Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

1182183184185186188»

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,576
    This is easy...get the Hondacare and be done with it! Dump the other company like...NOW!!!

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• elsie10elsie10 Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for your advice. I went back to the dealer and canceled it; it really wasn't as bad an experience as I thought it would be. I had my numbers ready this time when he asked what I had been quoted for HondaCare. It also probably helped that I talked to our salesman, and he talked to the manager and F/I man before I got there.
    This has been a great site to check for info. I was fully prepared with what to pay for a vehicle and even got a better price than even the lowest bar on TrueCar, but I had not researched the extended warranty and prices. Now I know!! I hope others will look here first too. Thanks again!
  • I live in NY and just purchased a 2014 Honda Odyssesy. Of couse the finance manager tried to sell me an extended warranty 8 years/ 120K for $2200. After I told the price is too high, he came back with $1800. My question is, can I purchase Honda Care extended warranty from any online dealer (saccucci.com, collegehillshonda.com) or is it only a dealer in NY?
  • jatanjatan Posts: 92
    Buy online
  • I didn't research warranties before I picked up my 2013 Accord in Irving, TX. Succumbed to the finance guru, even though I had a cashiers check for the purchase…I know, I know. This guy's line was, "I'm giving you employee pricing." $1755.00 for 6 yr/100K mi $0 deductible.

Got back home, dialed up edmonds.com on the interwebbings and purchased a 6 yr/100K mi $0 deductible for $890 and Sentinel 6 yr/72K mi oil change and tire coverage plan for $445 from Saccucci Honda. Saved $420! Thanks to all on the forum for the info on this.

SuperBee Round Rock, TX

• godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481

I take it you had no luck buying from Austin/Round Rock dealers?

• leesha48leesha48 Posts: 5

@aspesisteve said: "But the salesperson hooked me when he said that the way Honda's are built now (being so computerized), they're much costlier to fix."

these are fear based sales :shades: tactics designed to separate you from your hard earned cash! Try reading consumer reports including the reliability data on the Civic, which is excellent, and you will realize that you are making a ill advised bet.

It is such a paradox to go from the car salesman selling you on reliability and then after closing the deal you get mr. doom and gloom warning you about expensive repair bills. Give me a break! I tell them if they want their customer report card to read 'A' then spare me the after market sales shenanigans. I'm out the door faster and have more money left in my account.

At the very least, you should walk away and say you will think about it and get a competitive bid.

• leesha48leesha48 Posts: 5

Oh yes, this is exactly what happened to me this past week. Once I realized I wasn't even sold a Honda Care warranty it was a company I've never heard off, could find no reviews on line for this company, I canceled it. Buyer Beware of these scare tactics they use!

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Posts: 1

Hello all. I work at a Honda dealership in sales. My wife and I are buying a Certified 2010 Honda Odyssey LX with 61,300 miles. I'm inclined to go with the 8yr/120k "wrap" (bumper-to-bumper) Honda warranty. My business manager mentioned aftermarket warranties, but I'm wary of those and will only consider a Honda warranty. Everyone here in the thread has provided helpful insight. Now all I need to do is convince the Mrs. that it's a good idea. Thanks again folks!