Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• ... but the '04 Quest isn't one of them
  • Weathertech has developed these for 2004 Quests & can be purchased through MacNeil Automotive. I put these on and they work well and look good!! Also have several other items for the 2004 Quest also.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=&amp- ;amp- ;make_id=38&year_no=2004&veh_id=510&veh_opt_choice_id- - =0
  • deepandeepan Posts: 342
    the sienna's audio control are lit but cruise is not.
  • See my post #967 re side window delectors from Weathertech. Manufactured in Germany by same company who makes them to fit Mercedes,BMWs,etc.
    I also have the front hood defector that was mfd. in Australia. Got it from Courtesy Nissan in TX;however they now say they are no longer available due to shipping problems with damage.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&a- mp;Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=999D5-V4204
  • raul4raul4 Posts: 95
    Have you taken a look at the January auto sales. Nissan the biggest gainer across the board - up 27.5%.
    The following web site for those January auto sales. It looks like Nissan even beat Toyota.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4147619/
  • quest4me - it sounds like you got the weathertech window deflectors. I didn't get those yet because I had couple of questions. 1) how sturdy are they since they are mounted inside the window tracks versus the typical outside stick-on ones? 2) Is it a solid fit or does it move around if the window is open? 3) How does the tint look since their website state that it's a light tint versus Ventshades darker tint? Or is it much lighter than the Nissan hood deflector's tint? Thanks!
  • 1)Very Sturdy and do not move. 2)Solid fit once installed and seated with windows in full up position(these are manufactured by Euro company who makes fitted window visors for all high $ vehicles. Have stick-ons on my SUV and like these much better! 3)They are lighter than the than the hood deflector but I like them better than the darker because they look like part of the window glass itself and not like an obtrusive add-on.
    There is a installation video on the site that explains a lot re installation of the product.
  • Thanks for the reply!! I am more confident in getting it.
  • I just brought my car in for the second radio failure (they replaced the unit at 225 miles). I am told that the problem stems from a voltage issue when starting the unit.

Two suggestions from Nissan
    1) Start the car slower; this would serve no purpose

2) Await a TSB due in "4-6 weeks" no time frame is specified. Nissan is faulting the design of the Clariion single-cd in dash unit. I am told this TSB will recommend switching the existing unit for a newly available unit. I would say that this qualifies the problem as widespread.

How have you folks dealt with this issue?
    Very interesting article. Perhaps it would be well for Erin Riches, Edmonds.com editor to read this article.
  • I really like this van for a lot of the value it delivers and it trumps the domestic competition hands down, even 2005 DC in many aspects, which I viewed today (hit the lots locally on 2/12/04). The Quest 3.5S with standard side curtain air bags (nobody else does it), leg room, hip room, and shoulder room at top of class, CD player rather than cassette, and folding second row and third row seats is tough to beat in the $25,000 and under category.

But in the end, we could not get past the roar of the heater in the rear seats and the difficulty to get any heat, in reciculation mode or fresh air mode, in a timely manner on a cold day. Also, although it had easily best legroom out there in a minivan, we felt the extra inch of head room in the third row in the Ody will come in handy as our kids hit 6 feet and higher.

This Quest van will sell well, but for $2000 less than sticker and long term good resale value, 2004 Honda Ody, even with its dated design and some tranny issues, was the one for us.
  • I guess it depends on what part of the country that you live in. Around here (Cleveland) today's paper advertised 1.9% financing on the Quest and the local dealer has at least 10 Quests that have been on his lot for more than a month.

Unless he is over charging and that is why he can't sell these van, I can't understand why he would have so many available all of the time. I don't see them on the roads around here.

Might just be our area though.
  • Van was in the shop for two days last week.
    The heater and fan stoppped working all of sudden. I though it was a factory defect but turn out it was a sqiurrel used the fan compartment to store their winter food (acorns). The whole compartment was full of acorns and jammed the fan and busted the relay. Costed me $650 to fix the problem.
  • Forgot to add ... an email from my buddy said," - content - "
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    inventory is kept at the same level all the time. nissan's policy is this:

you sell one, you get one. we have had over a dozen constantly since august, but they change over every 45-75 days.
  • Question, can I use regular gasoline or do I really need the expensive premium gasoline? I would love to hear from you on this and other tips on the new Quest.
    Thanks,
    Jack
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    no, regular is recommended. premium wont hurt, but i wouldnt waste my money.