from Atlanta to Florida on I-75, the car started bucking so badly that I had to pull over. A couple hours later it happened again, but a little less severe. A little later, stopped at an interesection and it was running rough, almost seemed like it was going to die. Thought perhaps I got some bad fuel on the way down from Atlanta. A week later, the car stalled at an intersection; restarted ok. Today I was waiting to make a turn at an intersection and it felt like it was losing power and about to stall; was able to coast onto my street - thank goodness the traffic wasn't heavy. Original lessee denies any problems while under his 'ownership'. Car had 14,500 miles when I took it over. I have it scheduled for service this Tuesday. Any advice so that I can have it taken care of corectly the first time.
  • Check the other crossfire forums. I do believe this was recently talked about on the big forum.
  • Thanks .. couldn't find more than this one.
  • Try this thread on the major crossfire forum, just found what i was talking about. http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9961. hope it helps.
  • Got there ... very interesting. Car goes to dealership Tuesday, but after reading those posts I'm not convinced they'll fix the problem. Makes me think twice about purchasing the car at lease end!