Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• ahightowerahightower TXPosts: 479
    My two cents on the updates for 2007. I like the exterior changes - new grille, tail lights, wheels, and roof rack.

The interior looks nice too. I got used to the center gauges on my 2004, didn't think they needed to be moved, and the "pod" with all the controls on it was kind of cool. Just too unconventional for most people. But the new interior looks good. The gauges and radio controls look nice.

Just a couple observations - Too bad they took away the little storage shelf built in underneath the glove box and on the driver's side as well. That was a handy place to store stuff. Also, I hope that front center console can be removed - I actually enjoyed not having one in my 2004, and in "unsafe" areas or bad weather, my wife would get herself and all three kids in through a back door, close it behind herself, then buckle them up and simply walk through to the driver's seat without having to get back out of the van again. I also like how the rear headrests now fold themselves out of the way without being removed. However, I hope they are still removable, as we always took out the ones that weren't being used to give greater visibility.

Looks like engine and transmission are unchanged, which is fine - still the best powertrain available in a minivan today.

Overall, a very good update. It addressed all the complaints, but mostly kept the same unique style. I hope it sells better now.
  • Those of us who bought the "center pod" cars weren't the target for these changes!

Shows how you have to adjust for markets. The Mini and two Scions have a central control pod, with little commentary.
  • majjmajj Posts: 17
    I toke nissan to bbb on my case, and sorry to said but nooooo.
    is like my husband said "they wont buy our van because they would have to buy all of them" that way the proff there is no lemon car
    I dont understand why you pay $130, oil change in nissan or anywhere else is $20-30
    and everything else its cover by warranty.
    I have my quest sinceit came out on fall 03 and trust me I had so many problems but more than 15 time to the service dept.and never pay a dime in fact they gave me a rental
    I thought I had problems with my quest, but you woooooo.
    I compliant about the stering, wheels, doors ratles etc.
    I got to the point of filling lemon law. I hope you did something
  • I toke nissan to bbb on my case, and sorry to said but nooooo.
    is like my husband said "they wont buy our van because they would have to buy all of them" that way the proff there is no lemon car

Sir, I just took a look at your postings and the last 10 are bashing Nissan.

Moderator, I think this is a clear case of abuse.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,669
    We were in a rush and I wanted to get the vehicle ready for Thanksgiving travel. I think they called it the first service check up…or something like that. I read the entire manual but didn’t get to the maintenance one. I “thought” the service check-up included important items that need inspection or adjustment…and we were heading on the highway loaded up with people and kids so I wanted to be on the safe side.

When I looked in the manual after the price gouging, I noticed it was a bunch of lame things…check bulbs…check antenna…inspect this or that…like I wouldn’t notice I was missing a drive shaft until the service inspection.

Funny thing is when I had an Infiniti the service manager (different dealership) openly said I didn’t need to do all the dumb little things that it was just a waste and suggested I just do oil changes.

Brain lapses cost money :sick:
  • All anyone can say is RTFM. Oil changes from the dealer are $20-30. I have mine going in for new tires this weekend (30K) and the dealer was $50 less then Goodyear/Vespia and $100 less then Sears. I have always checked the prices and find my dealer to be very accommodating and priced smartly. I am even getting a 10% break on service (Freehold Nissan).

And for those curious we did have all the same problems as everyone else and did get some financial satisfaction from the courts (not BBB) and would not trade our van.
    I’ve received a few “coupons” in the mail for oil changes from the dealer. If I trusted the dealers I’d probably use it, but I’ve sworn off Nissan dealers so next oil change I’m going elsewhere, even at a higher price.

Too bad about the dealers in my area…really like driving the van. We were just on the highway the other day and I was thinking…what a nice vehicle to travel in. Good visibility, quiet, smooth, excellent seating capacity, good cargo room, powerful for on-ramps and passing, entertainment system to keep the kids from driving me crazy.
  • Just got back from Service for car. Wound up paying $480+ tax for a set of four tires (LS2) Mounted, etc. This was nearly $200 less then Goodyear. I can honestly say that the dealership is working with its clients at that point. Had other work done as well; which they gave 10% off on parts & service
  • This is good to hear, and I'll keep the dealer in mind when ready for tires on our '04. I bought this thing because the wife loved it, :D and knowing full well about the tires, recalls, etc. So far, it's been a great little van and our dealer, Kline Nissan in Maplewood, Mn has been excellent to work with.
  • We have just experienced the brake problems many of you have complained about on our Quest '04. Had to do fronts and rears and turn rotors both at a cost of about $500 after experiencing pulsing and steering vibration almost since new. We are now at 30K miles+. Did turn the rotors on the vehicle as recommended and an immediate difference was felt. Anyone with same problems get any satisfaction from Nissan1 or any warranty coverage from the company? Dont feel we should be paying for this when the problem has been so widespread and it is a factory generated problem. any suggestions? TIA
  • Dont know if you have done your tires yet, but good friend of mine just put the Avid TRZ Yokos on his '04 Quest. Look good and sit well on vehicle. He says ride seems better than Goodyear LS2 and wear certainly cant be any worse. He got 30k out of his oem LS2s. Hope this helps if you are still shopping!
  • vpmuttavpmutta Posts: 8
    I purchased nissan quest 2004 SE in 2003.Currently avg miles per gallon is going down. currently for long drive it is giving avg 19.5 mpg. Nearly a year ago for long drive it was giving 22 mpg. Now I have 23000 miles. What do I need to improve mpg ?. Appreciate any suggestions.

TIA
    VM
    Have you checked your tire pressure?

Last year I took a 700mi trip and averaged 23.5 mpg.

This year I took the same trip and only averaged 19.5. It was a different time of year, and there were huge traffic back-logs. I checked my tire pressure while I was on the highway and it only read 32.

A couple days latter I had to make the same trip and I used a tire pressure gauge to fill my tires to 35…the onboard comp only read 34 around town. On the highway it read 37psi. My mileage was 22.1.

I think my previous 23.5 mpg was in the summer where the highway psi would go up to 39 or 40.

Also…
    I use premium.
    I reset the trip and mpg settings for each trip.
    The vehicle is loaded with about 700 lbs of people and cargo.
    Half of the trip is in hilly terrain where I don’t use the cruise because it shifts down too much.
    I usually keep the speed around 80mpg

It would be nice if the TPMS also had an auto tire inflate…think Caddy has one.
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Posts: 758
    I recently inflated our tires to 40 psi cold. On the road it reaches 44 psi. I hope this won't wear out the tires prematurly. I'm too lazy to deflate them.
    Last night I transported a gigantic sectional couch home from Costco in our van. 'course had to fold flat the middle and rear seats for the couch to fit. Had the couch been a little bit wider it wouldn't have fit. It took 3 trips to bring home all the pieces, but it saved us $100 plus delivery charge. Close to 7000 miles and so far so good. Received a recall notice for the seat folding mechanism the other day.
  • ahightowerahightower TXPosts: 479
    Lazy Aggies... What's a couple more minutes of your time to do it right? Well, a couple minutes can make all the difference in the Rose Bowl, but I digress...

:P

I believe that may cause "capping", where the tires wear prematurely in the center. Also it will ride more harshly and affect your performance in the wet. I have always gone by the recommended pressure, plus 2-3 PSI for long highway trips or heavy loads.
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    purchased nissan quest 2004 SE in 2003.Currently avg miles per gallon is going down. currently for long drive it is giving avg 19.5 mpg. Nearly a year ago for long drive it was giving 22 mpg. Now I have 23000 miles. What do I need to improve mpg ?. Appreciate any suggestions.

We have an 05 SL. We log all fuel use and I just calculated it for 15-20,000 miles and 20-25,000 miles.

For 15-20 it was 22.9. for 20-25, despite winter and having snow tires (Michelin X-Ice) average was 23.1. So our experience is opposite yours.
  • plashenickplashenick Posts: 162
    If tire pressure is good and you are not stop & go, be sure to have fuel filter checked. A clogged line will affect performance
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    One of the first things that the team did was to relocate the gauges to where they should be -- behind the steering wheel.

Yup, it's OK for a Mini or Scion, but not a minivan - even if you get a ton more space up front. Guess we can't argue with her!

The 2007 doesn't have the cargo tray across the front.
    We love the center pod! It makes a more clear view of the road. And it's different. This reviewer's (or the Quest's chief designer) obsession with celebrity really turns me off. Who cares what Angelina Jolly likes?! Everything has to been associated with a celebrity. That's so sick!
  • exploder750exploder750 Posts: 159
    I agree with the other responders, who the he#* cares what Angelina Jolie thinks? My opinion on the dash redesign? Midstream retrofit!! I will admit that the full center pod felt hokey at first, but we're used to it now.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    Who cares what Angelina Jolly likes?! Everything has to been associated with a celebrity. That's so sick!

What really turns me off are celebrities that play a role, and then consider themselves to be "experts"! You see em testifying before Congress on some issue because they made a movie etc..... Total Turnoff.

I like the new front end on the Quest!! But I have a Caravan, at least for a few more years.
    Frankly I have no clue why buyers never warmed up to the 04-06 Quest. All our friends wowed at seeing our van. Don't think they were just being polite. It's modern, safe (standard airbags, ABS, traction control), comfy, functional, and affordable. We paid $24K out the door for an S model with auto door and hatch. I think a big problem is people quit thinking on their own and rely on reviewers to tell them which car they should like.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Posts: 160
    Well, we had the Goodyear ComforTread tires put on our Quest SE. They seem like great tires and have the 80k mile wear warranty which the LS2 don't have. They seem to ride better and are quiter.

As far as handling, they seem the same but seem to let the van sway more. They also seem not to track as true on the interstate, requiring minor/slight corrections that we aren't used to. Of course they are new and the tread his higher, which could be attributed to this trait. But, for almost $50 less per tire, we are completely satisfied.

Also keep in mind that Nissan and Goodyear did NOT recommend any other replacement for the LS2 because no other tire offers the same ratings plus the 130+mph speed rating. The ComforTred does meet all ratings (load, etc.) except the speed rating. Good grief..like we are going to be doing over 118+mph on our way to Disney....hehehe
    ;)

Mark
    2004 Nissan Quest SE
  • plashenickplashenick Posts: 162
    So you are saying you plan to drive up to 118 on the way to Disney? ;)
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    "Also keep in mind that Nissan and Goodyear did NOT recommend any other replacement for the LS2 because no other tire offers the same ratings plus the 130+mph speed rating."

I think you mean the same size. there are plenty of tires that have the same load and speed ratings. What size tire did you put on?