Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cjd9997cjd9997 Posts: 8
    Just picked up the above car.
    white with red leather interior
    premium
    idrive
    sport
    paddle shifter
    hd radio
    usb/ipod
    heated front seats
    http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/BYO/ByoHome.aspx?namodelcode=0852&from=%2- fStandard%2fContent%2fVehicles%2f2008%2f3%2f335xiCoupe%2fBYORD.aspx

here is the link to the bmw site with the car i got, if your interested in the specs.

Transaction was smooth and no problems.

52.5 car
    sale at straight invoice: 48Kish sell price
    ,9 finanacing for 60 months
    the dealer kept the auto trans money as profit
    and i got a set of all weather mats thrown in for good measure.

I will say this, perillo bmw in chicago charged me for detailing a new car and putting gas in it, and floor mats. This was the only bush league aspect of the experience. I didn't complain to much, as being the charge for the money will be 1000 dollars for the next five years. all that being said they matched car max on my trade.

I also have a friend who blew out his run flat tire and it cost him 1K to get two new tires installed. So i bought the road hazard insurance for 599 for five years.

that being said, if i wasn't buying the coupe, i think i could have gotten this done below invoice and gotten some of the rebate money back. but that being said, love the car, love the financing.

hope this helps.

cjd
  • fisherdadfisherdad Posts: 8
    Made an offer at invoice price minus $1260 option credit for auto tranny. Thought there's a chance but was finally turned down. But was told could make a deal if throw in another $500.
  • dishwash42dishwash42 Posts: 89
    nice post and all but how many times do you have to say, "that being said"?
  • Tell you what...just last night I closed on a deal for a 328i coupe with the following specs: sport pkg, premium pkg, navigation, ipod, paddle shifters w/ steptronic & space grey metalic paint & grey dakota leather. Msrp = $45,350, Invoice = $41,750.
    I got it for $41K even. BMW of San Diego went to extreme lengths to earn the business. I highly recommend them. Two dealers I would stay far away from are Crevier & Brecht. Very shady practices. In fact, on another model, same options less the navigation and metallic paint I was offered $39,650.00. .9% financing for 60 months is for real.

Good luck on your hunt....
    Do you have to pay MACO and training fees on top of the $41k? TIA
  • The Maco fee's & training were included in the $41K. Brecht BMW actually tried to tell me the 328i I wanted had special pricing on it...total bs. I asked BMW of San Diego to include the floor mats and they did. They were great to work with.

Today will be an ideal day to make a deal. All I did was email the internet sales managers directly. Trust me..they will get back to you quickly...many performance bonus's are at stake today... I asked how long the .09% would last...they would not confirm whether the .09% would go beyong 7/31. Hope this helps... Good luck
    Thanks for the reply. Again, does it include destination charge? How inclusive is the $41k offer? Assuming tax, registration, license exluded, did you pay any small add-ons like doc fee?
  • hurry up ppls, today is the last day for the .9% deal!
    Why hurry? Don't you think a later deal can only be better if they really need to move all 08' models?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067
    There are only so many '08 models.. If the incentives have their desired effect (greater sales), then they may become less favorable, as time goes on...

I don't have a crystal ball... but, if I planned on getting an '08, and finance rates/lease rates were important to me, then I'm not sure I'd chance waiting...

But, then again.. I'm not much of a gambler..

Different story, if I were shopping domestics..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Not a problem..Destination was included in the $41K price. Tax + license/registration and doc fee's were not included. Those are not fee's they will eat. Although by grinding them down for a better deal your indirectly placing that expense in there hands...I read the itemized price breakdown backwards and forwards. There were no additional items in it.
  • Congrats on the awesome deal. This is the best deal I heard so far. But I am still couldn't pull the trigger :(
  • manybmwsmanybmws Posts: 347
    bmwusa.com still has not changed the 0.9 deal on the website but it says ends 7/31/08. Webmaster needs to get on the stick :P
  • dddaddda Posts: 5
    328i Deal? $34600 plus TT and hazard tire option $799 with 0.9%. paper done last night 11pm just wanna catch the 0.9. pike up the car this pm. Howard county, MD
    monthly payment $646(no money down)

premium package
    steptronic automatic
    heated front seats
    ipod/usb
    11miles
    by the way, for the deal I posted, I did not get the metallic paint(not awailable), I get the jet black color. what is advantage for metellic? can anybody let me know. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,067
    Mettalic paint is just different... If you like Jet Black, it doesn't come in metallic, so you just saved $475...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks! by the way, the dealer also give me the floor mat and wheel lock for free.
    Actually BMW says it has one less coat of clear coat.
    Yeah for all you potential BMW buyers!
    extended to 02/09 because of 33% drop of profit in July.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    It's gonna get uglier considering only two automakers showed any real gains this month (Minin and MB?!).
  • ombrownombrown Posts: 1
    How did you do this!!!!! Tomorrow I am hoping to puchase a 328i w/ those features plus xenon, power seats for 38,400. .9 Finance (I ws told they honor through August) I thought I was getting a good deal b/c the list is a little over 40,000. I am in NC. Love to hear what you did.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    There will be an increase and less dicounting for awhile so the 2008s can be cleared out without people saying why get an '08 if I can get an '09 for about the same price.
    However, after all 2008s are all gone, you can bet 2009s will be discounted to near the same level eventually.
    38400 is a rip-off. at least you should get the invoice price because it is buyer market. I got $500 below the invoice. my dealer is really nice and I wanna give him all 5s for the survey. Get a couple of quotes then level with each other. Why do you wanna Xenon? no benefit and only harm other driver's eyes. I prefer road hazard with $800 for 5 years. My friend changed his all 4 RUN-FLAT tires in 2 years. each costed him $350.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Why do you wanna Xenon? no benefit and only harm other driver's eyes. I prefer road hazard with $800 for 5 years. My friend changed his all 4 RUN-FLAT tires in 2 years. each costed him $350.

1. If you ever drive in non-city areas Xenon headlights are a godsend. People that say otherwise, have never used them in non-urban environments.

2. Road hazard are $800 is worthwhile? Really? Sell the RFTs on craigslist for $800 and that'll almost buy you real tires - Pilot Sports for instance.

3. $350 tires on a BMW = cheap all-seasons which inhibit the car's performance potential.
  • I live in Orange County California and this was the best offer I got from 2 local dealerships today. Good deal?

335i jet black exterior, black interior
    Premium package
    iPod
    12k miles
    36 month lease

Selling price: 42,474
    544 a month, INCLUDING tax
    Total down including all taxes/fees: 3,500
    MF: .00195
    58% resid

Does NOT have sport or navi.
  • dlooneydlooney Posts: 1
    Paid $52,445 for the following car today:

It was sitting on a lot for a couple of months. I guess white is not as popular here in the upper midwest. The folks in my home town of San Diego wouldn't mind this color due to the heat in the summer...

Thoughts? Good deal?

My 335i Convertible
    3.0-liter, turbocharged inline 6-cylinder engine
    Rear-wheel drive
    See all standard features
    Base MSRP $49,500
    Alpine White $0
    Saddle Brown/Black Dakota Leather $0
    Dark Burl Walnut wood trim $0
    Cold Weather Package $750
    Premium Package $1,650
    Sport Package $1,400
    Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters $100
    STEPTRONIC automatic transmission $1,325
    Comfort Access with Comfort Loading and Open $500
    iPod and USB adapter $400
    Satellite radio with 1 year subscription $595
    Destination & Handling: $825
    Total MSRP as Built $57,045
  • mlocamloca Posts: 15
    Sticker was $49,500 (premium, nav, ipod, leather)
    Walked out the door with it for $45,200 with .9 for 60 months. I even financed the maintenance plan for $1,750 (covers everything but tires to 100K miles).

Seemed like a good deal.

It's a blast to drive so far.
  • stephendstephend Posts: 19
    Just received my 328xi this past week. I am looking to buy an outdoor car cover. Does anybody know what is the best outdoor car cover - buying a bmw outdoor car cover from the dealer or are there manufacturers that make better car covers.