Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• davidd3davidd3 Posts: 582
    TMW is way off base on this car. Don't go by that. Information posted on this forum is a much better real time indicator.

I think that you should be able to do a transaction in the range of $1,000 to $1,500 above the invoice price. I placed an order on a new 330i last week. You can go back a few pages to find my July 13 post.
  • poldimpoldim Posts: 13
    Does it matter that you are taking yours for lease rather than purchasing on the final outcome of the price? Is the dealership making more money on the lease than on the regular purchase?
    No, it shouldn't matter at all that I am taking mine as a lease rather than a purchase. First I negotiated the sales price and then I asked them to work up lease numbers based on the negotiated sales price. My lease will result in a sale by the dealer to BMW's financing arm at the negotiated sales price. My dealer is not making any backend profit on my deal by marking up the rates on the BMWFS lease program.
    It seems like a lot of the New York guys are getting pretty good deals on their 06's. I wonder if there's a chance of getting one of my dealers locally to price match to that...
    I would be extatic if I could get it at $1500 above retail.
  • ddasddas Posts: 14
    Thanks for the info. I closed the deal on Sat for 26K out of the door. I have put in 2K downpayment but have not yet signed the dotted line, plan to do it sometime this week.
    I am working with VOB BMW in Rockville, MD. Does anybody have any feedback on this dealership?

Thanks,
    Dipanjan
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 156
    :) Perhaps kyfdx or corvette can help me out. I am looking for a reasonable bmw dealer in the midwest (I live in Bloomington, Indiana). I have bought at Isringhausen in springfield, IL and D&R in indianapolis. Neither are very "price friendly", but I do live just 45 minutes from the southside indy store. Any ideas??
    I did just figure out that corvette did a PCD via passport bmw - perhaps that might be a fun option.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,879
    The midwest is a pretty crappy place to get a great deal on a BMW...

Not that I've bought there, but the guys at Voss BMW in Centerville (Dayton), OH seem to be straight shooters... Other than that, Chicago has eight dealers..

I wouldn't consider going that far out of town unless it will save you at least $1000.. Buying at the local dealer is always preferable...

That said, D&R sure doesn't have a reputation for great deals... Alternatively, you could try Swope in Louisville... There are dealers in Bowling Green and Paducah, KY as well... I'd guess both of those are as close as Chicago.. (maybe not).

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    I'm in MD also. Have you tried Tischer? I got a car from there a couple of years ago was great. Not sure about their service dept. If you want to contact the salesman I dealt with, make your email public. Whe I was thinking about the new 3 a couple of months ago he told me he would split the difference between the invoice and MSRP so in your case it would be about $1900 off.
  • tzdontzdon Posts: 2
    Dealer is trying to push the premium option on me for the added hp. Its nice - but I wonder if I just wait 1 more year - won't the new convertible come with that standard?

Here's the deal - I own (outright) a 2002 TT Quatro 225hp bought new in 2003 (2 years old - 30k miles) with all the fixin's. (Baseball optic leather, etc.). Dealer wanted to give me 21k on a trade in. I thought that was pretty low - but can't find really good data.... someone here seems to have access to wholesale pricing.

Would like another convertible - but want back seats for the dogs. Not people - dogs - one beagle - one boxer.

However, seems like no matter how I do the math - getting a car on a lease costs me about 10k over just keeping my TT and buying it seems like a bit early (maybe I should wait a year).

The car I wanted is 51,650 - they want to give me one off the lot (obviously and get all hemmed up when I suggest ordering). My point - this is the last year of a body style - I ought to get a pretty significant discount.

What do people think?
  • tzdontzdon Posts: 2
    actually - I'm in Miami
  • sender1sender1 Posts: 29
    I'm in NY also and was wondering if you would post the dealership you ordered your car from. It sounds like a good deal to me too.
  • sender1sender1 Posts: 29
    Sorry, I didn't scroll far enough to get info. (Greenwich BMW). Thanks, hope I can get as good a deal. ;)
    I don't see why not. Good luck. Hope you can get it done before the price increase. You'll probably have to confront them with competitive offers to get them as low as they'll go.
  • hollyahollya Posts: 10
    I am ready to buy a 325xi BMW 04 or 05. I have always wanted one. But I want to make sure I do this right. Please help me. You actually need to tell me what to say. I am in real estate sales and buy and sell property but don't know how to do this. Please help fme from the beginning. HollyA
  • michaeln1michaeln1 Posts: 24
    yo guys, im about to finish up ordering my bimmer heres what im getting-

- 2006 330i
    -sapphire black metallic paint
    -black leather
    -alumminum trim
    -premium package
    -cold weather package
    -park distace control
    -automatic transmission
    -navigation with iDrive

negotiated price was $42,395. my dealership is throwing in mats too, those were like $125 or something.
    Kenney,
    I thought I already made my email public, but I guess not. I just fixed that. I sent an email to Tischer yesterday, havent checked email for a reply yet, thats my next step. Im going through getting all the Balto/DC dealers to give me a quote and go from there. I want to see what the variance is and who really wants to sell me the car.

When I needed parts for my Integra, Tischer had amazing service and pricing. They were able to get me a body kit, that was no longer in production, for more than half off MSRP.

What did you end up getting? Or are you still on the search?

I got word that Comfort Access is a $455 option.
  • rhmassrhmass Posts: 263
    I ordered almost the identical car you are considering with the exception of the navigation this Sunday. The salesman called me today to finalize the numbers and told me orders taken after today will be raised by 1.2%. So I suggest you finish the deal today, if not already, as the rumored increase is real.
  • kmg68kmg68 Posts: 108
    How much is that over invoice??
  • eds1300eds1300 Posts: 71
    I am interested in leasing a 2006 325i with automatic transmission, premium package, and xenon lights. MSRP ranging from 34,500-to-37,500.

What kind of rates should I look for? And, from what dealer?

Thank you.
  • michaeln1michaeln1 Posts: 24
    according to edmunds invoice for this would be $40,600. MSRP is $44,295. i got it to $42,395. i guess that makes it $1,795 over invoice and $1,900 under MSRP