Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just signed for it this afternoon:

2006 330i
    + Premium Package (Beige Leather)
    + Cold Weather Package
    + Metallic Paint (Monaco Blue)
    + 695.00 Delivery

MSRP: $40,970
    Selling Price: $39,000

I'm pretty happy. The TMV was about $700 more, so I think that I did reasonably well. There is a match in production right now, and the dealer is going to see if they can get it allocated to them. Otherwise, I might have to wait a little longer for delivery.

The buying experience was very good. The salesman was fairly helpful, though maybe not an 'enthusiast'. But what was best of all was that the salesman was able to do the entire negotiation himself. None of the good-cop/bad-cop, "let me ask my manager" stuff. Granted, this is my first BMW, so maybe all the dealers are like that. Even so, I was happy with the whole deal.
  • saigonboi21saigonboi21 Posts: 150
    I got this Bimmer invoice from BimmerFest. According to the sheet, Base Price Diplomatic US Port of Entry cost for a 330i is $31,380 + ZPP ($2200) + SMG Transmission ($1425)= $35005. So is this how much im paying (plus taxes of course)??? So it comes out around $38500? or is there an addition $1000-$1500 for dealer profit??
    so basically even including the cost of the trip- it would still save me $2k-2500?
  • davidd3davidd3 Posts: 582
    Most people return leased cars and lease a new model every 3 years or so.

Leasing to buy is usually a more expensive way to buy.
  • rhmassrhmass Posts: 263
    Interesting to see the price increase announcement on the base price only, not including options. One thing caught my eye is that the news stated that the price (base) includes destination and handling charge. However in Edmunds and Yahoo pricing, this item ($695) is always listed additionally ( so do the dealers). If we go by the invoice price list, we have already given the dealer a basic $695 profit to begin with at the beginning of the price negotiation. Am I correct with this assumption?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    No... the $695 destination charge is on the MSRP and the invoice...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bmqbmq Posts: 18
    I am trying to decide between a 2006 525i or a 2006 325i.

What is the money factor and residual on a 2006 325i lease with 15K miles per year? I am willing tp put down a security deposit to get a lower money factor.

Also what other fees etc are out there to complete a lease.

I usually drive about 18K per year. Should I structure a 18K lease to begin with or just factor in the 16 cents/mile penalty into my calculations?

I am in TX if state law etc makes any difference.

Thanks all for your help
  • batman702batman702 Posts: 12
    I just recently went to the local Las Vegas dealer and saw a nice new 2003 330I sitting on the lot, sport, leather, and not much else.....sunroof? The sticker on it was 38,845. Are they serious? it's 3 years old already. I could get a new 2006 for the same price, maybe even better. How can they justify this? Any ideas if this is just a front or is this price very negotiable? Anyone have dealer experience, and can tell me how they still have a new 2003? I thought this was a bit odd, to say the least. Thanks for the info, and insight.
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Maybe it was a CPO with an extended warranty?

The local Audi dealer had all these "executive models" with over 1500 miles in less than 2 months.

The salesman said they cost more because they got longer warranties.
  • I believe that the "diplomatic" price is yet another price point -- it's not the same as European Delivery, which is cheaper.

The price BMW sets for ED is 7% below the MSRP, although this percentage does not apply to any options -- therefore, you would have to negotiate anything off the options on your own. I don't think the dealer tacks on a profit to the ED price.

The question is if the 7% discount can be negotiated lower. If it can't, then I agree that the ED deal looks less appealing. The discounts people are posting on the site seem to be in the 5% range. If this is the case, ED doesn't seem like such a great deal. Please let us know what you do. JEFF
  • batman702batman702 Posts: 12
    The 2003 330 has nothing but 162 miles on it. I don't think it ever went anywhere seeings how it has never been titled out. How much should I pay for the car? Please don't tell me 38K. Beemers hold their money well, but not that well. It's still a car that will lose 8K as soon as someone drives it off the lot. Thanks.
    i thought about it- 325i + ZPP+ auto+ Logic7 +xenon+ power rear sunshade= $37,750 or so. I can get the same thing with ED for about $34,040. If you add the cost of the trip it would be another $1200-1600 (to say the least for a week there). I guess the only good thing is that you also get the trip. But then i would have to wait about 2.5 months for my car. hmmm...wut to do
  • newownernewowner Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info. I think BMW is a better product than Mercedes. I am now deciding if I want the 325ix or 330ix. I've spoken to several dealers in the area and in OR. They are very persistent on MSRPor $1,200 off MSRP. There has to be a dealership that will sell for less.

I live in Tacoma...
  • poldimpoldim Posts: 13
    Does anyone know what it costs dealers for things like the CD changer and floor mats?

I am trying to get some of these number for some barginning leverage.
  • bigpapibigpapi Posts: 10
    Thanks adp3, I'll keep that in mind.
  • amt7565amt7565 Posts: 165
    You first need to post the MSRP of the car. Ask if the car has been a Demo.
    I got my new 2005-330i 2 months ago for $35K. The MSRP was $42,240.00. But there was a $4200 rebate then. Currently the rebate is gone, but the dealer may still be able to give you that rebate.

Compare what I posted and negotiate. But first post the MSRP and ask the dealer if the rebates are still available.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    Don't expect much discounting from WA and OR dealers - not enough competition.

Go to California to buy the car - that's what I plan to do when the time comes [we live in Vancouver WA]. Dealers all over the SF Bay Area are closing deals for $1000-$1500 over invoice with no real pushing or shoving. And it will only get better as supply gets better.

Of course, the AWD cars will be "hot" for awhile until initial demand is satisfied. Personally, I think AWD for Tacoma is overkill, but maybe you're a skier? Anyway, I've pretty much given up worrying about doing a deal for this car in the NW.
  • kenshirokenshiro Posts: 16
    I have received a quote from a dealer for $1350 over invoice price for a 330. Do most dealers show you the actual invoice when you ask, so you can make sure that the dealer is not lying about his invoice price? Or they will not show you the actual invoice but just tell you what the price is.
    Is Edmunds.com accurate on the invoice price with options so I can use that to estimate what it is and append $1350 on top of total invoice price?

Thanks for helping!
  • Mine is the base 330i 6 speed. BMW charges A LOT for extras!!! MSRP $37970. Sale price is $36970. They only want to take $1000 off. Got the same quote from another dealer in the area. So this is what I figure:

With $3000 trade in
    MSRP $37,970
    Selling $36,970
    Net Cap Cost $33,970
    Residual 59%
    Term 36
    MIles 15000
    Amt. used $12,158
    Dep pymnt $321.33
    Money factor .0025
    Res. $148.43
    Tax $38.76