Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    I just posted this 2 messages above your post:

Check the prices at HondAcuraworld, Bernardi (hondawarrantyinfo), CollegeHillsHonda, JayHondaCare, CurryHondaCare, etc to see who offers the best price right now. Last time I checked it was Bernardi, but always check all the online dealers for the best deal before you buy

Let me link-a-fy it to make it easier for you.

HondAcuraWorld

Bernardi (HondaWarrantyInfo)

Jay HondaCare

Curry HondaCare

and you already posted the link to College Hills:

College Hills

I think if you get quotes from all of these, you will find you can get it for less than $700.

Dennis
  • Consider also contacting someone at Pohanka Honda in Salisbury, MD...
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 6
    Thanks for the links. I found it cheapest @ $621 from Bernardi
    Hoo-hoo, another $79 saved :D

Just for grins call the finance guy at the dealer where you purchased the car and get a quote. I would guess it will be $1,500 or more (ouch).

Note that there could be other online places that sell HC at a discount, and for sure any dealer you call COULD offer you a similar or better deal. Just be sure it is the HondaCare warranty - and if you find a better dealer be sure to let us know.

Dennis
  • jlo55jlo55 Posts: 1
    i can't figure out Bernardi's web site; i can't find the warranty quote. my sister just bought an Accord and the guy charged A LOT for the warranty i understand she has 30 days to cancel.
    Any help?
    Thanks,
  • mitzijmitzij Posts: 611
    I tried the link on post #649. It looks like you have to enter your email and other info and they send you a quote.
    As mitzij says, on some of the sites you have to give them your e-mail and they automatically e-mail you the quote.

This link:

http://www.hondawarrantyinfo.com/quote.asp

should take you right the page where you enter your e-mail, Honda, Accord, I4 or V-6, and in service date and miles.

When I checked the other day it was $621 for $0/7/80k and $796 for $0/7/100k for an I4 Accord.

And yes your sister does have 30 days to cancel the plan she purchased at the dealership. She likely financed it along with the car, so the credit for cancelling it will go to the bank and she will her money "back" with a reduced payment or fewer payments. If the dealer will not help her cancel, then have her call HondaCare customer service direct (800-999-5901) and tell them she wants to cancel NOW. They can mail or fax her the forms and take care of it from there. Within 30 days she (or the finance bank) gets a full refund of the price paid.

Dennis
  • For those that are leery on purchasing the Honda Care warranty from Bernardi or others, for my own peace of mind I called AHF and asked about the warranties sold by Bernardi and was told by the rep that the low price warranties that Bernardi sell are quite legit and are genuine Honda Care warranties.

This is great to me as my dealer has quoted $1,695 for a 7/100 warranty on the new '06 Civic Si Coupe. Bernardi's was, $746 with $0 deductible. The difference between those will pay for my new Compustar paging remote alarm system. This was a great find. Thanks.
    I could have told you that :D

I have purchased several discount HC plans over the years including (most recently) a couple from Bernardi. All were "legit" HC and at a deep discount off of what local dealers offered.

But it does not hurt to call and ask :)

Dennis
  • I purchased HC from Bernardi on the last day of August. I called Torrance (HUSA) the other day to see if I am "live" in the system and I am not yet in the system. I also have not rec'd any HC paperwork from Honda. Guy at Torrance said that the dealer has not "put through" my paperwork yet and that I should call them. I did and was told that they will check on it and someone will call me. That was a week ago and no call. I did get a receipt in the mail from Bernardi so I can at least prove my purchase. Has anyone else bought at the end of August and rec'd all your paperwork? Please let us know............
    I would call either of the two guys listed on their web page to see what is up. I ordered about the same time and I have long since gotten my contract and recently the HC booklet and ID card from HC. Several folks that I referred to them have done the same.

The only "receipt" you should have gotten from Bernardi is the HC contract and maybe a little charge slip where they charged your CC. If you opted for the 0% finance deal that was available back then, you have to sign a form and return that before they can process your paperwork. If you got the contract but not the "installment agreement" then maybe that is missing in the mail somewhere?

Dennis
  • The only "receipt" you should have gotten from Bernardi is the HC contract and maybe a little charge slip where they charged your CC.

That's what I rec'd. I will call them on Monday and rattle a few cages........... ;)
  • I recently read a thread that mentioned that the S2k was going to be "redesigned" for the 2006-2007 model year...Is that true?

I don't know how Honda could manange to make a better car this great > better, but hey, THEY MADE THIS CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE! :P w

hat changes are they making? Any links on this topic would be appreciated...

Thanks guys
  • Since this discussion is about Honda extended warranties, I'm going to suggest you visit our Honda S2000 discussion to see what the rumors are, and if it looks like there's going to be a redesign, you can start a new topic about the future S2000 on our Future Vehicles board.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• mamamia2mamamia2 Posts: 698
    I am planning to purchase the warranty for my '05 Accord, but my mechanic suggests I CHECK FIRST -- WHAT does it cover, exactly....

Where can I find a LIST of all that the warranty covers? You'd think that an educated consumer would do that kind of research, before paying hundreds of dollars....
    What I'm really after is a DETAILED list...

Checking on the Honda site there is a line saying:

"Suspension, Steering and Brake System"

------ Well.... that's NOT what I expect to see before making a decision.... "Brake System" is a very general description I'd say, does is cover Rotors? Calipers? Brake Pads (of course, not)?
  • sr45sr45 Posts: 144
    Good question mamamia2, we need to, not only know what it covers, but what it does not cover in bold print. Many years ago, I saw a women pull up into the service dept area and requested warranty work on a air conditioner in her vehicle which had the extended warranty. The tech personnel told her that part, which was busted, was not covered under the extended warranty, but the other parts were. Go figure....Boy, was she livid
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 6
    This is what I found from one of the website that sells the Honda Care EW:

http://www.curryhondacare.com/coverage.cfm?CFID=529242&CFTOKEN=80822375
    Yes, thanks, that's exactly wha I was looking for...

...AND SO SHOULD ANYBODY BEFORE MAKING A DECISION TO PURCHASE THE HONDA (or any) EXTENDED WARRANTY...
  • Thank-u ... Very much!!!!