Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tgravo2tgravo2 Posts: 70
    I got the same price for the same car brand new, I got the 5 spd though, steptronic is about $1400 MSRP
  • I will be picking up my 2002 steel blue 325i this friday. wooohooo!!
    Paid $32,700.
    auto, premium, xenon, black leather, and mats!! :)
    I think I got a pretty good deal.
    congrats on your new purchase 325, I just got mine 3 weeks ago, good luck and have fun with it
  • Ordered mine last Saturday. 325i, Titanium silver, black leatherette, premium, sport, Harmon Kardon, steptronic, $33,300 - $1,200 over invoice. Included floor mats, two key chains, a hat and a shirt. Not bad for 20 minutes of negotiating. Delivery date mid December!
    hey im also a golf nut, actually I play college golf here in Louisiana, I just love taking my 325 to the course, same as yours but I got the 5 spd and black leather
  • I am currently planning on buying a 2003 330i/stl gry/sp/pp/xenon w/ European Delivery. Can anybody suggest a dealer who would accept 1000 - 1200 over invoice? I am willing to travel even further if the saving could justify it. I have heard some dealers in the Baltimore & PA area are willing to sell just 700 over invoice for ED. Thanks all in advance for your valuable suggestions.
  • I am in NYC and am looking for a deal in NY, NJ, CT, MD, PA area
  • What's a BMW dealer's holdback?
  • I'm looking to buy a 2003 325xi with metallic paint, cold weather, leather, premium pkg. List is 35870. What discount can I expect? What have others paid?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    Check this page for holdback information.

Dealer Holdback

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• The car salesman I referred to (Rich Rodriguez) told me that he can do it for a little bit less than $1,500 over invoice. Why not try to come over and maybe you could have a deal close to your range?
    Prestige BMW is on Route 17 South (North Jersey) few miles from 287/87 and 17 intersection.
  • Thanks for your help and the info. I am actually trying to see which dealer is willing to do ED for about 1000 (or less) over invoice. I can easily get 1500 over invoice for many dealers in my area.
  • rutegerruteger Posts: 60
    Consider researching the entire US for the ED price you want. It doesn't come out of their allotment, so they don't care.

The problem will be when you have it delivered to a local dealer. Some of them want a 'courtesy delivery' fee of a couple hundred dollars (or more). It's nothing more than a scam, but they can do it, I suppose.

But if you check around, you might be able to find a local dealer that will deliver it for free. In that case, you'll easily be able to find another dealer somewhere willing to meet your ED price.
  • 2002 325i purchased in August
    Sport Package
    Metallic Paint
    Moon-roof
    Heated Seats

Invoice = $28,580
    MSRP = $31,170
    TMV = $30,678
    Carsdirect = $30,928
    What I paid = $30,400

That's $770 under MSRP and $1,820 over invoice. I thought the price was OK as it was under TMV price but after reading the posts here I know I could have done better. Actually I knew I left money on the table because that was the first price I offered and they took it (after a 5 minute "talk" with the manager).

Don't care though, I'm not much of a haggler and I'm happy just to have my Beemer!

Another side note, didn't really want the heated seats when I bought it but after this morning my [non-permissible content removed] is glad I got'em!
  • thinking of buying the 325xi,is the 4wd worth the extra cost.
  • is the 4wd worth the extra cost?

That's a personal question, based on your desires and typical driving conditions. Do you live where snowfall is heavy?

Also consider that the 325xi sits a bit higher than the RWD counterpart. This can detract from the vintage handling/cornering that BMW is known for.

I, too, was debating about this option. Since I live in Northern VA where there are not many bad weather days, and because of the different suspension, I opted for the RWD.

FWIW, since you're looking at only about a 1.5-2 K difference in price on an expensive car, I would focus on the lifestyle factor and not the money factor.
  • I just ordered 2003 325i with the following options:

Black Saphire Metallic
    Natural Brown Leather
    Premium Package
    Steptronic Trans
    Harman Kardon Premium Sound System

The MSRP is $35,070 and I ordered for $34,070.
    Is this ok price ?
  • I'm a Sailor living abroad in sunny Italy. As a courtesy to the US Government, we get our new models at *about* cost through the BMW military sales program. In my case, Pentagon Car Sales in Agnano (Naples) is the official dealer. Cars are all US specs, not EU. I'm shopping for sedans, bases prices are: 325i, $24,600; 325xi, $26,350; 330i, $31,000; 330xi, $32,750. My dream car now checks around $33,650 before destination. That is a 325xi with the sport, premium, and cold weather packages, xenon headlights, and the navigation system. I'll upgrade the stereo myself, thank you very much. Options are basically stateside MSRP, a few are a little less. And yes, floormats are $100. The destination charge of $580 gets me insurance and temporary liscence plates for a factory delivery, or I can get delivery to Naples. No choice on the charge, fortunately I intend to break in my (future) baby on the Autobahn, as God almighty intended. I also get to send the car back to the US as used after putting 500 miles on the odometer, and if I register here with AFI (Allied Forces, Italy) for six months, there is no import tax! That just leaves federal and state tax, and the title back home in Colorado. The only downside? 1 Euro per liter for gas ($4 a gallon)while the car is here, plus crazy Italian drivers. Baby will be going home after six months. If you work for the US Government as DoD or Civilian and you're coming to Europe or Asia, look into the program at www.bmw.de/militarysales, and especially www.pentagoncarsales.com for Europe. Pentagon Car Sales will send you a price list by e-mail if you ask for one.

May your roads be empty, well-kept, and twisty.
  • i live in wisconsin, i am interested in 330xi where can i get a good price for a loaded new car willing to go to madison, milwaukee and chicago? and is the sport package worth the money?
  • For a 325i, the sport package is worth the money -- you get an improved suspension. Most people who don't get it wish that they had.

The 330i already has the better suspension. And the 325xi and 330xi don't get an improved suspension with the sport package. On these cars, the sport package does get you the three-spoke steering wheel, larger wheels, and improved seats.

I've ordered a 325xi, and I opted for the sport package. I don't care about the steering wheel. I care a little bit about the wheels. But the sport seats are quite a bit more comfortable than the regular seats.

I'd advise you to sit in both types of seats before you decide.