Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    is the price increase now in effect if I order?
  • kenshirokenshiro Posts: 16
    Is the price increase only if you order after 9/1? How abour if I order right now and the car gets here after 9/1?
    For people who has receive invoice quote from dealer, i.e. 1300 over invoice. Do they add extra $200 when you place the order for some kind of charge for every car the dealer sold for paying off BMWNA tour? Are there any charges the dealer may add on to it, or should I just pay the invoice price plus whatever the dealer offered over invoice?
  • beachlvr7beachlvr7 Posts: 2
    Can you provide me with the contact info for that dealership? :D
  • eminneminn Posts: 3
    Should I be able to do better,especially since it's the end of July here in Minnesota?
    2005 325 Ci Convertible
    Monaco Blue $ 475
    Gray Leather $ 1,450
    Cold Weather $ 750
    Prem Package $ 1,200
    Auto $ 1,275
    Xenon $ 800
    Harmon-Kardon $ 675
    Dest $695

MSRP $ 46,320
    Asking $ 43,425

This is my first post- Thanks
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    Isn't leather part of the premium package? It's in the 4 doors, not the CI's?
  • lex_koltlex_kolt Posts: 15
    Is post September cars have something extra or are they just increasing profit per car?
  • eminneminn Posts: 3
    Leather was optional
  • I just closed a deal for 2006 BMW 325i with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package and Metallic Arctic color. I got the following offer

MSRP - $35645
    Invoice - $32730
    I Paid - $32800

I believe the deal seems ok and I did not do much negotiation. Great Service at Norwood BMW gallery in MA.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    wow, deals like that make ED worthless. nice job.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,495
    Almost $3K off a convertible? That is about the most you could hope for..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

......is in effect for any car that arrives post-September 1st... Only cars that were confirmed orders by July 20th won't see the price increase.. If you order now, the car will have the higher price.

• Sorry about the typo mistake :blush: -
    I just closed a deal for 2006 BMW 325i with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package and Metallic Arctic color. I got the following offer

MSRP - $35645
    Invoice - $32730
    I Paid - $33800

I believe the deal seems ok and I did not do much negotiation. Great Service at Norwood BMW gallery in MA.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    That's still an excellent outcome. I've just about given up trying to find a dealer in the NW who can approach the kinds of deals that people are getting in the East. California is better than here, but not much - the best outcomes seem to come from the East Coast. Considering I could fly on SW one-way for a couple of hundred bucks, and then have the fun of driving back home, it is almost as good as EU delivery - pretty close if you add up all the costs and do it honestly.

I'd planned to do EU if we went for this car - this kind of deal makes me think twice. I can tell you no dealer within 400 miles of me would go anywhere near the numbers you got.
  • bububugbububug Posts: 3
    Just ordered mine today. The only dealer that can sell $600 over invoice in Southern California area.
  • what did you end up getting? and which dealership did you go to?
    Yeah, don't leave us hanging - what dealer???
  • bububugbububug Posts: 3
    in Sherman Oaks.
  • very nice- i got mine in newport beach, i think i did ok.

MSRP=$44,295
    edmunds invoice=$40,600
    Selling=$42,395 and he threw in the mats.
  • adp3adp3 Posts: 446
    are you guys talking CIC's (convertibles)?

I'd like to hear current best deals on 325CIC's.
  • amigosamigos Posts: 3
    I am about to place an order for 2006 330xi, with sports package, lether interior (not premium), Navigation system, Heating seats, and window shades. Just wanted to check how much is everbody else paying?
  • hi i've been receiving quotes from dealers in the Bay Area. One dealer quoted me $500 above invoice plus floor mats on a 330i. Now im just trying to figure out financing...
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Which dealer?

What is MSRP and options?

Or is he offering that in general as opposed to a specific car?
  • eds1300eds1300 Posts: 71
    Can I ask which dealer is offering you $500 above invoice? Or, let us know what your final numbers came out to be.

Best I got was $900 above with .0029 MF. There stating that .0025 is there borrowing rate and that it would not be fair for them to go down below .0029 (6.9 apr), or raise the selling price by $500.

After that silly rant I quit corresponding.
  • chatkatchatkat Posts: 41
    Make sure the deal is real. I bought my 328 there in 2000. They handed me the keys and realized they forgot to charge me for the CD player in the trunk and took they keys back from me telling me that they were going to uninstall the CD. I had to call my attorney to make them give me the keys to the car. The deal was finished and all the paperwork was signed. I got a price from them as well as from the dealer in Santa Clarita. Still bought the car in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village. Better service. Did not get a price from Calabasas. They won't quote a price without a credit check!
  • stephendstephend Posts: 19
    I got a price list that show USA port of entry price, Euro Delivery price and Diplomatic USA Port of Entry. Does anyone know what is meant by the Diplomatic USA Port of entry price?. It is approx. $1200 less than the USA port of entry price (MRSP).
    It is a special price for diplomats.. If you aren't a diplomat, then ignore it..

Exactly what it sounds like - if you have to ask, you can assume you aren't eligible. This is intended for members of the diplomatic corps [State Dept, UN, etc.].
  • Hi, I live in the Bay Area as well. I've been shopping around for 330i with sport pkg, auto. Would you please let me know which dealer quoted you $500 above invoice?
  • timnytimny Posts: 142
    I am looking at at 2006 330i - Sports, Cold Weather, Premium, Nav., Sat. Radio, and xenons for $44K even. Two dealerships have been competing with each other over this, but neither will go south of $44k.

At the same time, I am adding in a lease on a 2005 X3. There's been some movement on the part of one dealer over the other on that front: 39/15K lease, Cold Weather, Premium, Nav., Sat., xenons, heated steering wheel, some other non-sense ... $328/month versus $382/month with same money down (@$5K). My point being: in the two-vehicle situation, the dealers seem to fudge the #s on the now year-old X3, but seem unwilling to move at all on the 330. Can I do better in NY or CT?
  • miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    Hello,
    A friend of mine is looking for a new last generation 330 sedan. We are in Northern CA. The reason she is looking for the last year model is because she didn't like the rear end of the current model. While you guys are shopping, did you guys see if there are any new 330 or 325 (old model) in the lot? I appreciate your response even if you are not in CA because we like to know if there are leftovers in
    other region as well.