Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire

Comments

• smogdungsmogdung Posts: 349
    I live in the Kansas City area and had been buying my gasoline on the Mo. side for several years because it was always 10 cents cheaper there due to higher Kansas taxes. Starting about a year ago I noticed our cars were getting fewer mpg. Seemed like as much as 3-4 mpg fewer. I found out recently all Mo. gas is now 10% ETOH & they don't have to tell you on the pump.......switched to Kansas gas......wow.....getting much better mileage now.....Crossfire went from 23.2 mpg to 27.1mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's worth the extra 10 cents for real gas!!! Since the switch I've driven 575 miles on 21.2 gal. =27.1 mpg. I'm convinced top horsepower is improved too!
  • Hi, I'm new here and may be out of line, but I have a site for you to check out on new tires for any vehicle. www.tirerack.com I bought my michelins there and paid $735 plus $35 shipping for summer tires and they were delivered to our regular tire shop. Keep this in mind for the future. They also have Goodyears and many other xfire tires that are even more reasonable.
  • Hi, I live near Topeka and have an unrelated question for you. I am looking for a Crossfire club in our area. Any suggestions? And thanks for the heads up on Mo. gas!
  • Check out www.tirerack.com for many different brands of z tires for xfires. That includes Goodyear and also warranties. hope it helps. It helped me on my tires. I went michelin summer.
  • tooshaytooshay Posts: 13
    Good Evening Smogdung,

I live in Ontario and I am wondering how I may discover what gas stations have the 10% etho mixture you've noted? This is the first I have heard of it and I am perplexed as to why stations don’t have to disclose this ingredient? Additionally, if mileage is significantly compromised with a 10% mixture, I am rather concerned as to how that translates when ethanol becomes commonplace?

Something to ponder,
    Cheryl
    All I know is in Mo. it's mandated & they don't have to disclose that ETOH is in the mix...or what % is in there......

Kansasxfire...best bet is to get on the UK Crossfire Owners Forum.....best one I've found......about a 1000 active members.......regional groups on that forum also.
    Thanks for the update Smogdung - very interesting! I spoke with a colleague today and they indicated that the pumps in our area (London, Ontario) do indicate that the gas may contain 10% etho. I shall be sure to be more observant when filling up.

Cheers,
    Cheryl
    Warning, if your Crossfire is "garage art" & you store it for the winter....plug up the tailpipes & air intake......a guy in Ohio had his at the dealership for 5 weeks before a technician figured out his muffler was full of dog food.....mice took up residence while it was stored for the winter.
    With sincere appreciation Smogdung!!!

Those mice sure are creative little creatures!!!! I do plan on winterizing my Crossfire as our winters' can be pretty harsh here in south western Ontario.

Thanks for all your helpful tips!!!!
    Cheryl
  • trautrau Posts: 1
    did you ever get a response? I'm considering purchasing a 2005 convertible.
  • buddy146buddy146 Posts: 2
    Do you know if the core of the two engines SRT and Base are the same 3.2L?
  • mimacmimac Posts: 8
    Anyone using regular instead of premium gas? If so, how is it working out? When I do long trips I burn regular in my Acura with no apparent problems. I plan to take my 05' Roadster on a 1600 mile mostly freeway trip and it would be nice to save that $.25 per gallon.
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Posts: 66
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the engines are only the same on the Base and the Limited. The SRT engine I believe is based off of the last generation Mercedes SLK AMG if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, the engines are like apples and oranges.
  • buddy146buddy146 Posts: 2
    The E32 AMG is a special version of the 3.2 L (3199 cc) E32. Anyone know what's special about it other than the supercharger?
  • vprosservprosser Posts: 9
    can anyone tell me where i can get a supercharger for my crossfire that will make it comparable to the srt 6?
  • vprosservprosser Posts: 9
    MO gas pumps have stated that it is 10% ethonol for at least 10 years. all gas is now 10% ethonol
  • henry125henry125 Posts: 18
    I traded in my 2005 crossfire limited convertible with less than 4500 miles for a SRT6 coupe and I've loved every bit of it. You may want to look into it, there is a few out there for a good price.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,918
    It may have up to 10% ethanol... There is no way to know exactly... Could be less.. It's the same way in KY...

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

VPROSSER, you do mean "all gas in MO." right? Not all gas in USA???
  • ssuedessuede Posts: 4
    Each cylinder in the E32 AMG has 3 valves and 2 spark plugs. And then of course is the supercharger. I have an SRT and it's amazing the torque you get out of that 3.2L V6! :D