Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

buffagmbuffagm Posts: 21
edited January 28 in BMW
just put my 1k down on an '03 330i/5spd

5spd
blk/blk leatherette/xenon/sport pkg/moonroof

the price 36,400 /dest/mats got me stretching from the 325i I originally was negotiating for, with the same options that car came to 31k. As this is my first car I hope I made the right choice. Its scheduled to arrive mid Nov. Any later and it will be tough to handle.
If anyone knows any new additions to look forward to in the '03 please let me know.

Comments

• Outside the obvious you will get the speedo in Kilometers and not mph. This would be expensive to convert to a new guage cluster. You have to pay taxes to get the car into the US. Some car makers will not allow you to buy in Canada if your permanent residence is in the US. THe options typically are different. I saw a sport equipped 330i on the internet and the foglights were the standard rectangular ones. There will be differneces b/w a US and Canadian equipped car. When its all said and done it may not be worth it. I really don't think BMW allows it anyways. I think Infiniti put a stop on it last year when the G35 was rolled out b/c it would have been much cheaper to get the car in Canada due to the exchange rate.
  • If I understand you correctly you just paid $3150 over the invoice price or $105 over MSRP. Not knowing what options you have, I think you did well.

We did a lot of research and found that there are no real price concessions in the northeast, but I'm not sure that is true for the SE, Midwest or Western markets.

You're going to love your car so does the price really matter.....
  • 'buffagm' ordered a 330, not a 325, and the options are stated right there. He/she also stated that the price for the 325 was $31k.

For a 330i, $36,400 is a much better than $3150 over invoice/$105 over MSRP:

'03 330i
    5spd
    standard(non-metallic)paint
    Sport Package
    Bi-Xenon headlights
    Moonroof

MSRP = $38,245 / invoice = $35,020

If the dealer agreed to an as-optioned '03 330i for $36,400, that's $1380 over invoice (not $3150), which is on the low end of what the 330 sedans are selling for.

I paid $1800 over invoice for an '03 330Ci, but they're in higher demand right now. buffagm got a deal just about right for a 3-series sedan. Most report getting prices of between $1k-$1.5k over invoice.
  • I am looking to buy a 2003 330i , sport , zeon, metallic paint and live in Virginia. Does anyone know where I can get pricing for a 2003 on the web?

Buffagm, What state did you buy your car? Sounds like you got a good deal. My best price so far is $1900 over invoice. I had hoped to get the 330i for around $1400 over invoice.

Thanks,
  • Ordered 330i (North Jersey). Estimated delivery date is on Oct 11.
    Here are the specs:
    2003 330i
    metallic gray green
    Steptronic
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    MSRP: $41,145
    Invoice: $37,710
    Purchase price: $39,000
  • I am moving abroad in three weeks and need to sell my 330ci. It is Titanium Silver/black leather interior. Premium package, sport package, hk sound, cd, 5-speed, 14K miles. I ordered it new from the factory last year. It has been garaged and never been in any accidents. The car is in outstanding condition. My email address is gassaly@hotmail.com. or 610-265-7755.
  • buffagmbuffagm Posts: 21
    I live in New York, ordered from a dealer in Binghamton. Highly recommended to anyone looking. Let me know if anyone wants more details.
  • Thanks buffagm,

Got them down to $1500 over invoice today. I think that is the best I can do at this time. Now I have to decide if I want to pay the extra 4 grand for the 330i or stay with a 325i. I have a 2001 325i but didn't get the sport. I'll let you know the price when I get back with the dealer Thurs.
  • esswebessweb Posts: 51
    It is interesting that the pricing discussion board for VW Passat has over 1000 messages and growing fast, while there is virtually no discussion about value (buying price) on cars like the BMW, Lexus or Benz.

No wonder the design head of Honda Accord think that the sophisticated buyers are opting for Passat now-a-day.
  • Essweb:
    Could you clarify? I'm interested in what you are trying to say, but don't understand exactly. I think those of us who have decided to get a BMW realize that there are cars with more HP, more features and are larger for less money, but for enthusiasts like me, a Passat (or Camry or Accord) just wouldn't cut the mustard (I've driven all three, except 03 Accord). You may be interested to know that VW Jetta/Golf owners don't graduate to Passats, the graduate to 3 series BMWs according to VW market research. And I agree, Honda's playing catch-up to VW.
  • jpnwdcjpnwdc Posts: 42
    Last week I paid around $33,600 (or $1,000 off MSRP) on a 2002 325i with the following:

Automatic
    Metallic Paint
    Leather Seats
    Premium Pkg.
    Cold Weather Pkg.
  • tgravo2tgravo2 Posts: 70
    5-spd, Titanum Silver Metallic Paint
    Black Leather
    Sports Package
    Premium Package
    Harmon Kardon
    Xenons

The salesman said he forgot to add the price of the leather in an he said he would eat it so I got $1400 off, paid $33,745 + TTL
  • My salesman just told me 325i do not come with floor mats! I can't believe a 30K+ car, and no floor mats. How much are they?
    thx
  • It really doesn't come with floor mats. I was charged about $150 for it so I told them not to put one. I'll just buy the BMW winter mats costing $70 (front and rear).
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    at lots of dealers, id look around.

DL
  • mg330cimg330ci Posts: 162
    Including floor mats, dealer prep and who knows what else they added, 2 caps and a key chain ;-)

I told them, you can add as many extra dealer fees you want, but once you add everything, I'm not paying a dime above Invoice + $1500 (the $1500 of course, to fund the dealers wife yatch in Florida)

And so we made a deal, I bought the car, the dealer, (who would not go to bankruptcy because of me), received a juicy $1500 for 5min work on a car that sells by itself, (otherwise, would have lost the sale to another dealer). And we all lived happily ever after (at least he did).

The way I see it, I paid $1499 more than I should

If Infinity can sell the G35 at $32000 MSRP, How much is the real cost of producing a 330, $15000?
    100+% gain is not bad, aah! (other wise, they would be out of business long time ago, and not investing 100+ millions in Formula 1).

But, as long as there are people willing to kill each other for the car, and pay whatever they ask, then, the closer to the MSRP the price will (I am starting to sound like Yoda) The good old offer and demand.

At least you know, somebody was able to get the car for $1500 above invoice, you should to. And thats what's great about this forum.

Don't trust that Edmunds TMV scam!
  • Can anyone recommend a dealer with a customer friendly service dept ??

I have my 15k visit coming up soon
    My dealer threw in the floor mats, I figure most of them would
  • I live in Orange County in California and
    my friend who lives in South Carolina will be selling his BMW early december because he is leaving the country. He wants to drive the car until he leaves because he doesn't want to rent a car or anything...and I am thinking of buying it from him... I actually drove the car when I went over there this summer, and it is in good condition.... It is 1999 BMW 328i (new body style) It has a premium package, sports package, steptronic transmission, xenon headlamps and now it's got 41K miles... but he told me to expect about 50K miles in early December...
    Because this year is almost over and he has to drive the car until the day he leave, I am not sure what I should pay... I did look up the Kelly Blue Book pricing for retail and it was little less than $22K for now.... Considering the fact that he is going to put at least 8000 extra miles on the car and I will be actually buying the car in december, what would be a good price for this BMW? I just don't want to waste my hard earned cash... Can somebody please help me?
    Thank you...
  • kibbiekibbie Posts: 1
    I just got the offer for a white/gray leather fully loaded (sports,premium,cold weather package, xenon, Harmon Kardon stereo etc.) for $33,500. It was an executive 2002 car with 6500 miles on it. Is that a good deal?
    I got the same price for the same car brand new, I got the 5 spd though, steptronic is about $1400 MSRP
  • I will be picking up my 2002 steel blue 325i this friday. wooohooo!!
    Paid $32,700.
    auto, premium, xenon, black leather, and mats!! :)
    I think I got a pretty good deal.
    congrats on your new purchase 325, I just got mine 3 weeks ago, good luck and have fun with it
  • Ordered mine last Saturday. 325i, Titanium silver, black leatherette, premium, sport, Harmon Kardon, steptronic, $33,300 - $1,200 over invoice. Included floor mats, two key chains, a hat and a shirt. Not bad for 20 minutes of negotiating. Delivery date mid December!
    hey im also a golf nut, actually I play college golf here in Louisiana, I just love taking my 325 to the course, same as yours but I got the 5 spd and black leather
  • I am currently planning on buying a 2003 330i/stl gry/sp/pp/xenon w/ European Delivery. Can anybody suggest a dealer who would accept 1000 - 1200 over invoice? I am willing to travel even further if the saving could justify it. I have heard some dealers in the Baltimore & PA area are willing to sell just 700 over invoice for ED. Thanks all in advance for your valuable suggestions.
  • I am in NYC and am looking for a deal in NY, NJ, CT, MD, PA area
  • What's a BMW dealer's holdback?
  • I'm looking to buy a 2003 325xi with metallic paint, cold weather, leather, premium pkg. List is 35870. What discount can I expect? What have others paid?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    Check this page for holdback information.

Dealer Holdback

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.