Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest 2004+

inta211inta211 Posts: 1
If anyone has more info about this van. This is the place for that.

Comments

• eyeblindeyeblind Posts: 156
    An article in Friday's USA Today car section (on line edition) discusses one of the issues the two hundred technicians sent to the Quest, Titan & Armada manufacturing plant found. There were complaints of paint chips and scratches on vehicles coming from the factory. They found employees working in the paint side of production not taking off their watches and jewelry while working. This appears to be the cause of the problem. They now have to remove all jewelry and watches.
  • Have anyone seen this minivan on the road. Or a spy photo that we can look at. I am holding off on buying the Nissan Quest because I heard about the new designed the Nissan is coming out. What is the ballpark figure on this baby 'coz I will definitely buy this van if they retain the style especially the roof with glass in it.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,013
    Only photos I've seen are similar to the ones in our Future Vehicles section (I've added the link to the Helpful Links box on the left).

Don't know about pricing, and a lot can change between concept and execution.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I am also interested in the new Quest 2004. I love the styling of the van, and hope they do retain quite a bit from the concept. From all that I have read (a lot from the various auto shows), the price will be around $25k. I think that if the vehicle is too radical, it will turn people off, but just enough change and I bet people (like myself, a soon-to-be father) will flock to it. Just my 2 cents.
    Mike
  • bkeigbkeig Posts: 1
    Are they still going with the sliding rear seats on a track concept? Or the common folks that are removable levers.
    I like my tracks and use them pretty often, esp. since I tossed the middle bench. I bet the new Quest goes to a magic seat since everyone else is.

What I really want is a shorter Quest/taller wagon with a magic second seat in the middle, and a big flat empty in the back.

Steve
    Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• lok888lok888 Posts: 1,750
    Is this a prototype or production car? It looks cool.
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,750
    Watch out Honda!
    It's the concept - expect a few changes between now and release.

Steve
    Host

• Car looks great but has anybody out there priced 20 inch tires. I would love to get one but not for $800 every 50-70,000 miles for new feet. I wrote Nissan a letter concerning this and received no response. They either don't care about cost or their minds are made up and I think the tires/wheels will be a big mistake.
    Keep em on the road!!
  • bzielke-

Nissan has really gone bonkers recently with huge wheel sizes. First they made 17" wheels available on the Sentra, Altima, and Maxima. That's not too unreasonable, but it's getting up there. Then, they trumped that with 18" offerings on the Infiniti M45 and Q45. Now, it is rumored that the upcoming Infiniti FX45 will have standard 20" wheels. We don't need to go back to the '80s and put 13" wheels on everything, but there has to be a happy medium here, and 20" isn't it.

-Andrew L
  • dhoffdhoff Posts: 282
    I would be shocked if the new van has 20" wheels when it comes out. On the concept vehicle, sure. I'm guessing 17" maximum on the actual vehicle. And even that might be pushing it, if they want to put an all-season tire on it (which would make sense on a minivan). I don't think there are any all season tires available in 17" sizes yet, just performance tires.

Dave
  • dplachtadplachta Posts: 109
    Anyone know the expected size of the new Quest? What were the dimensions of the concept van?

I wonder if it will be like the MPV/Sedona or more like the Odyssey/GC.
    Think BIG - every other manufacturer seems to be jumping on that bandwagon.

Steve, Host

• rtfirtfi Posts: 14
    Nissan has already started trial production at the new Mississippi plant, getting ready to begin building the Quest in May.

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0210/26/b01.html

• dhoffdhoff Posts: 282
    Pictures... I want to see pictures.

Anybody see any on the net somewhere? All I've seen so far is the concept vehicle.

Dave
    heh, I know where some Photoshop ones likely are :-)

Steve, Host

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I think the quest should be a little bit smaller for families who jumped into an Odyssey and want a second but smaller van.
  • rtfirtfi Posts: 14
    Autonews.com reported the following:

"It is larger than the current Quest, roughly the size of a Chrysler Town and Country minivan."

Also:

"The exterior design of the concept is "very close" to the production version."

http://www.autonews.com/files/2002stories/quest114.htm

• I am hoping Nissan will show this in the Philadelphia Auto Show in January. I am looking for a van and those on the market now don't do it for me. I don't need the huge Honda van. Something smaller with Navaigation System is my need. Hopefully the price stays under 30K.