Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

TLX type of gas

debbie757debbie757 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Acura
I am very interested in getting a new TLX the sales person said it will run on regular gas although the brochure says premium is recommended. I know there are not that many cars out yet but has anyone used regular gas in your TLX?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    edited December 2014
    Thinking about my original answer some more, my intent could easily be mis-understood so I removed it. :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,061
    If you don't need the performance that the TLX offers, I'd get an Accord...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Personally, if I'm paying for a car that has the ability to utilize premium fuel for maximum benefit, even if that octane not required--well, then, I'd use premium fuel. Why diminish the car's potential? If you don't need to experience the car's full power capabilities, then why buy it?
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

Personally, if I'm paying for a car that has the ability to utilize premium fuel for maximum benefit, even if that octane not required--well, then, I'd use premium fuel. Why diminish the car's potential? If you don't need to experience the car's full power capabilities, then why buy it?

I agree for sure, but perhaps there is something about the vehicle itself that is most attractive to some without looking under the hood.