Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• eyeblindeyeblind Posts: 156
    An atricle in Autoweek online quoted Nissan's top designer as saying the 06 Quest will get an interior face lift. It doesn't go into detail about the face lift, but does indicate that it will make the interior "less radical." Nissan is blaming the "radical interior " as one of the main reason for the poor Quest sales #'s.
  • Has anyone heard about when the 06's will be available? Lots of auto companies' 2006 models are available now.

It looks like the Quest will be my next van, but I'm one of the "less radical" buyers and would like to see a more traditional instrument cluster and accessory control panel.
    Last year the 05's didn't start showing up, in Phoenix, till late September, early October. So, I'd imagine the 06's will be showing up about that time. It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm not sure it is going to be such an extreme face lift that they'd completely move the instrument cluster. That seems to be something they'd do with a complete redisgn. We'll see.
  • I was able to patch my iPod thew the DVD player this weekend on my 2004 SL. Just plug into the L/R RCA's on the front of the DVD player and select the DVD from the steering wheel mode switch, turn up the volume and enjoy.

I was also able to confirm, from my dealer, that for the 2004 Quest the warranty has been up graded to 6/60 from 3/30.

C Griswold
  • vpmuttavpmutta Posts: 8
    I have nissan quest SE 2004 with all options(navigation,sun roof,moon roof,cd changer etc). When I want to upgrade my navigation dvd, I contacted the dealer,he mentioned navigation dvd cost $580. Can anyone suggest where is the best place to buy navigation DVD ?

TIA
    Venkata
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Posts: 70
    Check your nav manual- the exerpt below is from the 2005 nav manual, and might not be the same.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To order updated mapping DVD-ROMs or additional
    DVD-ROMs, please contact the NISSAN
    Navigation System help desk at:
    o ADDRESS: P .O. Box 2082, Burlingame, CA
    o E-MAIL: customersupport@zenrin.com
    o WEB SITE: www.zenrin.com
    o PHONE: 1-888-661-9995
    o HOURS: 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • vq35devq35de Posts: 12
    I did not install a combo flip down system, only the screen. Check out the Myron & Davis OEM flip down screens. They install right where the factory one do. They have a 7.8" one (ANS178) available, but I opted to upgrade and go with the 9" screen(ANS190) I installed a single DIN DVD player where the factory one goes under the passenger seat...
  • billy8billy8 Posts: 11
    If you have warped rotors on your 2004-05Quest see my post on 2004 problems and solutions post# 1427
  • awangawang Posts: 1
    Hi,

I wonder if you have found where the two microfilters are for the Quest 2004. I took the glovebox off and did not see any sign of filter. Can you give me some guidence?

Andy
  • hi y'all today I saw 2 06 Quests on the Nissan lot nearby. The interior is unchanged. One of the 2 was an SE and that had a fold up tray added between the front seats but it looked kinda cheap and tacked on.

Both of the 06's were 'Special Editions', although I couldn't figure out what made them special. One was an SE and one was an S model and prices seemed about the same as the 05's.

Seeing these confirmed that there are no interior mods for 06, but it leaves me guessing to think that the '07 model with big interior revisions is in the piepline and probably coming sooner than 12 months from now. Who knows, maybe all 06's are special editions.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    Has anyone installed a bra on their Quest? I am considering a bra that just covers the hood and not the entire front end. I noticed a couple of chip marks on the hood and don' want any further damage.
    Two new features added to the 06 Quest are a rearview camara system( standard on SE, option on SL if you choose the special edition pkg) and 19" Michelin PAX System tires (option on SL & SE.)
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Bras can be a lot of trouble...difficult to remove :blush: and maintain.
    Have you considered a hood deflector?
    Rearview camera system?? Where's the display screen? I would imagine it would only come with the ones equipped with navigation?
    They have a picture of the it in the Quest picture gallery on the NissanUSA website
    Under SL Limited Edition Package they have it listed as rearview monitor and color information center 7" LCD monitor. It appears that you don't have to have NAV system to get it.
    Have you thought about a clear bra? I've had one for a year and it has been great.
  • plashenickplashenick Posts: 162
    I have the Nisan-made Bra and do not find it a big deal.

It covers just the front-end. First time took 1 hour to install as I had to change two bolts for mounting points and then had to stretch the bra (60 deg F outside).

Since then it takes about 15 minutes to put on. I have had no issues with it.
  • cirrusscirruss Posts: 87
    For those using the Bra, make sure you take it off every once in awhile and wash your front end and dry it before putting it back on. The top edge of the Bra (especially the piece for the hood), will gradually trap small dirt, grime, and sand as you drive. This after some time will act like a sand paper and dull the paint leaving a very distinct silhouette of the bra etched onto the paint. I have seen this first hand.
    Where did you get the clear bra?
    I'm open to options. I was afraid the hood deflector would change the washer fluid spray pattern when the vehicle is moving. I had one on my Explorer and liked it. I'm just trying to protect the front part of the hood. I'm not too wild about getting the bra that covers the entire front end.

Is the deflector easy to install or is it better to have a professional do it?
  • cirrusscirruss Posts: 87
    The deflector is quite easy to install, and it comes with instructions when you buy it direct from your local Nissan dealer. The install will take anywhere from 1/2 to 1 hour. Haven't noticed the deflector affecting the washer nozzle.
  • drpowerdrpower Posts: 1
    What did you pay for your ANS190? Did you install it yourself? I am looking at getting one for my '04 SE. I'd like to do it myself.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Posts: 160
    3.5 SL Special Edition Package
    • Special Edition badges
    • Power sliding rear driver-side door
    • Puddle lights
    • Rearview camera
    • Rear sonar system
    • Color Information Center 7.0" LCD monitor
    • In-dash 6-CD changer

....and about $7k less than the SE.

Also noticed that you can now get 19" wheels on the SE model. Will be interested in looking closer at these to see how they got the extra clearance. Also mentioned an organizer in the floor instead of the spare tire. Must be simlar to the Honda option.

Seems Nissan is now throwing the value into the Quest to peak sales. Good move Nissan! I was a little shocked they didn't redesign the dash due to all the talk about folks not liking the layout. But, as I've said before, we like the dash.
    I got my clear bra installed at a local auto deatil shop. It covers half the hood, the whole front bumper & the side mirrors. You can hardly tell it is there. You wash it and wax it just like paint, it doesn't dull your paint and can be removed very easily. It cost $450 dollars. I've also seen it advertized at my dealers service department.
    19" wheels and a LCD info monitor... I knew I should have waited for an '06!
  • sopecreeksopecreek Posts: 203
    and rear view camera, if the rebates continue, this is the year to buy one. For backing up, the rear sonar alone is really useful, but I'd also get the rearview camera for added safety.
  • lumbarlumbar Posts: 421
    For people intent on purchasing now, I just don't see the 06 as adding enough value to compensate for the 05 pricing, particularly on an SE, assuming $$$ are an issue. Sure there's a few nice new things on the 06s (there always are) but I'm seeing huge discounts on remaining 05's that I don't expect to be available on 06s for quite awhile. Without totally analyzing the situation, there may be enhancements to some trim levels that increase the value ratio (S "special edition"), but if you consider stability control as "must have" technology these days (I do), it appears to me that you're still locked into an SE-- or an SL with Michelin run-flats, which I have no use for at all. The LCD is IMO probably the most useful addition on the 06, but certainly not mandatory. This appears to be a pretty light "refresh," although if one can wait for pricing to get aggressive, there's certainly no reason not to.
  • That on Nissan's Canadian website, that if you estimate payments on a Quest SL that the finance payments are less then the lease payments for the same amount of time. Also, its less then financing a S by $200. Is that a glitch of the site or what. Would a dealer have to honor that price. If they did, I'd buy it without driving it. :)
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,678
    I believe that Nissan states, somewhere, that the financing info is just estimates based on assumptions.

That is why when you go to the dealer and go over the financing they say things like “your credit score is not 800, so you don’t qualify for this interest”
  • Even if they do make assumptions, how can the S cost more then the SL? I think that the estimates on the site should be, at most, $50 either more or less. Not $300 more! So, I think Nissan should check this out.