Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Posts: 66
    So you have to pull over to the side of the road, open the hatch, grab a beverage, sip it, put it back in the cooler and continue driving? OR do you trust the X-Fire cupholder to hold your nice frosty beverage upright when you're driving this fine German auto as it should be driven?

I would tend to agree with the others....this cupholder is a poor design and if you're in such a fine auto to begin with, don't drink a beverage nor smoke in it, not matter what country your vehicle is made in. Otherwise, get something, anything, that would be better suited to its' task.
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    We're getting off-track here -- can we get back to the car?

Claire

HOST

• srushingsrushing Posts: 37
    Hey you Crossfire owners,

I'm wondering if my golf clubs will fit in the trunk space of the Crossfire convertible with or without the top down? Will 2 bags? I'm not talking the huge cart bags, just asmall stand bag.

Thanks
  • xfirebobxfirebob Posts: 1
    hi i just bought my 2007 crossfire monday.i saw my dealer had a few discounted between 12-14 thousand dollars in the paper so i stopped down and they actually gave me a good trade in on my truck so it turned into an offer i couldnt refuse.a 37000 + msrp for 24000 and top dollar for my trade yeah i took it right then and there. only put 100 miles on so far but im loving it great fit and finish excellent handling and ride jus t cant wait till summer to drop the top.
  • :sick: Well my 05 had some issues on my trip to Florida. It needs the cat. Converters replaced along with the enging cooling fans. It seems exhaust parts are not available as well as cooling fans. I paid over $400 to haul car home and it still is at dealer for same repair. Chrysler has done nothing to help resolve parts problem or why I paid to transport car . The Chrysler dealer and his N.E Pa. Rep were the only help I got while 1300 mi. from home. I am starting to think purchasing a car that sat for 2 years was not a good idea and Chrysler does not care anything about its customers.
  • Here's what I do: because my trunk has my horse stuff in it I just put the clubs in the passenger seat and smack a hat over the driver and go in the car pool lane.
  • I've got an 05 Crossfire convertible. It got broken into a month ago :( and among other things the knob to move the outside mirrors disappeared. I have looked online and can't find one anywhere and Chrysler says they can't find one in their parts bin, does anyone know where I could get one of those? And what the actual part is called if i need to know that as well.
    Thanks for any help.
    ?? :confuse: ??
  • tooshaytooshay Posts: 13
    Hi Folks,

I am delighted to say that I have recently become a proud member of the Crossfire family. I do wish to pose a question to this forum as I have read most of your postings from 2003 to the present and I feel confident that your knowledge and expertise will point me in the right direction. Here is my situation. I have a 2007 roadster, automatic and frequently when I try to start the engine, the key will not rotate in the cylinder. The first time this happened, I jiggled the steering wheel and the key remained stuck. Then I called the dealership and spoke with a mechanic who suggested that I give the end of the key a solid whack. I told him I was not driving my PT, rather the Crossfire and I felt that whacking the key may damage it. He agreed that striking the key is not a good idea. He mentioned giggling the steering wheel, which I did again and still nothing. I did note that while I was on the phone with him, the locking/security mechanism seemed to be engaging and disengaging as indicated by a clicking sound and flashing red light on the dash. The mechanic suggested that I press the brake pedal and whatever seemed to be locking the key released its grip and the car started. Sadly, this has become a daily event for me. I end up wiggling the steering wheel and pressing the brake pedal to start the car. I have not noticed the locking/security mechanism clicking on and off since my first experience. In addition, there does not seem to be a connection with the car being hot or cold. I spoke with the dealership today and mentioned that I am not panicking at this stage; rather I am monitoring the occurrences, but I won’t hesitate taking it in for exploration. Please note that I have experienced the same results in using both of the keys that have come with the car. The thought crossed my mind that perhaps the undercoating application, that was applied just before I took possession of the car, may be interfering, but I am by far knowledgeable about cars in general. Is this a problem that others may have experienced? Does it sound like a sensor/computer issue? All recommendations and guidance is greatly appreciated!!!

With sincere appreciation,
    Cheryl
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    Cheryl, mine's a 6 speed & when the key doesn't instantly turn....I have to push it in a little harder.....straight in......
    Good Morning Smogdung!!!

Thank you for your suggestion!!! I will give that a whirl the next time I experience difficulties. I am hoping it is nothing major and since I am getting used to the car in general, it may very well be “me” that is the issue.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to provide such valuable guidance!!! Greatly appreciated!!!!

Cheryl
  • henry125henry125 Posts: 18
    Try looking into Mercedes-Benz SLK 320. The parts should be the same. Good luck.
  • Hi Tooshay, I have an 05 Roadster and had the same issue when I bought it. It apparently is part of their security mechanism. The issue dissappeared for a year after i got the car 'broken in'. It then resurfaced about 3 months ago and it got so bad that i spend 5 minutes jiggling the key around. I had to get new wiring put in for my whole starter. It was under warranty and I'd recommend that if it starts doing it now, you get them to replace the wiring while it's under warranty and before you're in a rush trying to get somewhere. Once they changed the wiring, my car works like a charm. This has been the only problem I've had with the car in it's 3 years with me. It's still my daily driver and I love it, I'm not too sure what caused the problem, but if you can replicate it at the dealership then get them to fix it.
    I hope this helps.
    Later
    Good Morning Crossfireboy,

I am delighted that I stumbled across this discussion board as you folks are a fabulous resource!!! I will most definitively bear your recommendation in mind!!! If turning the key continues to be a problem during the next week or so (as I don’t want to belabor this concern), I will make an appointment with the dealership. I am better equipped to explain the potential problem based on your experience and for that I am truly grateful.

I am so pleased to hear that you have experienced relatively carefree driving of your Crossfire for the last 3 years – that is wonderful!!! I bought my Crossfire from a different dealership than I bought my PT for a valid reason. In fact, I was not sure I wanted to purchase another Dodge/Chrysler product after my frustrations with the other dealership. Thanks to my best friend, he stated that nothing was wrong with my PT, it was the dealership that was the issue (he told me that for years and years). I have to say that I feel confident with the new dealership, whom I will have service both cars now, has provided nothing but top notch service from the get-go. I anticipate their full support with the ignition issue. I will keep you posted with my progress. BTW - I simply love the Crossfire!!!

Thank you once again Crossfireboy, your voice has been greatly appreciated!!!
    Cheryl
    Hi Crossfireboy,

I just twigged that you are the poor chap whose Crossfire was broken into. I want to express my sadness and wish you the best of luck locating the mirror button. I can’t seem to get my head around why folks feel entitled to touch other’s property, let alone damage it. What a violation!!!

Cheryl
  • wnapwnap Posts: 1
    I went over a set of railroad tracks last Sunday and had a blow out on my 2005 Crossfire Coupe Convertible.
    I bought a new set for just under $1000 - the dealer said he gave me a deal.
    I don't known if that is true or not, but I do like the new look of my meaty tires. I have 24,000 miles on the old ones.
    My wife talked me into getting this car - it's the best advise I ever took from her. The car is a dream - I love to drive it with the top down and the 6-speed humming.
  • smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    Mine's an '07 6 speed Limited...........SERIOUS FUN !!!!!!! (& ave 26.54 mpg!!)
  • henry125henry125 Posts: 18
    I know, had a crossfire limited Covertible before and I had a lot of fun with it. But, I'm in need for more speed..... and I traded in for a SRT6 with only 6500 miles and now, I really enjoying driving it. 0 to 60mph less than 5 seconds. Wow.......I have two hands on the steering wheel most of the time and it is smooth between gears. Love it!
    Hi Folks,

I wanted to provide an update about my problem with the ignition locking upon starting the car. Smogdung suggested that I push the key more solidly into the ignition, so I gave that a try and I am not sure if I have made a conscious effort to do that more consistently, but I have had no further troubles. I will continue to monitor it and as Crossfireboy suggested, I will try to replicate the issue at the dealership and have them repair it. I appreciate everyone’s support and I enjoy reading how much others’ adore their Crossfire’s. I can honestly say that I have never had so much pleasure from any other vehicle I’ve owned. I have a 2007 limited roadster and my, oh my I love it!!!

Cheryl