Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• reg914reg914 Posts: 1
    Where can I find this information? I just took my Quest in today with 62,000 miles on it and they said they only honor up to 60,000.
  • I have an 06 Nissan Quest that has the Michelin Pax wheel/tire system. I am looking at replacing with non Nissan rims/tires, due to the replacement cost & hassel of fixing a damaged Pax tire when out of town. Does anyone have any info on what wheels & tires seem to work well as a replacement. Also if I don't replace the TPMS will the warning light or buzzer stay on, or can I have that bypassed. Any info would be appreciated.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,663
    I don't have any info on the PAX tires...but we did replace our GoodYear Eagle LS2's with Yokohama AVID TRZ's (much...much better in every way) and we didn't have any problems with the TPMS or any additional costs to 'hook' it up to the new tires.

It works the same as before.
  • calvin1962calvin1962 Posts: 34
    I bought a setof Alloy wheels off od a 2000 Dodge Avenger To mount snows on my 04 Quest SL. I was concerned about the pressure sensors, but with none installed all you get is a **** reading. No bells, alarms, et at all.

Good Luck.
  • tjshantjshan Posts: 28
    did the dodge wheels have the same bolt pattern and offset? anyone know what other wheels fit the quest? I have been thinking of trying a set of tires and rims to fix my vibration problems...I hate the goodyears!!!
  • New Quest owner here. My last new Nissan was in 1993... it has been a while!

I am wondering which after market DVD system you have been happy with and does not have wires hanging everywhere. I believe the car is WIRED for the DVD as an option to add at the dealership, but I did not want to pay retail for 5 years on the Panasonic one.

Any experiences you can share :confuse:

Thank you!
  • I have the beige carpet and need to know what has worked to cover the carpet in the rear cargo well. I have seen the OEM black vinyl sheet, but that does not look very attractive.

In my Honda, I had a black tray lining at the bottom for spills and it came out easily to dump out or clean.

Any suggestions?
  • Are you still getting the VDC off/ Brake light warning lights or has it been fixed? I just started experiencing the same problem in my 2004 Quest(also just out of warranty) and was wondering if you knew what the solution was.
    It hasn't been fixed...but I know what the problem is.

My brake pads wearing out evenly so the brake fluid is a little lower than normal...this is what the "guy" told me when they inspected them.

I think I'm at about 15% front and back.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    Any Audio/Visual store should be able to install a DVD unit and conceal the wires. Places like Best Buy, Circuit City can do it.
    So is he saying the low brake fluid is causing the lights to come on? If bringing the brake level to normal doesn't work, you may want look at the wheel ABS sensors.
  • Thanks for the info. I did add brake fluid (it was a little low) but didn't seem to improve the warning lights but I am definitely due on brakes, so hopefully that will take care of it.
  • I am having the same issue with timing chain on my 2004 quest. Did nissan really up powertrain to 100,000 miles.
  • Looking for a good solution (in-dash preferable) for a combination Nav GPS and backup rear camera.

Does anyone have any examples of what has actually worked in practice? When I went to CarToys, they said nothing would work in-dash... Crutchfield shows a couple options, but not many. CarToys also said that I would lose functionality of the trip computer if I replaced the standard in-dash radio.
    Best thing to do is talk to your dealer and find out what electronic shop they use to install elctronic equipment. Every dealer has a shop they deal with to install radios, DVD, etc. They may have solution for you. Plus they will be familar with the workings of Quests.
  • majjmajj Posts: 17
    Hello people its me again! I was wondering if there is anybody else out here with
    water in the trunk? I always thougth it was my kids fault untill we pulled the back bench up and found it with MOLD. :( HELP i'm tired of a :sick: rguing with nissan.
    this has been the WORST car we have.
    We had water due to the rear side fold out windows being open in the rain...I think the kids may have manually pushed the windows out...

I don't *think* we had mold...
  • majjmajj Posts: 17
    that is not may case, all windows are close and the water is in the cargo driver side. and when it rains all I get is a poddle of water in the floor.
    There may or may not be a TSB on this but I remember folks were having trouble with this in the early 2004 models. If I remember right, the seal along the rear hatch failed. Check the gasket the top of the rear hatch. You can probably use a clear silicone sealant designed to adhere to metal to fix it.
  • 93lt193lt1 Posts: 2
    Hello
    I've recently encountered a well known audio problem with the 2004+ Clarion audio unit in my Nissan Quest. There's a TSB in which the audio unit just stops functioning. (No sound what so ever from the Radio, DVD and CD units) Apparently this feature is caused by starting the Van. A lovely feature to say the least. Any way I have 51,200 miles on my van which means it's out of warranty and now the dealer is requesting over $1,200.00 to repair it.

I would like to know who else has encountered this issue. Please reply back. I want to begin the process of a class action lawsuit. I believe Nissan/Clarion should issue a recall to fix this obvious problem.

Its extremely frustrating paying a very high price for a vehicle and the dealer requesting over $1,200.00 to repair a defective unit that was not caused by the driver what so ever. I'm being penalized for turning on the radio.

This is completely unacceptable and it's time we join forces to minimizes these practices to the consumer.

You can check this issue by going to:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/
    The Service Bulletin is 04078 and the NHTSA Item Number is 10009555
    You can also file a complaint.

So once again, please help this cause by replying to this message if you've encountered this issue. It doesn't matter if the issue was repaired or not.
    Please specify the year of the Nissan Quest.
    Thank You
    Hank