Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

I'm curious what others are getting in gas mileage. On my 2002 I am averaging only 17mpg overall (70% local 30% highway) and am very disappointed.

Comments

• Hi tpilsch. I think that you will have much better luck getting responses to your Honda Odyssey gas mileage question in some of the Odyssey specific discussions over on the Vans Message Board.

Car_man

Host

Smart Shoppers / FWI Message Boards

• dealer quoted me 1800 with 50 deductable for the warranty thought that was high unless you need it for the transmission some people were saying that easily is over 3 grand.
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,787
    Can anyone tell me more about Honda Care? What is covered and what is not? Do they offer loaner car? What would be the best cost if I want one? from dealership?
  • Here is a good reference for getting the price down on Warranty.

http://www.hondawarranty.com/

I received a quote of $1081 for 7yr/100k warranty and then an e-mail for -$75 off if purchased in 2weeks.

I'll let you know what happened w/ my dealer.
  • wardmwardm Posts: 23
    Eric Stroderd (estroderd@mossisboss.com) at Moss Honda (www.mossisboss.com) is going to sell me the 7 year, 70,000 mile, $0 deductable Honda Care warranty for $850. I found out about him on another post.
  • wardm, great!

i think it's a no brainer for people who are looking to get an extended warranty!

joe
  • Does anybody know how the Honda warrantee compare to third parties. I imagine that there must be some good third party warrantees out there. The dealer from whom I bought the care did not even push the Honda auto care, but they were trying to sell me a third party warrantee.
  • I found the following faq infromation from this link:

http://www.ebicom.net/~dhyams/odyssey.html

I hope it can help in dealing with Honda Care...

Warranties:

Do I have to buy the HondaCare extended warranty at the dealership at which the van was purchased?

No, the extended warranty may be purchased from any Honda dealership.

How long do I have to buy the HondaCare extended warranty?

You can purchase the HondaCare extended warranty at any time until your original factory warranty expires (3 years, 36,000 miles).

What is "invoice price" for the HondaCare extended warranty?

It is rumored that the HondaCare 7yr/100,000/0 deductible warranty costs the dealership $735. Several dealerships around the United States are willing to sell this warranty for $835

• Hi everyone,
    I will be picking up my ody this afternoon and was asked about the extended warranty. I asked him the price and he quoted $1350 and said that was a $50 dollar savings over the "regular" price. When I informed him of the $850 7yr/100k/$0
    Honda care quote from Eric Stroderd at Moss Honda, he said the warranty was not the same? Is there different levels of this warranty?

Thanks to all
    These discussion boards help to make informed decisions!!!!

Ken
  • rms41rms41 Posts: 80
    There are lots of different extended warranty plans. The one quoted at $850 is for 7 years or 70,000 miles, not 100,000 miles.
    I e-mailed Eric at Moss and asked what his price for the Honda Care 7/100/0 was. His response was $850. When my Black EXL-RES comes in to my dealer in the Washington, D.C. metro area sometime mid to late Oct, I'll be purchasing the Honda Care from Eric. If it is not Honda Care 7/100/0 as discussed in e-mails with him, then I'll request my money back.
  • rms41rms41 Posts: 80
    I was merely restating for kenmitch what you had said in your post (#7). You said 7 year, 70,000 miles. If you get 100,000 miles that's great!
    You're right. I did have 7/70 in an earlier post. Sorry to all for the typo but it is 7/100/0 that I was quoted on.

Here are the prices from Eric on the various Honda Care warranties. He posted them and they got yanked. Not sure why as the whole point of Edmunds, even before they went on-line, was to educate consumers and help them get the lowest price. Oh well. Go figure.

Honda Care :
    $850.00
    7yr/100k mile warranty with $0 deductible

$630.00
    7yr/75k mile warranty with $0 deductible

$720.00
    6yr/100K mile warranty with $0 deductible

$585.00
    6yr/75k mile warranty with $0 deductible

His e-mail is in an earlier post so I will not repost (don't want this post to get get yanked by the powers that be too). If you need it, e-mail me at wardm5653@yahoo.com and I will be happy to forward his contact info.
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,787
    I have never purchased the Honda Care for my Accord. I know you can buy this for non-Honda vehicles which less than 4 years old in some dealers. Isn't it true? Is it up to the dealer to charge the customers or there is a guideline for it? Something MSRP for automobiles. I found this 7/70000 is being charged from $850 to over $1000 in various dealers. It's too bad that Honda is not include its Odys like the latest Chrsyler's promotion for their Jeeps, cars, minivan and many.
  • cindilcindil Posts: 18
    Thanks for the information. When I went in to negoitate on the ody I told them that I could get this warranty for $850. The dealerships (I was looking at 2 in St. Louis, MO) both agreed to honor, just an FYI.
  • l5tcl5tc Posts: 14
    I'm about the sell my Odyssey for and get a Pilot and this time I want the care.

Did anyone check if with Honda USA if Eric is legit with them? I'm being a little paranoid but better that than sorry.

thanks
    I doubt very seriously if a Honda Dealer would not be selling legitimate Honda Care warranties, particularly if they state that it is Honda Care. Are you paranoid when you buy all mail order and on-line items? If so, most credit cards protect you against fraud these days.
    I wasn't aware that he was a dealer. Just his e-mail and name was posted. I sent him an e-mail but it was Friday so I guess I'll hear back monday.
    Yep. An earlier post of mine (#7) listed the dealer he works at as being Moss Honda (www.mossisboss.com). Technically, they sell Honda's, Mercedes, and BMW's in Lafayette, Louisiana. Hope it works out for you. My Ody is due in between 10/15 and 11/15 (black EXL-RES). Once it's in and I have a VIN, I'm going to purchase the 7/100/0 from him.
    That's where I'm going. I think it' so much less than my dealer that they won't bother to match it. And I don't like to haggle.
  • Hi everyone. You may want to use the aforementioned Web site to get price quotes on the sort of warranty coverage that you want, print the prices out, and run them past your local Honda dealer. By purchasing this sort of policy at the dealership that you will have your service work done at you will be able to maintain a good relationship with them. Furthermore, you will be able to avoid the hassle of having to complete this transaction via the mail. Just a thought...

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shoppers / FWI Message Boards
  • golicgolic Posts: 714
    Just got my paperwork from Eric...for $850. Haven't gone through it in detail, but everything looks as adverstised.

Thanks Board for the Help!
  • gunturguntur Posts: 19
    Can you recommend an after market warranty product based on your experience with obtaining service ? How do you compare Honda Care vs Warranty Direct, 1Soure, Warranty Gold etc......I need to get one for my 2000 Odyssey.
  • Hello all, might be a dumb question, but if I have a 2003 Ody 3/30k factory warranty and I purchase a 7/70k, does that give me a total of 10/100k warranty coverage for my Ody?

Thank you.
  • Nope, but that is how they get you. You get a free or shall I say included 3yr/36K warranty. SO when you pay for the 7/100 it is only doing an increase of 4/64K. I did get the 7/100/0 ended up paying $988; I think I did have quotes locally for maybe $50 less, however they were throwing in matts/or guards. Still wish I would have called this guy Eric in these postings and told them to screw on that.

Since it was a 2000 and I had ordered at two dealerships and was waiting 4+ months, I was just happy to get vehicle thae way I wanted it. In the past and in the future I will go back to buying car on lot and negotiate down.
  • Just picked up 2003 EX (midnight blue pearl) and bought the HondaCare for $985. They initially quoted me $1,360 but I mentioned that prices being quoted online were as low as $850. Probably should have stuck to my guns, but $985 seemed reasonable to me.
  • Under Honda Care Extended Warranty, are the power sliding doors covered? After looking at the Honda Care brochure I'm not really sure.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • According to my dealer, the power sliding doors are covered by HondaCare.
  • Thanks for the info. I'm a little worried about the doors and just wanted to make sure they are covered.

disport