Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• bob400bob400 Posts: 4
    What is the difference between a 1500 HD and a 2500?
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    JOHN...Your truck may need a PCM reflash. My 01
    did the out of gear bump once in a while.
    A PCM refash fixed it...........

I have read about this on this forum before........
  • Thanks for the info. Now Ijust have to find out what aPCM flash is?????
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    Check to see if GM has a TSB on this issue - I know they did for the 1999 Silverado. I live in Houston and it does not get cold enough to cause the problem - but while in Colorado on a ski trip I had the door rattle problem. Months later I saw the TSB - but never bothered with getting it done.
    I am sure one of the guys will come up with the TSB # for ya. Like I posted it has been mentioned before.

My 01 is gone now and don't have the paperwork........
  • Mine did the came thing so I took the door panel off and used a entire roll of two sided sticky foam padded tape on the inside of the door. Before I took it apart I tapped on it to see where the rattles and noise was coming from.
    so far this $3.00 fix has worked great.
  • Same problem with my 2004 Silverado but was all covered under warranty. Dealer said they have been having a problem with the fuel lines rusting on the inside and plugging up the injectors. They changed my fuel lines and injectors and everything is fine now.
  • I don't suppose you know where I could find that TSB? Do you know what the fix is for the windshield noise?
  • MY 1993 4X4 AUTO TRANS WILL SHIFT INTO REV, 1,2 BUT NOT 3 OR 4. I AM TOLD THIS IS A SAFETY FEATURE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO LIMP IT HOME. HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM? :cry:
    Found it post #4489

GM TSB#04-08-48-003 Windsheild Reseal..........

If you guys are looking for a TSB Go to the left of the
    page here and do a message search forums. Any posted
    problem or related TSB will come up to help ya.........

BTW: Do you have a bug sheild? If so thats the problem.
  • jjtjjjtj Posts: 103
    This kind of sounds like what has happened to my 95 K3500 a couple of times. It's like the trans is stuck in 2nd gear. All I did was to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so, which clears the code out of the computer. Reconnect the battery & that cleared the problem. Not sure if this will fix your problem but it's an easy thing to try.
  • steve80,
    Do you know if there is a recall on this? Can you provide the dealership name that you went to so I can call and ask them about it? thanks, jason
  • I have not experienced this with a chevy but I had a similar problem on a Dodge with my ignition coil loosing contact at the plug. My truck would stall and start right back up, and it would also loose rpm at idle sometimes, but I never had the mushy brakes.
    jason
  • I have a 2004 chevy silverado 1500 crew and whenever I am driving between 65-70mph I get a loud humming noise and vibrating noise. Its not a high pitched noise it more like a roaring humming noise. I have 45,000 miles on the truck and it just starting doing this at about 43,000 miles. It sounds like it might be the rear end or the transmission, but I don't know. I also have a 6" lift kit and 33" tires on the truck so that might be causing some additional stress. If anyone knows anything please let me know. Thanks
  • got the truck last night. me and to buds put a new cab on it. had to use old wiring harness and dash. everything works except the fuel injector. engine runs with starting fluid. but no feulto injectors. any suggestions??????? :cry:
  • the tranny on my 2000 5.3L 1500LS seems like it's slipping or stuttering when it should be down shifting, like when I'm going up a hill. It's not making any wierd noises, it just stutters until I bring up the rpms and it downshifts. The tranny works great any other time. Any ideas on things to check?

thanks,
    -monchichi
  • Jason,
    I`ll check with the dealer and get back to you .
    Steve80
  • gmctruckgmctruck Posts: 186
    Go to Carquest and get a roll of thin black double sided tape. Clean under the rubber strips on both sides of the windshield. Install the double sided tape on the underside of the rubber strip and press it down on the windshield.

The TSB may say to use silicone, but the double sided tape works just as good and is easier to remove if you ever need a new windshield installed.
  • I'm trying to get Chevy to pay to replace my inst cluster. GM customer service and my local Chevy service manager tell me its the only Silverado they've heard of with this problem. Started when it was still under warranty but it would only do it sometimes and not when I had it in the shop, so they wouldn't fix it then. Now tach is pegged on 6000+ and speedo reads low all the time. Dealer charged me $79 to tell me the speedo doesn't work! Wish I'd bought a Tundra!
  • I have an '03 1500 Ext 2wd in the shop now for speedo pegging. GM says $105.00 to open the dash up and verify speedo cluster is bad. I already know this!!! Truck will be tied up for 4 days because outside repair shop is backlogged. I originally opened the dash trim and fished a small wire between trip meter reset hole and cluster and moved speedo needle back to zero, but that did'nt last. Seems it only happened when it was wet outside. Thought maybe a loose wire harness to trans, but dealer says the cluster is bad.
This discussion has been closed.