Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lexleaselexlease Posts: 9
    Bought 335i recently from Momentum BMW, SW Frwy, Houston. From beginning to end, it was the best buying experience ever thanks in large part to the Internet salesman who handled the deal. Have purchased and leased several Lexus vehicles in the past. With this BMW buying experience there was no drama, no deception, no surprises...and the car is amazing too.
  • frush93frush93 Posts: 2
    I just ordered a 2007 335CiC (the new convertible) at MSRP in CA. Fully loaded (premium, sports, nav, etc...) at 56,945. MSRP came out yesterday at 49,000 and some change for the base model. Anyone else get pricing on this car?
  • bmwincabmwinca Posts: 7
    I am in the market for a BMW 328i sedan. Potentially thinking about leasing. Is the base BMW MF unchanged from Feb, or is this different for March?

Also, for a 15K, 36 mo lease, is the residual still 61%?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,743
    Lease numbers probably won't be available publicly for about a week...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• rorymacrorymac Posts: 4
    I've been quoted a MF of .0195. Is this the BMW buy rate or should I try to negotiate a lower rate? The rest of the deal looks good IE $1900 off MSRP of $39,865, residual of 63% based on 12,000 miles per year, and standard $625 lease acquisition fee.
    For a sedan, the base rate for February was .0019...

Don't know about March

• absoluticabsolutic Posts: 29
    when leasing, the money factor changes depending on whether you select yes to security deposit or no. It is one value with security deposit and another value without.
    That is true... all the base rates that I mention, assume you are making a security deposit.

• mspiegsmspiegs Posts: 5
    Need to act on this deal fast. Please help!!

2007 328i with premium, sirius, and navigation, graphite color

Selling price agreed upon is $38,620.

I will put down $1,000 and roll the security deposit into the lease.

The MF is .00185, it started at .00165 but went up becuase I am rolling the security deposit into the lease.

Residual is 61%.

Total montly payments, after tax, is $557.

Is this a good deal???
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Is that a 328i sedan or coupe? The coupe with those features is 41720. The sedan is 38800, so I'm guessing it's the coupe?

Then again, I ran your numbers with the sedan and came up with 540 on a 38800 car with 1000 down and a 7.75% interest rate.

So what's the msrp of the car?
  • mspiegsmspiegs Posts: 5
    It is a sedan. And I believe the MSRP is around 40,500. So is this a good deal you? Is a MF of .00185 equal to 7.75%?!?!?!
    If the msrp is 40500 - you left off items.

185 is about 4.44%.

I guessed your tax rate - putting in a California one.

MSRP = 40500
    Cap = 38600
    down = 1000
    MF = 0.00185
    Residual = 61%
    Tax? = guess at 7.75%

I get $510 a month. You can do this yourself with http://leaseguide.com/calc.htm

Seems to me someone is tacking on massive extra charges. How the blazes are they getting up to $560 a month?

Ky...got any help for this guy? Seems to me someone is taking him for a ride or his state might have different tax rules.
  • jtlajtla Posts: 375
    1. The $625 acquisition fee must have been rolled in the lease.
    2. The $1,000 "down pay" may actually be "drive-off" which include title, etc.
    3. The $40,500 may not be the exact MSRP.
  • sonyswsonysw Posts: 34
    My drive off without the first month payment is $1036. So if the MF is about 0.00125 (according to leaseguide.com it came out $499 with tax), than the dealer eats up the destination charge for almost $700.

Anyway, I am happy and will just enjoy this ultimate driving machine.
  • how does this deal sound
    328xi sedan
    leather premium pkg auto
    no money down
    479mo incl sales tax
    15000m a year 3years
    You guys need to provide these numbers:

MSRP
    Negotiated sale price (cap cost)
    local tax rate
    residual
    Negotiated MF

If you want to run the numbers yourself, http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.html
    Looks like you're right. Tossing that 625 onto it and taking 1k out of the down payment gets his numbers. Yikes, that's expensive for a 328, imho.
    Yeah. I can get the 335i with ZSP for less than that without doing ED.
  • jai226jai226 Posts: 1
    can someone please tell me if i'm paying too much for this lease. i just want the know if the numbers are reasonable.

40120 MSRP
    3 year 12,000 mile
    $3000 down
    monthly payment $487 tax included
    don't have the cap cost and money factor yet.
    8.25 tax
  • 328i + auto + premium + navig + monaco blue

MSRP : $40095
    Negotiated sale price (cap cost) : $39095
    local tax rate : 8.25%
    residual : 64%
    Negotiated MF : 0.00165
    Drive-off : $1445
    36 months for 10k/yr
    Monthly payment : $548

Buy or not buy?

Please advice.
    Thank you.
    Refer to BGDC's post #7292 and use the link to calculate on your own.

But since I have just done shopping myself, here is my take for your reference. At $40,120 you have added quite a lot of options. You should be able to get at least $2,000 off sticker with no problem. The money factor for 328i sedan is .00155 for February; March number is not out yet. The residual for 3 yr/12k mi is 63%.

Assuming March MF is the same, if the $3,000 down payment is in fact cap cost reduction, the payment should be around $420. If $3,000 is total drive-off (which includes 1st payment, security deposit, DMV, etc.), your payment should be around $460. Either way, there is definitely room for negotiation. Good luck.
    You should be able to do a lot better on the selling price. Also refer to post #7292 and #7297.
  • quidycatquidycat Posts: 2
    i just ordered 335cic in encinitas in san diego for msrp. no discount but they are throwing in floor mats only. another dealer ship tried to make me get $1600 lojack so i backed out of that order.
  • quidycatquidycat Posts: 2
    i just ordered 335cic in san diego for msrp. no discount but they are throwing in floor mats only.

does anyone know if msrp is a fair price? or knows of any dealership willing to sell below msrp?

has there been any issue with the twin turbo engine? any info is appreciated!
    Is MSRP fair? That's your call. I personally won't pay MSRP for a car and give a dealer that much profit for doing absolutely nothing.

The engines are fine.

Two things;

1. The convertible is brand new and you will have a hard time getting a deal anywhere. Wait 5 months and it'll be easy. Do you have to be the first one in Scripps Ranch with that car? If not, be patient.

2. Which dealership? BMW of San Diego is the worst to deal with in this manner. They will rob you blind. As will Brecht. I bought my last 3 series at Harloff and I wouldn't buy from them ever again. I had to watch Harloff as they manipulated data and were very underhanded at every step once my salesperson fell ill. I've helped a few people and got my 2003 bimmer from Cunningham. I'd go to them before anyone else in SD ever. If I get another bimmer, I'm back at Cunningham for sure.

Additionally, check out bimmerfest. There are sponsor dealerships who will work with you. I know a few dealerships in LA will go off MSRP as they want the business and it's cutthroat up there. don't believe the lies salesguys tell you about buying from the dealership to get loaners...good dealerships in SD want the service business. Bad ones...cough BMW of San Diego cough...only want to rob you.

Finally, consider ED for the fall. You won't regret it; did ED with my car through Harloff in April 06. You can knock 5-5.5k off the sticker, get an awesome experience and not line a dealership's pockets for doing nothing.
    Take a look at this guy's extensive work looking for a coupe at a good price:

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180505

Seriously, I'd say consider contacting some of the people he worked with.
  • jim_beamjim_beam Posts: 10
    The invoice/MSRP is 35,055/37,995. OTD is 38,875. Is this a reasonable deal (for NoCal)?

I have two dealers who are offering this price. One is local and other is a 100 miles away. The remote dealer says he will do better than the number here but I worry about the service aspect.

My questions are:
    A) Is this a good enough deal?
    B) Does it matter where I bought the car when I get it serviced?

Please advise! I cant wait to get behind the wheels :)

TIA
    1. If you like the deal, then it's pretty solid.
    2. It really doesn't make a difference in most cases. Call the dealership near you, lie to them and say you have a 2006 you bought in another city but want it serviced there. Ask if they will still give you a loaner for service visits.
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,372
    I agree withe BGDC. I did this with my lease but chose the far away dealer. I am glad I did because the close dealer changed ownership and my dealer has demonstrated impeccable service. I did not have to lie but just made my dealer match the "close dealer". They happened to be in very high competition mode with each other and when the close dealer set a very low price, the winning dealer agreed. I now have about a 30 minute drive one-way.

Regards,
    OW
  • costerocostero Posts: 3
    I have an offer on the following bmw:
    2006 330i, alpine white/terra leather interior, premium package, auto trans, active steering, comfort access, split fold rear seats, gps, satellite radio. MSRP: 45,070. Offer: 41,885. Can I try and negotiate lower?
    Thanks.