Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Canada Access Pricing

1234568»

Comments

• grandtotalgrandtotal Posts: 1,207
    Access Pricing is still on Toyota Canada's website.
  • especially if they're technologically challenged like myself. You can find the article on the Globe website if you search toyota under the business section. I'd post the link myself but there's that technological challenged thing again....
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here is a link to the article for those of you who are interested: Toyota Kills No-Haggle Sales Price Strategy.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shoppers Message Board
  • grandtotalgrandtotal Posts: 1,207
    Well, Edmunds makes it pretty easy for you. Simply browse to the page you want to paste a link for, copy the address of that page from the browser's address bar (that is mark the address and then press Control and C) and then paste the address into your message like this http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?viewUserProfile!vuserName=w- easelinsuit Edmunds takes care of all the HTML that you need.
  • I just bought a New Hyundai in Bangor Maine. I did almost everything over the phone. THe salesperson told me they are selling a ton of cars to canadians right now. I have to go with the Hyundai because you cant buy a Toyota easy. But after doing my research I think they Hyundai is a better deal. With the Toyota your paying a lot for the name. THE Hyundai I bought has a better warranty, more options and was thousands cheeper. I would highly recommend a Hyundai and shppinging in Maine. The border was easy and I save thousands. My friend is buying a Subaru from the same dealer this weekend. But she's going to look at a Hyundai also.

Kam
  • mchuimchui Posts: 2
    Access pricing was made because of people like you.
  • petlpetl Posts: 610
    Your reply not only doesn't make any sense, it's 4 years too late. Access Pricing was dropped because it was stupid and unlawful. A Manufacturer cannot negotiate a price (off MSRP) for the consumer. I'm happy Toyota was sued over the issue. That's why it no longer exist.
  • mchuimchui Posts: 2
    I think you should do more research before you reply! If you have done some research, you will know that trying to buy a toyota lower than MSRP in other province is still not possible today and people are still buying and makes toyota #1 manufacture in the North America. Yes you r right about the access pricing is no longer exist but people are still enjoying the process of buying a toyota with no haggle no hassel procedure. It does not exist in ontario doesn't mean that does not exist anywhere! I think you should get out of your cave and see the world a little more.
  • petlpetl Posts: 610
    I'll repeat. You had replied to a post that was posted in 2004. This is a dead issue. Open the link in post number 148 (posted by the Host). If people want to buy a Toyota vehicle without haggling or hassle, that is their choice. MSRP is not Access Pricing. If a dealer does not wish to negotiate, try another. Keep in mind, the profit margin for some vehicles is not high. Also, it may be difficult to negotiate for newer and/or popular models. Supply and demand will dictate how much a Dealer is willing to move on the MSRP.

Good Luck, from outside the cave, in the real world.
  • fluviofluvio Posts: 2
    Hi,

I just got a quote for a toyota 09 sienna CE 7-seat (all basic+freight) for 27500+GST and wonder if any1 has recently negotiated a deal on this vehicle and could share their purchase prices and experiences? It was very naive of me that we didn't even talk about mats, security, DRL and block heater at the time, I just foolishly thought they would come with the car in Canada. Any thoughts?? We live in Edmonton, Alberta. Tnx

Jon
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.