Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    I have good luck with Saccucci Honda:

www.saccuccihondacare.com
  • Noticed that they don't offer the warranty to Florida owners.
    Noticed that they don't offer the warranty to Florida owners.

Yes, that's due to Florida laws which only permits warranties to be sold by in-state dealers.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,692
    Not only can't our state run any election properly, we can't purchase a warranty from an out of state dealer to get the best price possible...crazy! Even if I wanted to buy one, I can't...go figure.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Back in 2005 I purchased Honda Care warranty from a Honda Dealer in Virginia and in 2008 I purchased Toyota Care from a Toyota Dealer in Oklahoma and I live in Florida so unless that is a new law in Florida you should be able to buy the extended warranty from anywhere
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,902
    Back in 2005 I purchased Honda Care warranty from a Honda Dealer in Virginia and in 2008 I purchased Toyota Care from a Toyota Dealer in Oklahoma and I live in Florida so unless that is a new law in Florida you should be able to buy the extended warranty from anywhere

It's became an enforcement issue IIRC. Florida at some point decided that extended warranties were insurance policies so they could only be purchased from insurance agents. Every dealer has one licensed insurance agent so they can sell them.
  • I found this that was posted by somebody else

Re: Florida Law regarding extended warranty pricing [robr2] by shortyes May 13, 2012 (4:52 pm)
    Replying to: robr2 (Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm)

I found this revision recently for Florida. It might be the one thing I am glad about Rick Scott. I found this in a different forum.

Motor Vehicle Service Agreement - Forms & Rate Issues
    As a result of SB 2176, effective 06/01/2010, the requirement that forms and rates for motor vehicle service agreements (also referred to as an auto extended warranty).be filed and approved by the Office of Insurance Regulation has been lifted.
    By July 1, 2011, each service agreement sold in this state must be accompanied by a written disclosure to the consumer that the rate charged for the service agreement is not subject to regulation by the OIR. A service agreement company may comply with this requirement by including such disclosure in its service agreement form or in a separate written notice provided to the consumer at the time of sale.
    The OIR may order a service agreement company to stop using a form that:
    1. Is in violation of or does not comply with the Florida Insurance Code or an Administrative Rule.
    2. Contains any inconsistent, ambiguous, or misleading clauses, or exceptions and conditions which deceptively affect the risk purported to be assumed in the general coverage of the service agreement.
    3. Has any title, heading, or other indication of its provisions which is misleading.
    4. Is printed or otherwise reproduced in such manner as to render any material provision of the form substantially illegible.
    5. Contains any provision which is unfair or inequitable or which encourages misrepresentation.
    6. Contains any provision which makes it difficult to determine the actual insurer or service agreement company issuing the form.
    7. Contains any provision for reducing claim payments due to depreciation of parts, except for marine engines.
  • Hi,

I was sold a Zurich Optional Service contract with purchase of a new Honda. (its just yesterday).
    Should I cancel it? as many forums I read sound like this is a third party warranty. (Finance guy told me this would cover electronics as well at $0 deductible and unlimited miles of towing if required).

If I have to cancel it how do I do it? I live in CA.

Whats better Optional Service contract or EW?
  • Hi,

I was sold a Zurich Optional Service contract with purchase of a new Honda. (its just yesterday).
    Should I cancel it? as many forums I read sound like this is a third party warranty. (Finance guy told me this would cover electronics as well at $0 deductible and unlimited miles of towing if required).

If I have to cancel it how do I do it? I live in CA.

Whats better Optional Service contract or EW?
  • kenkenkenken Posts: 21
    I would quickly check state law (probably google) as most states have a "Buyers Remorse" law that allows cancellation of contracts withing a 3 to 7 day (or more) time period.
  • thanks.
    Also want to know if someone know more about Zurich?
    Zurich is one of the largest insurance companies in the world. They'll be around for a while.

But IMHO, you should cancel it and get a Honda warranty instead if you really feel the need to have one. You can search around here and find a couple of dealers that sell them pretty reasonably.

To cancel the Zurich, read the contract you signed. It's in there somewhere.

Oh and there isn't any sort of buyer's remorse law that will allow you to cancel it. That only applies to in-home sales. So read the contract and follow what it says.
  • Thanks robr2. Do you know (or have) the experience of dealing through Zurich than Honda's own care?
    I have no experience in using any extended warranty. I purchased Honda Care for my 2000 Odyssey and didn't need to make a claim.

Now when I get a new car, I instead put $50 a month into a slush fund to use for unexpected repairs. If none are needed, it's becomes a down payment on the next car.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    The TPMS light is on in my S2000. No low tire light, pressures are OK, just the TPMS light. Faulty sensor or other TPMS component? Hondacare contracts I have looked at don't exclude or include the system. "Sensors" are covered, tires and valve stems are not.
  • bbj77bbj77 Posts: 8
    Saccucci Honda offered the $0 deductible 120k/8yr for $1295 a week or two ago. They have an offer for $50 off a warranty through Dec 31 making that warranty $1245. The next lowest quote I got was Hyannis Honda for $1270 for the same warranty. Saccucci said in their email that they expect prices to go up in 2013 $100-$200 dollars. I got my dealer to offer the warranty for $1350 which I accepted so I could add it to my financing.
  • atx11atx11 Posts: 7
    Just checked both and Hyannis dropped their's $25 making it $1245 for both. As a result, is one better than the other. Any positive or negative experiences you can share?

Thanks!!
  • bbj77bbj77 Posts: 8
    It's the same warranty so if they are the same price now then it shouldn't matter I would think.
  • atx11atx11 Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply. You are correct, I was just seeing if the process was better with one versus the other.

I went with Saccucci. Very easy process... quote via internet followed with a phone call. Email confirmation received in minutes.
  • bjb43bjb43 Posts: 2
    bbj77 - I saw someone in here writing about Zurich. I had a Zurich agreement and I ended up with a $100 deductible because the dealer where I sold my car wasn't near where I could get my car serviced. Does the HondaCAre have t he same thing?
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    Honda Care has $0 and $100 deductible options -- $0 ded is priced higher but worth it
  • Helping my mother with her purchase of a 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L. She is insistent on getting the Honda Care. The Honda dealership quoted us $2,200 for the Honda Care (84-month, 100K)!! The quote I received from Saccucci Honda today for the same term ($0 deductible) is $950. My mother would like to roll the cost of the Honda Care into her financing so we're going to try to get the dealer down. If not, I will try to persuade her to go with the on-line version (using a small piece of her large downpayment). Can anyone give me any cons to going with an on-line seller of the Honda Care rather than the Honda dealer where we're purchasing the Honda? Thanks in advance!
    Unless they offer it for $950-$1100, I wouldn't bother with the dealer -- if you're paying $1200+ just to roll it into your financing its a waste of $250+

The online dealer may offer a 6-12 month payment plan if you can't pay it all at once -- ask them to see what options are available
  • There are no cons to buying online. Unless someone intercepts your credit card information or something. I told my sales guy that I had an $1100 offer. His guy got as low as $1200. Dealerships know that these high-volume online guys exist. They should be able to lower their price, especially if they make some money on your financing.
    Can anyone give me any cons to going with an on-line seller of the Honda Care rather than the Honda dealer where we're purchasing the Honda?

There are no cons. The paperwork gets mailed from the same Honda corporate office whether you buy it from the local dealer or the online dealer. The only difference is the price you pay.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Anyone know if the TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system) is covered under the HC warranty or not? Contracts I looked at don't exlude on include it - they do exclude "Valve stems" and include "sensors" and "computers".

The TPMS light in my 08 S2000 is on. The low tire light is OFF and the tires are properly inflated. So a fault in the system, bad sensor, etc.

Thanks!
    Dennis
    If the sensors are defective then yes -- if the sensors are damaged (you hit something or if you were at a tire shop and they damaged it) then most likely no

Quick google search for "honda care tpms" shows defective sensors were covered under HC, like post 13 & 16 here: http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=53137

Sometimes a sensor may lose programming so it might just need to be reset with a TPMS tool (dealer or any tire shop) -- had this happen recently on my Nissan. The TPMS light would flash for a minute after starting the car and then remain solid -- I checked sensor readings on the nav screen and it wasnt picking up one of the sensors. Didnt feel like paying to have it checked out so I left it alone hoping that the sensor would wake up on its own, but it never did (left it like that for 3-4 months)

The dealer where I bought the car from sent me a $20 oil change + tire rotation + free inspection coupon in Dec so I decided to go in to see what they would say. They didnt bother asking me anything about the TPMS light -- the tech working on my car simply checked the tire pressure and then reprogrammed the sensor for free. Been driving around for a month and the light hasnt returned *knock on wood*
  • Update - the Honda dealer here matched our on-line quote of $1,170 from Saccucci Honda for the 96 month - 120K Honda Care, which I didn't think would happen! The dealer said the Honda Care for this term was running at $2,200, but that he could offer a $300 discount. I politely interrupted and said that we were going with the on-line offer for $1,170. After a long pause, he said he would match it. Then he asked me what on-line dealer made that offer. He said there was an East Coast Honda dealer that Honda was angry with for offering Honda Care at below cost. No other info was shared and we moved on. Overall, my mother was happy with the outcome.
  • I'm wondering if the Honda Care is actually worth whatever it is that you pay? After working hard to find the best price in my area do I want to then negate that savings with the Honda Care service? Anybody have any idea on cost if waiting until nearly out of original warranty and then looking at Honda Care at say the 5yr 60 K level?
  • It's my understanding the sooner you buy Honda Care the lower the price. It will certainly go up as you near the end of the Mfg. Warranty.