Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW European Delivery

Comments

• $3k marketing support till 5/31/2009

If so, this means we could get -$2,000 ED price??
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,862
    I think the answer is yes, but with caveats...

You have to contract the car prior to May 31st. This means you'll need a VIN number, which will only be available about 15 days before scheduled delivery...

Which probably means you need to order the car now.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi. Haven't been on for a couple of years. Back in '02, I did my first ED and have decided to do it again this June. I've just ordered a 328ix w/ premium, sport, heated seats, HD Radio, IPod, PDC, Window Shades and the upgraded sound system. My price before state taxes is $40, 540----some $5K below the MSRP. I got the 0.9% financing and hope to write of the state tax, if that ever made it into the stimulus package.

Questions: Do you have any recommendations for a Hotel near the airport (as we have a 7am departing flight0?
    Last time we went to Austria, Italy, and Switzerland so this time we thought we'd try doing a loop through NW France, Belgium, the Netherlands and then back down through Germany to Munich. We have two weeks.
    Any must see recommendations?

Hi Shipo! As I recall, we did our 2002 ED about 2 weeks apart.

ButmyWife
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Hey Dude! :)

Welcome back, I'm glad that at least one of us is still in a BMW (I've been reduced to driving a bargain basement Mazda3 these days). Hopefully by the time your ready for your third ED trip, I'll be on that track as well. :shades:

Best regards,
    Shipo
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Glad you got your logging in issues solved. Have fun on your trip! :)
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Enjoy. I loved ED. I look forward to doing it again one day.
  • jlbljlbl Posts: 1,333
    NW France, Belgium, the Netherlands

My suggestions:

The Netherlands
    Cities
    Amsterdam & Haarlem, The Hague, Delf, Utrecht
    Natural places/Scenic Views
    Delta works (Zeeland province, former estuaries of Rhine, Meuse and other rivers). Impressive.
    launched in 1958 and largely completed in 2002. The official goal of the Delta project was to reduce the risk of flooding in the province of Zeeland to once per 10,000 years. (For the rest of the country, the protection-level is once per 4,000 years.) This was achieved by raising 3,000 kilometers (1,864 miles) of outer sea-dykes and 10,000 kilometers (6,200 miles) of inner, canal, and river dikes to "delta" height, and by closing off the sea estuaries of the Zeeland province. New risk assessments occasionally show problems requiring additional Delta project [non-permissible content removed] reinforcements. The Delta project is one of the largest construction efforts in human history and is considered by the American Society of Civil Engineers as one of the seven wonders of the modern world.

Belgium
    Cities
    Brussels, Gant, Bruges

NW of France
    Cities
    Rouen
    Natural places/Scenic Views
    Normandy Oceanic shore,
    and the south side of the Brittany peninsula, if you want to extend that way your touring in France, but…
    you could instead spend time in NE of France, in your way to Munich:
    Strasbourg, Colmar and the small wine village/towns in Alsace. A delight.

Enjoy the tour!!

Regards,
    Jose
  • Jose---thank so much for taking the time to post the information. Muy amable!

For my new ride I went with Tasman Green w/Saddle Brown interior. Has anyone seen the Tasman Green? I've only seen it when I built the car on the BMW site. Hope it is a good combo.

Does anyone know if the '09 iPod adaptor supports any iTunes software version? Mine is a couple of years old because it is the only version which my retrofitted iPod adaptor in my '02 325er supports. I'm wondering if I need to download the latest version before I head to Deutchland?

ButMyWife
    Last fall, my dealer had a Tasman Green 3-series in the showroom... with the chestnut/black interior...

I really liked it..

• Thanks kyfdx. This may sound like a dumb question but . . . Did the car look green? I recently saw a 2007 Dark Green BMW and I had to look hard to see that it was green and not dark grey or black.

Butmywife
    Yeah.. it's sort of a dusty green, but it's definitely green... Not sure what to compare it to... definitely not forest green...

I know the Highland Green that they put on X3s last year was so dark that you had to see it in just the right light to know that it wasn't black.. Tasman isn't like that.

• bmwchitownbmwchitown Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase a 335i in the Chicago area through ED. Any recommendation on dealers? I've seen a few posts on Orland Park but wanted to see if there was another dealer that others have used as well.

Also, where can I go to find 2009 335i Eurpoean pricing? Everything I've seen is for 2007 and 2008 models.

Thanks!
  • rick11rick11 Posts: 9
    Hi, usually there is a basic post that you want to find to give the standard advice. I'm looking for that post, can someone direct me to it? (I prefer the longer rather than shorter version please.)

Also, I have these questions too:

I'm thinking of placing an order for European Delivery for 2010.

(1) Can anyone tell me where I can get the invoice price (or where to look) for the 2010?
    (2) Any info on how to negotiate differently than if I were buying a car not for ED?

(3) Does anyone have the invoice info for the 2009?

(4) Best dealers to work with in Southern California (Los Angeles or San Diego areas) -- heck, for the best deal I'd also go to San Francisco or Las Vegas

Any help much appreciated! Thank you.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    2009 pricing is available at bimmerfest. Add about 4-5% for 2010.
    ED pricing is quite easy. call. ask to speak with the ed manager. Explain the car you want - piece by piece - and give him the price you will pay over ED wholesales (usually $800-1000). Either he'll accept or reject it.

There's a good guy in SoCal who does ED - he's also on Bimmerfest.com. He will hook you up with an easy 1000 ED deal.
  • kelfkelf Posts: 83
    Are we turning away from Euro Delivery? If you post repsonse please post when purchased in last 12 months, which dealer and how much you over or under paid compared to the Euro delivery posted prices ( Not the US MSRP prices). Thank you.
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    I plan to use this when the model I want becomes available (a 530d GT). I think one reason it may not be used too much is that first, you have to pay in full for the vehicle at least 30-days before you take delivery in Germany, and then, you won't have it in your hands back in the states for possibly as much as 6-weeks after you turn it in. This leaves you with over two months where you may end up with a car you can't sell yet, or use the equity from to offset the purchase. If leasing, that's double lease payments, and if you own it, maybe extra payments, or a big lump sum withdrawal you may not want to make.
  • Lots of information on ED at Bimmerfest.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,206
    has become less popular, or at least much less talked about in Edmunds, ever since the barn-burning lease deals dried up several years ago.

Now you actually have to buy the car, or lease it for vastly increased monthly payments, relative to what was going on back in the day.

Plus which there's the RFT debacle & other things that tend to turn off many of the enthusiasts; many, if not most, Edmunds posters are enthusiasts, not badge seekers or appliance drivers.

Or, perhaps not. Maybe it's something else.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    I'm about to go to Stuttgart for four months and would love to try Euro delivery. does anybody have a good link to "confidential ED pricing"?