Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• I have been on this site for 2 years and live in Royal Oak. I have been experiencing the cruise for the last week or so on my home from work. It is a blast for sure!! I love my crossfire - the way it drives, the way it looks, everything except the cup holder. My husband & I take it up to the upper penisula as often as we can - love to open it up without fear of the phuzz!!

My address is patterson2004@wowway.com.

Summeronly
  • rpmsrt6rpmsrt6 Posts: 2
    Hello all, new to this site, but not new to the Crossfire. We do have a forum dedicated solely to the Crossfire and owners - www.CrossfireForum.org. We also have a club - the Chrysler Crossfire International Club - XFi.
    There were about 20 of us at the 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend.

We are getting ready to plan another Michigan get together before summer's end. Feel free to contact me at RPMSRT6@charter.net. :shades:
  • rpmsrt6rpmsrt6 Posts: 2
    Hello all, new to this site, but not new to the Crossfire. We do have a forum and club (Chrysler Crossfire International Club - XFi) dedicated solely to the Crossfire and owners (can't post the link here though).

There were about 20 of us at the 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend.

We are getting ready to plan another Michigan get together before summer's end. Feel free to contact me at RPMSRT6@charter.net. :shades:
  • Hey, crossfire fans,add me to the list. Purchased a 2004 last March with 21000km on it and the more I drive the more I like. I live just a few kms north of Calgary,Alberta,Canada. and was hoping someone would know of a xfire club close by (western canada)Also, I'm going to need new rear tires by next spring (no spare does nag at me)and it has the conti's,are they the way to go? thanks joescrossfire
  • Does anyone know where to find a deadpedal for the Crossfire?

The lack of a useful deadpedal is the only gripe I have about this terrific car. Really would appreciate knowing, if somebody out there knows where to find one....
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    Try contacting your local Dodge dealer parts dept, I know there is a dead pedal that was part of the Dodge Daytona ES as I had one and ordered another one for a later car model I bought. If it is not available suggest you contact a wrecking yard.
  • Thanks for the tip! I'll give the local Dodge dealer a call.
  • I thought there were no '07 Crossfires in the U.S. Today I saw an "'07 Crossfire" listed on e-bay. I contacted the seller and was assured it was an '07. The seller is a Chryler Dealer and refered me to their website where they show over a dozen '07 Crossfires (that's what is on the window sticker). Anyone have a clue to what's going on? Chrysler told me today there are no '07 Crossfires.
  • There is no dead pedal made for the Crossfire, Chrysler or Dodge will not have one specifically for our cars. Most of us have used the Mercedes Benz AMG dead pedal, you can get one from any MB dealer and will run you about $80.00.
  • Most dealers do not have a clue, there are 2007 Crossfires on dealers lots and possibly 2008's depending on Karmanns output and the recent sale of Chrysler to Cerebus. The only Crossfire that is out of production is the SRT6, 2005 was the last model year.
  • Also, most of the Crossfires labeled as 2206 and beyond are basically leftovers that didn't sell originally that were sitting around in Michigan. Some received new paint jobs, hence the new colors, but other than that, they really didn't make any changes.
  • I have a new 2005 Crossfire Limited Covertible for sale. I do not have the time to really enjoy it. If anyone is interested please email me at: Starbase2002@yahoo.com
    Mileage on the car is below 3500 miles as of 9/20/2007. The car is always been garage and has sheep skin cover to protect the seats on driver/passenger side, it also has Chrysler Bra for the front of the car. The car is like new, condition, I baby the car very well, and come from a non smoking family.
  • My bad. That should read 2006.
  • Just bought a SRT-6 Roadster and it is GREAT. I have had cars from a 1966 GTO to a 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T to a 1979 Corvette but this one is a keeper. I will drive it ONLY on sunny days. This car had 4,000 when I bought it and has never seen rain. Bought a cockpit cover off ebay to cover the rag top when it is up and all the windows. This is a great cover to have to protect your top and interior from the elements and UV rays. There is a Crossfire International Club also. Good luck to all Crossfire owners.
  • I have read many ideas about oil changes. You definetley need to use Mobil 1 0w-40w OR 5w-40W synthetic oil. Also make sure you use a FLEECE oil filter as is the original filter. Fleece oil filters are designed for synthetic oil and for the Crossfires. Don't use cheap paper filters. I just paid 18.00 for a MB fleece filter from a MB dealer. I bought 3 of them. Don't scimp when it comes to your Crossfires blood. Hope this helps.
  • All of my oil changes are performed at the dealer at no charge (worked it out in the deal at purchase time). I just don't trust some places around town to do it right.
  • 2007 Crossfires are only sold in Europe and Canada.
    None in the US - and doesn't look like there will be any more. Rumor has it that production will cease January 2008.
  • That's what I thought, but WRONG. A dealer in Minnesota is advertising '07 Crossfires on e-bay and shows them on their website. I called the dealer and they actually sent me a window sticker that shows 2007. I contacted Chrysler and was told there are no '07's, but when I asked Chrysler why they are allowing a dealer to misrepresent their products, Chrysler changed their answer. They now say there are '07's and there will be '08's.
  • I was at my dealers this morning and they had 1 07 roadsater, i checked the vin # it was an 07.
  • There are 2006 and 2007 Crossfires being sold here in the States, 2008 is doubtful.