Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• $43,545 MSRP
    $41,500 Selling price
    $42,125 Cap cost (selling price + acq.fee)
    3yr/45K lease
    Residual 59%
    MF .0025
    Payment $626/mo.+ tax.. $676/mo. with 8% tax included..

Sorry...these numbers with a $3000 trade in???
  • bigpapalukebigpapaluke Posts: 108
    With a $3000 trade in, I'm getting $578 / month with tax.

3 Year (15K)
    MSRP $43,545.00
    Selling $41,500.00
    Net Cap Cost $39,125.00
    Residual 59.00%
    Term: 36
    Miles: 15000
    Amount used $13,433.45
    Depr pmt $373.15
    Money Factor .0025
    Interest $162.04
    Lease pmt b4 tax $535.19
    Sales Tax $42.82
    Total Pmt $578.01

$2000 off MSRP looks really good. What options are you getting on your vehicle?

Luke
  • chatkatchatkat Posts: 41
    Yes, you can write off the a percentage of car expenses subject to keeping a mileage log and if you use the car 80% for business than you can deduct 80% of costs subject to the lease inclusion factor.
  • eds1300eds1300 Posts: 71
    Seems dealers around California are not moving their money factor from .00295. I can get the acq. fee down to 625, but they want to bump up the selling price by 200.

I will send an another email requesting the fator of .0025, if not it's Audi, C-class, or TL time.
    I got the sale price to $33,995.00 with metallic paint, premium, automatic and xenon lights.

The dealer wants $3,453 cash down, with $2,660 in cap reduction, which I am not going to do. I asked for 65% residual based on 12,000/36-month, but he can only come up with 64% on 10,000. He stated that BMW does not offer 65% residual and that they are firm with money factor of .0029(a 7.3% apr). With $4,500 drive off puts the monthly payment at $423.00, which includes taxes.

The selling price is good, but the fees and financing does not sound good at all right now. I will send more emails to other Bay area dealers.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,141
    One point... quit negotiating residual.. It is set by BMWFS, and is not negotiable..

Base money factor is .0025.. that is as low as they can go..

You never have to make a cap cost reduction... They are only showing that to make the payment look lower... Of course, without the cap cost reduction, the payment will be higher..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

>>One point... quit negotiating residual.. It is set by BMWFS, and is not negotiable..

Base money factor is .0025.. that is as low as they can go.<<

True, but I had one dealer giving me a residual of 63% on 15,000/36-month, while another giving me 64% on 10,000/36-month. You would think 15,000 miles less in a vehicle would warrant higher than 1% residual. Post 4229 got their money factor down to .00199, but i'm guessing they put some money down to lower their rates. I will trying again to lower the money factor to .0025, but it seems the dealers are very reluctant.

Thanks for your help K.
    The 36mo./15K residual is 61%
    36mo./12K is 63%
    36mo./10K is 64%

Money down shouldn't affect the money factor.. Dealers can mark it up, but can't go below the base rate.. I'll look back at that post...

regards,
    kyfdx

That appears to be a third-party bank lease...

• goldenskygoldensky Posts: 9
    Why does it seem everyone here leases vs. purchase? Are there incentives that make it preferable?
  • kenshirokenshiro Posts: 16
    Hi All,
    I have requested a quote from several local dealers and the lowest quote I received was $1300 over invoice price. The car I wanted includes Premium Package and Steptronic.
    Does invoice price = the invoice price for the car and the invoice price of all the options as well or just the car? So the final price should be around the same as the total with options invoice price I receive from Edmunds ($37550+$1300)?
    Are there any other charges that dealer may put on it other than tax/fee?

Thanks for the responses
  • davidd3davidd3 Posts: 582
    The main reason most people lease rather than buy is because monthly payments are considerably lower (and therefore more affordable) on a lease. This is because you are only financing the depreciation portion. BMWFS sets the residuals pretty high, which makes the depreciation portion less.
  • goldenskygoldensky Posts: 9
    Thanks for replying, I've been reading and considering for a few days and wondered if there was something I was missing. Do people typically convert the lease to a purchase at the end of the term or just keep leasing the latest model?
  • rhmassrhmass Posts: 263
    Invoice price should include all the options as well. Other fees dealers may tag on include "advertising" which you should insist on not paying and "documentation" which is negotiable. You can also ask the dealer to throw in floor mats, and touch-up paint (you'll need it in time) as no cost items.
  • newownernewowner Posts: 18
    I really want the '06 325ix and want to pay invoice or a few hundred over. A salesman from Mercedes told me he would sell any C class for invoice, so I am wondering if BMW would too?

I have a few requests in and wanted some expert advice. I live in WA and did not have a good experience at the Tacoma dealership in '97.
  • When considering price on the 325ix, consider the 2 companies, BMW is gaining market share and MB is losing it. The 3 is selling very well and you are looking at a model not even released yet. (Maybe somebody here can post sales #'s for June...?). They also have above average reliability and MB is suffering QC problems. BMW is also increasing prices; this is a small sign that they think their product is doing well. If you are close to a decision- you may want to pre-order. I don't know if you'll escape the price increase though.

When looking on these boards, the readers are spread all over the country and a single smokin' deal does not a trend make. Some of the trends I have noticed for purchases- not leases: East coast: best deals, middle of the country, OK deals, west coast- Meaning CA- very little haggling.

Where do you live in Washington- I grew up in the tri-cities. Are you close to the border? AWD seems pretty stout for Washington.

Hope this helps-
    Mercedes may have some incentives that allow the dealer to sell at invoice and still make money.. The new 3-series has no such incentives... It looks like $1000-$1500 over invoice is about the best you can hope for on a new 3.

I would focus more on the actual selling prices of the two cars.. and decide which is the better deal for you, on a value basis..

Whether it is at invoice, or $2000 over invoice is sort of irrelevant... Once you have decided on a car, then getting that car as cheaply as possible then becomes very relevant..

regards,
    kyfdx

• spoondogspoondog Posts: 1
    has anyone bought a 2006 330i in the bayarea. i'm curious as what most of the people are paying. here's what im what i'm looking for
    arctic blue/ blk leather int. sport and premium pkg, active steering, power sunshade, satellite radio and auto tranny. i'm planning to buy one this coming weekend. also, can anyone recommend a dealership. i've been to bmwsf and didnt had a good impression.
  • saigonboi21saigonboi21 Posts: 150
    hello, i have some questions about the ED program. I looked it up and it says that ED price for an 06 325i is $28,180. Then the packages i want adds another $5,600. So the total is $33,780. So that's the rpice i pay plus taxes??? or is that the MSRP which means u can take more off? and also- i have to pay dealers $1000-1500 profit, so is that added onto the $33,780?? cus if that's the case, then it's pretty much the same thing as just buying it here. And if u add the cost of the trip to Europe, it will cost even more than what it will cost here. Please let me know bcus im buying a car this week. Thanks
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    Dealer costs for EU delivery are lower than for the US. Invoice [old pricing - there is a new price coming that will increase it by about $600] for the EU delivered 325 is $25,645. Add all your options, including the $695 destination charge, and you should save somewhere between $2000 and $2500 on the EU delivery. Yes, you can get some dealers to do better. You need the complete invoice list for both EU and US delivery to accurately calculate dealer cost in both cases. I'm not allowed to post the link here, but you can google on the topic of BMW invoice cost, and I'm sure you'll get what you want.

Assuming you are going overseas anyway, EU delivery is always a better deal - but you have to figure an extra 60-90 days of interest because you won't have a car to use here until you've dropped it off in Europe and had it shipped back to the local dealer, which can take another 6-8 weeks.

Generally, you can figure on saving about 7% over what you would pay for the same car in the US, all other things being equal....which they rarely are.
  • Just signed for it this afternoon:

2006 330i
    + Premium Package (Beige Leather)
    + Cold Weather Package
    + Metallic Paint (Monaco Blue)
    + 695.00 Delivery

MSRP: $40,970
    Selling Price: $39,000

I'm pretty happy. The TMV was about $700 more, so I think that I did reasonably well. There is a match in production right now, and the dealer is going to see if they can get it allocated to them. Otherwise, I might have to wait a little longer for delivery.

The buying experience was very good. The salesman was fairly helpful, though maybe not an 'enthusiast'. But what was best of all was that the salesman was able to do the entire negotiation himself. None of the good-cop/bad-cop, "let me ask my manager" stuff. Granted, this is my first BMW, so maybe all the dealers are like that. Even so, I was happy with the whole deal.
    I got this Bimmer invoice from BimmerFest. According to the sheet, Base Price Diplomatic US Port of Entry cost for a 330i is $31,380 + ZPP ($2200) + SMG Transmission ($1425)= $35005. So is this how much im paying (plus taxes of course)??? So it comes out around $38500? or is there an addition $1000-$1500 for dealer profit??
    so basically even including the cost of the trip- it would still save me $2k-2500?
  • davidd3davidd3 Posts: 582
    Most people return leased cars and lease a new model every 3 years or so.

Leasing to buy is usually a more expensive way to buy.
  • rhmassrhmass Posts: 263
    Interesting to see the price increase announcement on the base price only, not including options. One thing caught my eye is that the news stated that the price (base) includes destination and handling charge. However in Edmunds and Yahoo pricing, this item ($695) is always listed additionally ( so do the dealers). If we go by the invoice price list, we have already given the dealer a basic $695 profit to begin with at the beginning of the price negotiation. Am I correct with this assumption?
    No... the $695 destination charge is on the MSRP and the invoice...

• bmqbmq Posts: 18
    I am trying to decide between a 2006 525i or a 2006 325i.

What is the money factor and residual on a 2006 325i lease with 15K miles per year? I am willing tp put down a security deposit to get a lower money factor.

Also what other fees etc are out there to complete a lease.

I usually drive about 18K per year. Should I structure a 18K lease to begin with or just factor in the 16 cents/mile penalty into my calculations?

I am in TX if state law etc makes any difference.

Thanks all for your help
  • batman702batman702 Posts: 12
    I just recently went to the local Las Vegas dealer and saw a nice new 2003 330I sitting on the lot, sport, leather, and not much else.....sunroof? The sticker on it was 38,845. Are they serious? it's 3 years old already. I could get a new 2006 for the same price, maybe even better. How can they justify this? Any ideas if this is just a front or is this price very negotiable? Anyone have dealer experience, and can tell me how they still have a new 2003? I thought this was a bit odd, to say the least. Thanks for the info, and insight.
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Maybe it was a CPO with an extended warranty?

The local Audi dealer had all these "executive models" with over 1500 miles in less than 2 months.

The salesman said they cost more because they got longer warranties.
  • I believe that the "diplomatic" price is yet another price point -- it's not the same as European Delivery, which is cheaper.

The price BMW sets for ED is 7% below the MSRP, although this percentage does not apply to any options -- therefore, you would have to negotiate anything off the options on your own. I don't think the dealer tacks on a profit to the ED price.

The question is if the 7% discount can be negotiated lower. If it can't, then I agree that the ED deal looks less appealing. The discounts people are posting on the site seem to be in the 5% range. If this is the case, ED doesn't seem like such a great deal. Please let us know what you do. JEFF