Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Wet Weather Manners - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Jaguar
imageWet Weather Manners - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

This update to Edmunds' long-term 2015 Jaguar F-Type Coupe R includes discussion of driving the sports car in the rain.

Read the full story here

Comments

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited December 2014
    The Corvette's standard traction control system has a weather setting to turn the electronic nannies on to full alert. Even the available Performance Traction Management has a wet setting for rainy track days. Interesting that they say the Corvette and the 911 have good control in weather. Their manufacturers say are designed and engineered to work as a daily driver as well as a high performance car.
  • seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    The Jaguar is an English car, it should not have to be expected to deal with rain, I think it's pretty arid over there from what I've heard about the country.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    "it's outrageously fast, but its need to be tiptoed around corners is frustrating"

Well, that's even worse than the paint flaking off the plastic paddle shifters.

Question, how far down the sports car totem pole do you need to go to find a car that it can out handle on a windy road? Subaru BRZ? Camaro? Golf GTI?
  • SPYOTESPYOTE Member Posts: 1
    I turned on the rain/snow mode on my 2016 F-Type R in the rain and thought my tires were about to fall off. Scared the hell out of me. Jerked from side to side. I had to pull off the freeway to check if my lug nuts were loose. I was not hydroplaning. When I went to the dealer to ask if this is common, the service manager reminded me I had a Supercharged engine. Seriously? I was going steady at 60 MPH. I'm thinking about getting rid of it. (0-60 in 3.8 seconds on a dry road. Stock)