Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 330iii330iii Posts: 71
    Can this really be true a 3000 dollar incentive on 03 330i's?
  • raygaoraygao Posts: 1
    My dealer is offering me a 2004 BMW 325ci Convertible with $1375 off MSRP. Is that a good deal?
  • bmwsellerbmwseller Posts: 200
    Convertibles are generally going to sell at MSRP. There is not a good availability on these. I can honestly say that I have never discounted a brand new convertible $1375 or anywhere near that. I'd say that the dealer is doing you a favor and I'd run with. What a great car. Congratulations!
  • ksomanksoman Posts: 590
    we bought our 2004 convertible at the start of the 2004 production run at 1000 below msrp. i agree with bmwseller, its hard to get dealers to discount the convertibles much below msrp. 1375 is a great number. just make sure there are no hidden costs pre-printed on the deal sheets... read the last 10-12 posts about this.

ksso
  • My dealer is offering me a 2004 BMW 325ci Convertible with $1375 off MSRP. Is that a good deal?

Great deal. Convertibles aren't known for selling much off MSRP.
  • What is the current (October) dealer incentive on the 325i.
    October 325 sedan incentive is $2000. Xi is still $1500. There are quite a few 3's out there. We have a dozen of them here and we are not a very big dealer at all. Dealers are in an agressive mood when it comes to finding good homes for these supreme driving machines. There are demo models available out there that would save you some $$$$. Happy Motoring!
  • sunilbsunilb Posts: 407
    What are the latest incentives on the 2003 330i's? Edmunds shows no marketing support...??
  • I have a newbie question. The MSRP on a 2003 325i is 27,800.00, but the invoice is 25,460.00 on Edmunds. Is the 25,460.00 accurate and the place I should begin adding option prices to get to the true invoice? Then do I subtract 1500 for the incentive and negotiate from there?

Newb.
  • Depends on if the dealer is honest about the incentive. If they don't mention it, start at 2500 or so below invoice and mention the incentives and how high marks on customer satisfaction scores will equal cash in their pocket. Go from there. Many people say $500 is fair profit, others 1k, still some $1500. You have to decide that for yourself.
  • I'm thinking of making an offer on a Certiifed Pre Owned 2000 323i. Specs are as follows:

Options
       - Xenon
       - Sport Pkg
       - Leather
       - Sunroof

Miles: 15600

Asking price: $15750

Edmunds dealer price is $21470

What do y'all think I should offer? How high should I go?
  • I am looking for a 2003 330i with step, cwp, and possibly moonroof. Getting hard to find with few options. If anyone has come across this combo in there searches please let me know. Willing to travel anywhere. Thanks
  • The current 25 mf is a really steep interest rate though. If one is gonna lease a 3 series, I'd wait for that to dip to at least 15. 7% is an awfully high percentage rate.
  • mloseymlosey Posts: 5
    I'm in Texas.
    The dealer holdback that BMW dealers receive is based on their Customer Satisfaction scores. But, I wouldn't suggest using that as leverage to try and squeeze every last nickel out of the retailor. In fact, if you dust them on the survey they can take a "mulligan" on it. The dealer gets so many "mulligans" per month that drops a survey.
    I can probably envision a sales manager showing you the door when you're a few hundred over cost and threatening to rip them on a survey.
  • So if they show you the door, you cut a deal with someone else. Not the end of the world.
  • So, not every dealer has the $2,000 incentive to offer? is that what you are saying?

I can't find the $2,000 incentive on any website (edmunds, cars, intellichoice, etc.) Where do I find that?

I am looking for a 2003 325 w/ leather, premium package and metallic paint. Here is the pricing on it.

Invoice MSRP

$25,460 $27,800

+$1,320 $1,450 for leather
    +$2,455 $2,700 for prem. package
    +$430 $475 for metallic

+695 $695 Destination fee

$30,360 $33,120 Total

So, I am thinking that $28,860 is a good price on that car. That is giving the dealer $500. Do y'all think this is a viable purchase price?
  • The dealer's invoice will be slightly different from what you quoted in your message. They add MACO fees and floor mats to the invoice that you see on Edmunds. Besides, not many dealers will want to sell a car for $500 profit.
    Not all dealers have MACO charges. Usually just in metropolitan areas. Floor mats are optional. I'd recommend the rubber ones. They are cheaper and more durable.
  • ksomanksoman Posts: 590
    You dont see MACO fees in every dealership...

Also, wife's car has both regular and rubber floor mats and because of my daughter, we only use the rubber ones (surprisingly not made in china), and intially i thought they would make the convertible look uncool, but we are happier with them, specially me 'cuz the weekly detailing job falls on me...

now was it the 7 series, there was no question of a rubber mat.....

ksso
    325 is $2,000......330 is $3,000
    325xi is $1,500....330xi $2500

There is still a good selection.
  • BMWSELLER... Where did you get this info? Are these for the 2003 models?
  • Yes it's for 2003s and by his name, it's safe to assume he's a salesperson for BMW.
    Applies to those "rare" 330i Performance Packages too. So, if you bought one a few months ago than it just dropped a bit. You've got to pay to play.
  • Yeah if I bought today my zhp would be around 36.7k instead of the 39.7 (43k msrp) I paid for it. Oh well.
  • p9ap9a Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 2004 325xi with 5-speed, moonroof and harman-kardon.

Invoice price - 29315(27050+695+955+615)

The best offer I got so far - 30,750. (including mats etc) - Is this a good deal?

The dealer said that in addition to invoice, he has to pay training, mktg etc whic is another 500.

Thanks.
  • Does anyone know when the new design 2005 325 will go on sale? I tried to get a deal on a 2003 325xi, but not enough around. If the new model change goes on sale this time next year, I would wait and maybe do an ED on the new model. However , I read somewhere that it would not come out until mid-year 2005 as a 2006. I really don't want to wait until 2005. Can "BMWseller" cast any light on this. Are they dealing on 2004 orders at all? Thanks.
    Best deal is Euro delivery. Fly to Munich. It will be a blast! No doubt. And, what a cool experience. $2070 less for munich delivery. Now go get a deal on an airline ticket.

My clients have ALL loved it. Hello, Munich!
  • ahdannaahdanna Posts: 48
    I just received a quote on a 2004 330CI Coupe with:

Premium
    Cold Weather
    Auto (I know, I know...)
    Xenon

Including $695 freight, MSRP = $43,595.
    Dealer quoted me $41500.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  • Hi all,

I am looking into buying a 2003 325i automatic trans. with a moonroof and xenon headlights. I just received a quote of $29,490 from a dealership in San francisco that includes power front seats and the floor mat. I believe the invoice price is $29,860 - Is this a good deal considering that there may be a $1,500-2000 incentive to the dealer.

Thanks.