Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest 2004+

Comments

• cirrusscirruss Posts: 87
    The deflector is quite easy to install, and it comes with instructions when you buy it direct from your local Nissan dealer. The install will take anywhere from 1/2 to 1 hour. Haven't noticed the deflector affecting the washer nozzle.
  • drpowerdrpower Posts: 1
    What did you pay for your ANS190? Did you install it yourself? I am looking at getting one for my '04 SE. I'd like to do it myself.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Posts: 160
    3.5 SL Special Edition Package
    • Special Edition badges
    • Power sliding rear driver-side door
    • Puddle lights
    • Rearview camera
    • Rear sonar system
    • Color Information Center 7.0" LCD monitor
    • In-dash 6-CD changer

....and about $7k less than the SE.

Also noticed that you can now get 19" wheels on the SE model. Will be interested in looking closer at these to see how they got the extra clearance. Also mentioned an organizer in the floor instead of the spare tire. Must be simlar to the Honda option.

Seems Nissan is now throwing the value into the Quest to peak sales. Good move Nissan! I was a little shocked they didn't redesign the dash due to all the talk about folks not liking the layout. But, as I've said before, we like the dash.
  • eyeblindeyeblind Posts: 156
    I got my clear bra installed at a local auto deatil shop. It covers half the hood, the whole front bumper & the side mirrors. You can hardly tell it is there. You wash it and wax it just like paint, it doesn't dull your paint and can be removed very easily. It cost $450 dollars. I've also seen it advertized at my dealers service department.
  • vq35devq35de Posts: 12
    19" wheels and a LCD info monitor... I knew I should have waited for an '06!
  • sopecreeksopecreek Posts: 203
    and rear view camera, if the rebates continue, this is the year to buy one. For backing up, the rear sonar alone is really useful, but I'd also get the rearview camera for added safety.
  • lumbarlumbar Posts: 421
    For people intent on purchasing now, I just don't see the 06 as adding enough value to compensate for the 05 pricing, particularly on an SE, assuming $$$ are an issue. Sure there's a few nice new things on the 06s (there always are) but I'm seeing huge discounts on remaining 05's that I don't expect to be available on 06s for quite awhile. Without totally analyzing the situation, there may be enhancements to some trim levels that increase the value ratio (S "special edition"), but if you consider stability control as "must have" technology these days (I do), it appears to me that you're still locked into an SE-- or an SL with Michelin run-flats, which I have no use for at all. The LCD is IMO probably the most useful addition on the 06, but certainly not mandatory. This appears to be a pretty light "refresh," although if one can wait for pricing to get aggressive, there's certainly no reason not to.
  • That on Nissan's Canadian website, that if you estimate payments on a Quest SL that the finance payments are less then the lease payments for the same amount of time. Also, its less then financing a S by $200. Is that a glitch of the site or what. Would a dealer have to honor that price. If they did, I'd buy it without driving it. :)
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,663
    I believe that Nissan states, somewhere, that the financing info is just estimates based on assumptions.

That is why when you go to the dealer and go over the financing they say things like “your credit score is not 800, so you don’t qualify for this interest”
  • Even if they do make assumptions, how can the S cost more then the SL? I think that the estimates on the site should be, at most, $50 either more or less. Not $300 more! So, I think Nissan should check this out.
  • Hello all,
    I bought a 2005 Quest last week and have no regrets. I looked at a ton of minivans, and it boiled down to Honda, Toyota and Nissan. I liked the style of the Nissan the best, and it seems that feature for feature it was less than the Toyota or Honda.
    In any event, I got a great deal on a 2005 since they were trying to clear those out for the 2006 models. Since I could only choose from what was on the lot, I got a 2005 S with the tow package. I had NO desire to get a tow package, but now that I have one, I've actually thought about getting a pop-up camper or something like that.
    Can anyone tell me exactly what the tow package includes? Details online are scarce. Is it just the tow-bar and ball with an electrical connection - or do they add a transmission cooler, better battery, etc.
    I've heard horror stories about transmissions overheating (not on the Quest), so if they do not add a tranny cooler, I don't want to tow anything approaching the maximum weight.
    Am I being too cautious?

Thanks for the help!
  • rrobrrob Posts: 51
    We have an '04 SE and are happy with it, but I don't like the sonar much. I parallel park a lot, and find it goes off way too soon to be really useful. I know the tone rises as you get closer to an object, and this works OK, but it's such an intrusive beep, that you can't really use it with passengers, they think the car's gonna blow ;)

That said, we just got an '06 Infiniti M with the backup camera. I'm assuming it might be the same system Nissan will put in the Quest. We LOVE the camera. It projects a path of travel and also has distance markers form the rear projected on the screen. It is very easy to parallel park or back into parking places. I think it will be really useful and glad to see Nissan adding more content to the SL.
    I assume the 04 is the same as our 05 SE...there is a switch to lower left of the steering wheel that turns off the sonar.

I think it's kinda cool (obviously not as cool as a camera...but cheaper).
  • rrobrrob Posts: 51
    Thanks - we have one also. I mostly urn it off with passengers, and leave it on when it is just me. I also use the back up sensor in shopping center parking lots. False positives are fewer there and it is helpful in detecting pedestrians.
    I actually got a scare a few days ago.

I was beginning to back out of a parking spot at Wal-Mart when the sonar had a solid tone. I looked back but saw nothing; then a moment later a small child went walking by. This small child stopped to let their parents catch up.

It was only a brief moment…and I assume the child would have walked on before I would have backed into them…I looked back and around, but saw nothing…big trucks on either side.

I always back up slowly too…just freaked me out…
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    A few years ago I boight a Fresnel lense for the back window of our cargo van. $10 at an RV shop.

With it in the back window, you can see the ground a few feet behind the vehicle. We now have them on all our vans and station wagons, and I give one to any employee who buys a minivan. Works great.
  • sopecreeksopecreek Posts: 203
    Do you put it inside the van or outside?
    I want to have one, maybe Autozone or Walmart sells them.
  • lumbarlumbar Posts: 421
    Colors are certainly subjective but I'm going to put in a vote for the new 06 red, which I just saw at the dealership with tan interior. I believe it is "red brawn" and it really sparkles--not too dark, not too light. Very nice, IMO.
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    It goes onto the rear window. I have not seen them at WalMart or AutoZone.
  • Being new to the minivan world as we have just started our family, this discussion board has led me to the Quest. First test drive yesterday and we were impressed. Pretty decent deals on '05 closeouts in this neck of the woods, however, selection is limited. Any thoughts on the installed DVD player vs. portable units with travel kits that allow secure attachment in the vehicle. The cost difference is pretty significant. Thanks for any advice.