Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• Chrysler has been notoriously lousy for resale value. I bought an SRT6 for half the sticker price with 300 miles on it and figure that will be the only $47000 car I will ever own. Even though the ameneties are sparse and the $1300 radio upgrade is a joke, I would buy another without hesitation at the price I paid. Remember - there are no updates available for the navigation system since 2005, nor will there ever be for this system.
  • God I love driving this car!
  • Bought an 04 crossfire with 40k miles put another 5k on it!
    Stopped at store when I came back out and put key in the key would not turn but part way. Called a tow truck had it towed to a Chrysler dealer they checked it out and said the keys and transmitter were bad and the parts would cost $500. to $600.for parts
    But they couldn't fix it because Chrysler would not sell to them because they were going out of business. Towed it to another dealer that is supposed to have a certified crossfire tech now waiting to hear from them.
    Looks like the trouble is just starting with this car.
    Has any one else had trouble with the ignition
  • Sounds like someone may have temper with the ignition, and ECU devices. You may want to check the battery also. Remember you brought the car used 40k miles. Did you buy the car from a reliable dealer or for sale by owner. What is the maintenance record of this car. I don't belive anyone has run into this problem yet.
  • This may help:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25569

This is also a good site for any tech questions you may have.
    Did you check the battery in the key?
  • When I had the other dealer check the crossfire they said it was the lock cylinder.
    and it would cost $658 to replace they have to send to the factory in Germany and it has to be lazer cut for that car.
    checked with another dealer and he said he had replaced 3 in the past week so I guess it will be coming for a lot of you guys after you get a few miles on them
  • I also have a 2004 crossfire,but have just 16, k on it. I had that problem a few times like the key is sticking, but have had no problems for 2years, do you have another set of keys? Still love this car,but I am very disappointed with chrysler,although the dealership here in michigan has giving me excellent service.I bought the car 30 month ago,at a used car lot in Ohio ,only place that i found ,because i wanted it in black,with the cinnamon red leather interior, At the time I only had one key,but theypaid the 175,do buy a new key,when I went to the chrysler dealer to pick up the key,I asked them if it was programmed and ready to go, I went outside with the parts manager to try it,pressed the button to open,and nothing happened, he said they would have to program it but would cost another $75.00,I just went to the service manager,and he said no charge.By the way,if you go on line to look for x-fires 2004 limited coupes are hard to find. Here in michigan a lot of convertibles but not as many coupes I have yet to see one with the red cinnamon interior,so I am holding on to mine,makes me smile every time I drive it,but time will tell,who is going to service these cars when chrysler goes out of business? That my crossfire friends,is now my biggest concern :)
  • I finally bought my Crossfire yesterday and I love it! It's so much fun to drive. For anyone who is considering it, go ahead and get it because you will really appreciate it. I'm sitting on my couch inside my living room right now and I can't stop looking through the window at my car in the parking lot. lol.

I bought the extended bumper to bumper 7 yr/100,000 mile warranty, so hopefully if anything needs to be done, that warranty will cover it.

I do have one problem that I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced. It sounds like there is a marble or something rolling around in my passenger door when I pull off from a complete stop. Has anyone else experienced that? Any thoughts are great appreciated.
  • I bought my 07 new on 12/5/07.....after 14,000 miles......zero defects .....zero complaints. But then, I've already lost my marbles!
  • Came across these manuals at: http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13875

Hope they are useful if your Crossfire is :sick: .
  • Where can I go to buy aftermarket parts for my 05' SRT-6?
  • Does anyone know if there is a way to change the car remote key alarm to sound the honk once or twice to indicate that the alarm is set instead of only the headlights and parking light flash twice?. Sometimes I am not sure if the alarm is set or not when I am 20 feet away. If it requires some wiring changes to make it work, please let me know the details.

Love my Crossfire SRT6, Enough power to put the BMW Z4, 350Z, G35, and the new G37 to eat the dust.

Thanks,
  • As with any toy there are trade offs with design vs. function. One of the very few things that looks like it was an afterthought on the Crossfire is the hideous wiper blades sticking up for everyone to see (especially from the drivers seat). Anyway, I replaced the stock wiper blades with a set of Bosch ION (Bracketless) blades on my '05 Limited Coupe and I am very pleased with the results. At least they are much less obtrusive than the multi-hinged stock units. Part numbers are 420A and 422B. :)
    http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon.htm
  • I don't recall if there has been any discussion on whether Run Flat tires will work on the stock Crossfire wheels? (Limited, not SRT version) When it comes time to eventually purchase some new tires it seems like this would be worth exploring, unless someone can confirm that Run Flats won't work on these wheels.
    (I once had a flat on the stock right rear tire caused by a nail, and there is nothing more depressing than a flat tire on a car without a spare) :(
  • Have you priced run-flats? Even if they worked, the tires would run about $286 a piece for the fronts but I can't find any to fit the rear. If I do, they would cost about $350 each.
  • ronaldcronaldc Posts: 50
    Just purchased a 2005 crossfire inferno red limited convertible for $15,500 with only 15,700 miles. The 3/36 and 7/70 warranty have both expired (3rd owner). Can I purchase a warranty from Chrysler even though both warranties are not in service.??
  • You should be able to get a warranty from chrysler,for the remaining miles 36k,and you can buy the power train warranty 7/70 also,I got that warranty on my 2004 coupe 2 years ago,if not dont worry,there is many insurance companyts that will want to insure you for full warranty,but the price is high,but the lower the mileage the better the deal. crossfire66
  • Hi, I am the excited owner of a new 2008 Crossfire Coupe in Aero blue and was wondering if there are any Crossfire car clubs around the Maryland area, or some like-minded owners who might like to get together. I love the car so far - have been attracted to them for years now and really glad I finally have one. Enjoy meeting some fellow crossfire owners. :)
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    Stelmos, the UK Crossfire Owners website is the best one......thousands of members, many smaller subgroups.........check it out.

Congrats on your new Crossfire......stick or automatic......?

What kind of deal did ya get?

Mine's an 07 6spd Machine Grey Crystal Pearl Limited......love it, ave over 25 mpg.
  • Here's the deal - a brand new 2007 base coupe with sticker price near 31000 for just 17000. I test drove the car today, but I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. There didn't seem to be a cupholder in sight. My first sports car was a 1974 Triumph Spitfire, and that didn't have a cupholder, but now - I think I need one. Otherwise, the car handled like my old Spitfire, and moved quite a bit quicker! Does the 3 year 36000 mile warranty include loaner car? Should I buy it for 17000, or wait for the Pontiac Solstice coupe? Thanks for all your help!
    I don't think the 3/36 includes loaners.....but, if you're the 1st owner.....you get a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty......the Solstice would have a 5/100K mile warranty.

I had a '73 Triump GT6 MkIII 4 speed......those were like Spitfires only hardtop-hatchback 2 seaters with a tiny 6 instead of the 4 that was in the Spitfires.....
    The Xfire is virtually identical to that that GT6 only 10 times better in every way!!

The Crossfire will blow away a regular Solstice.....but the GXP (turbo) Solstice will beat a regular Crossfire. I can't imagine you can get any new Solstice for anything close to $17K. I doubt you'll be able to touch a Solstice Coupe (base) for <$27K & a fully loaded Turbo <$32K......Good Luck.

My '07 Limited 6 speed had a sticker of $36K & I paid $23K.....there is a list of about 15 to 20 extra features you get on a Limited vs a Base.....& those extras just might make you want want to keep it forever!! Either way, $17 K for a base coupe is a fantastic deal!!!

I ave 25-26 mpg in my 6 speed & could easily get 27-28 if I could control myself...but I can't.
    Car & Driver Test Results
    NA 6 spd XFire vs NA 5 spd Solstice

0-60 6.4 7.2
    0-100 16.1 22.2
    0-110 19.8 31.6
    0-130 32.2 Won't do it
    top speed 151 123
    1/4 mile 14.8 @ 96 15.8 @ 87
  • Hi smogdunq...thanks for responding, even though I am late at getting the message.
    I got a 2008 Aero Blue Coupe LTD, grey inter, auto, and yes it was a good deal. Sticker was $39,800 and Len Stoler Westminster was offering $14,000.00 off...so I was happy. Love the car so far - the more I drive it the more I like it. I am a 6' guy so about another 8" in leg room would be ideal, but it's not bad. I get a LOT of compliments on the color-which is a real change for me who has always had black/white/silver cars.
    Thanks for the heads up on the club...I'll check them out. Mileage has been better than my Vovlo C70 Convert so I am pleased :)
  • Has anyone replaced the factory radio with after market unit. I would like to install a radio with DVD player built-in. Does anyone have any idea as to how to remove the access panel to install a new the radio. Please descript in detail. Love my Crossfire coupe SRT6, 330HP. Warping speed when I needed.

Thanks,
    Saw regular 87 octane for $2.33 (with ETOH) today, BP pure (no ETOH) 92 octane still $2.75....+ 5% discount (makes it $2.61) with BP credit card. Sounds cheap!

So I went out & drove the hell out of the XFIRE for about an hour today, just for [non-permissible content removed] & giggles!!!!
  • fasrnufasrnu Posts: 1
    I've recently purchased my crossfire and I'm enjoying driving to work again! Want to go somewhere, anywhere, I'm first to volunteer to drive. My girlfriends are envious and looking to buy as well. Have come across a problem with the electrical though. Left signal light has quit working after I moved the car with the hazards on. The bulb is fine, but doesn't flash.The rear flashes but very fast. We cleaned the contacts within the light unit, but that didn't help. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions before I take the light assembly out to check it??? Love my new ride!!!
  • Hello to all. I'm a proud owner of a 2007 XFire Coupe Limited 6Speed. I've driven PT Cruisers since Sept. '01. My last PT was a Turbo 5Speed Dream Cruiser III. I came across the XFire on an internet hunt in Purcell,OK. Drove down Monday morning and took a test drive. WOW, what a car. I think I scared the salesman when we were on a back road and got on it for a quick trip up the gears, hehehe! Brought her home that afternoon. I can't wait to give a good detail and a wax. Will keep in touch, Later. :D
    Don't ya just love doing that to salesmen.

3 valves/cylinder, 2 spark plugs/cylinder, 8.5 quarts Mobil-1.....

Hint, watch your tread wear closely, if it looks uneven....the alignment is only warranted for the first 12 months or 12K miles.....whichever comes first!!
  • Congratulations! I have put 12,000 miles on my '06 roadster without a single problem. My problem is that I only want to drive it when it looks perfect, so I've lost count of how many times I've detailed/waxed it. I would have loved this car even if I had bought at full price, but I was one of the early buyers (over a year and a half ago) to buy a new one with the deep discounts. That price makes it even more enjoyable and takes away any guilt for buying something I didn't need! Change the oil before it's due and watch tire wear, otherwise simply enjoy and smile a lot. I find that these cars are still rather rare and very often I get asked..."what is that?" It's great to drive a car that you love and it gets a lot of attention also.