Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• Where in the Handa Care contract states that the entire amount would be refunded if make no cliam?

Does that mean after 8 years, when the contract terminates, if no claims have been filled, I can request a refund of the purchase amount?
  • Its not part of the HondaCare contract but its the dealer trying to be competitive with my credit union. Essentially the dealer is making a side bet that there will be no claims. The refund is 8yrs or 125K miles which ever comes first. If you are not a member of a credit union join one. They offer the best rates and best overall deals.
  • Are you really certain that your dealer is offering HondaCare with a refund if not used. My dealer made a similar offer last year and I had to really press with specific questions before he would admit it was not HondaCare but a third party plan that was "better".
    The promise of a refund in 8 years is of no value if the company is out of business in 5 years or less.
    Make sure you are really being offered genuine HondaCare, I would be surprised if you are.
  • Are you really certain that your dealer is offering HondaCare with a refund if not used.

I've seen where some dealers do this. You pay more for the Honda Care up front (the dealer pockets the difference.) And Honda Care does not pay the full refund, the dealer does---so essentially it's a separate side contract with the dealer.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    This has come up before. There used to be a Honda dealer that sold HC online with the full refund "gimmick" and the price was pretty steep compared to other discount HC dealers.

The pro-rated refund is between you and HC - they use your current months and miles against the age and miles at the time your purchased HC, along with what you paid, to determine your pro-rated refund amount. They take out a free and refund the rest to you (assuming you paid for it yourself and did not finance it with the car).

In the refund deals I have seen you had to keep the car until the warranty ran out and never have used it for anything. They would charge several hundred extra for this "premium" coverage. They figure most folks will sell or trade before the policy is up. Then there will be those with wrecked cars and folks who had to use the coverage. The rest, they hope most forget all about the coverage and forget to cash out. HC folks once told me LOTS of people forget or do not realize that their HC is pro-rated refundable and never ask for any money back.

To me, paying more to not use the coverage does not make any sense. Either get it or not. Keep in mind that even full money back HC should also be pro-rated refundable should you cancel before the full term is up (for any reason). They still keep more of your money but it should not be all back or nothing.
  • adkyadky Posts: 5
    Hi,

We just bought a new Odyssey and are thinking about getting Honda Care. It includes roadside assistance; is the roadside assistance only for the covered Honda vehicle, or is it tied to the purchaser of the warranty? (I.e., does it function like AAA roadside assistance, or is it only good for the Honda it's tied to.)
  • is the roadside assistance only for the covered Honda vehicle, or is it tied to the purchaser of the warranty?

Just the covered vehicle.
  • Hello, I just brought a brand new 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6. My dealer is offering me extended warranty through Costguard for 3yrs/36,000 miles for $1217. Was wondering if this is an expensive deal. If yes, any suggestion for alternative please.

thanks in Advance :)
  • kipkkipk Posts: 1,576
    ">Hello, I just brought a brand new 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6."

"Honda Care" is your best bet.

Are you really saying the car is actually brand new? Never been titled?

Kip
  • nashpnashp Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. Well, I brought the car from Honda Authorized dealer and the car was leased for three years. Also, I m not eligible for Honda Care since the car has passed three years and has 44012 miles on it. Any suggestion.
  • After cancelling my 'well-over-priced' Honda Care, AHFC just sent me a letter saying I will get a refund check within 15 days. I understand that if you financed your honda, they will refund the money to the back end of the principle and not give you a check to you right away. Is it normal for them to issue a refund check even the car is financed?
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    I understand that if you financed your honda, they will refund the money to the back end of the principle and not give you a check to you right away. Is it normal for them to issue a refund check even the car is financed?

If you financed the Honda Care as well as the vehicle, then no, that's not normal.
  • 05s205s2 Posts: 1
    99% OF PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW IF THEY ARE BEING SOLD HONDA CARE OR A 3RD PARTY WARRANTY. ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MANUFACTURERS CONTRACT
  • rustumrustum Posts: 100
    I recently bought Accord LX-P. Dealer tried to offer me extra warranty for $1100+. I was not sure about the price. I declined it. Any info regarding this warranty. How much it is useful.
  • For those that have purchased HC - who has the best prices right now?
  • sreisssreiss Posts: 65
    Check out my post #3454. Your mileage may vary (literally) so you should check them all out to see what's best for your situation.
  • vijjuvijju Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I purchased an used 06 Civic with 55K on it. Seems Hondacare is not applicable. Warranty Direct is offering 3yr/36K ExtraCare Plus warranty for $1500. Is it worth the price? I got a similar quote from AAautoprotection. Are there any alternatives? Does any dealers provide similar warranties? Please Advice.
  • rustumrustum Posts: 100
    is it good idea to get extended warranty for Accord?
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    is it good idea to get extended warranty for Accord?

Start by getting a price for your specific vehicle. Go to one of the online dealers to get a quote like:

http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/

Once you have the price, you can decide if you think its worth it.
  • I have never purchased an extended warranty on a new car before. I just bought a 2010 Accord EX-L and am wondering if Extended service contract to 5 yr 60K miles for $520 and roadhazard $295 and dent wizard $250 for total of $1000. Is this a good deal or was I taken over the coals???