Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 1. All caps is yelling online (and it's hard to read)
    2. You already took the brunt of your depreciation (first 3 years are horrible for resale on a car). Why are you going to put yourself down another 30k?

Save the cash, keep driving it. 6-7 years is the sweet spot for getting the most ROI on a car (which is lousy for ROI). If you make it to 100k without major repairs, you're super far ahead of the game.
  • owner6owner6 Posts: 89
    1. Caps advise well taken.

2. Thanks for your opinion. I had purchased the extra 50K miles service warranty some time back. It was a dealer special for $600 dollars so I have 34K miles left for free service, brakes and rotors. I like to have a worry free, maintenance free car as I travel a lot. Since I have not had any problems so far (only brakes), I felt I may want to chance another 3 years and save $30K as you also expressed. I just dont want to look back a year from now, be faced with a major repair and feel I made a bad decision. I have no experience with longevity as I have always sold my previous BMW's at about 50K miles. Again thank you for your advise.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,536
    run into a problem that costs you $1K or so, it is still cheaper than dropping $48K on a new 335i. Are you a BMWCCA member?

definitely keep the car.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,433
    Keep the car, especially if you were planning to finance the 335i. The repair and maintenance costs won't come close to what your monthly payments will amount to.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Your car will be fine for another couple years. Even a full transmission rebuild (which won't happen if you're really doing just freeway) will run you at worst 4-5k. There's nothing on your car that could break that will cost you even 15k over the next 2-3 years. Think about it. What could go wrong that would be that expensive? Nothing.

Enjoy your car and use it up. In this economic climate there's no sense in wasting money you could have working for you in other ways.
  • I just bought one also, 2006 330xi, premium and cold weather package, and I have addded the ipod connection, 36500 miles for 25K with the .9% financing, gray with black interior to replace my c280 4 matic.

They have to replace two tires in the back and I found out that they are replacing them with the run flat Bridgestone. I have requested them to put in the Continental run flat instead but they refuse.

After hearing all the problems with the run flat, I am a bit worried about the ride. Anybody knows if the "new" Bridgestones have been improved or I should just wait and changed them all to Continental after a few months?

thanks for your input.
  • No runflat feels good on a 3 series, imho. I removed them and put real tires on my car. Did the same with my Cooper.
  • Congratulations Jeremy.

I wish I got the ipod connection. I got the sat nav a part of upping the price from 25k to 26,300 along with all weather mats. I hate the nav. I imagnined it to be larger screen and interated into the dash, but turns out the BMW nav is a small screen monted on top of the dash. It has blue tooth, mp3, traffic feed ability, etc. but I dont need any of that. BMW site says, the nav costs 600+200 installed. The sales guy said it costs 900. Worthless if you ask me. (Curious to see what others think about this)

I asked for them to take back the nav and give me ipod and something else even for 600 worth!

I will keep the run flats until warranty is over I suppose. I bought warraty for tire and rim btw for 899.
  • congrats to you too

Since the car does not have a CD changer like my Benz and the cost of installing one is way more expensive than the ipod connection, so I just figured that it would make more sense to to the ipod. I can just load as many songs in the ipod as it can take and leave it in the car. Mind you, the ipod control, as far as I know, is not perfect. it does not display the name of the songs and stuff like that, just allowing you to control it from the steering wheel.

BTW, I asked about the wheel and tire protection, it is 1500 here, how long is your wheel warranty?

I would get rid of the navigation, get yourself a nice portable one for much less money
  • '09 328i monaco blue black interior
    navigation
    auto trans
    premium package
    xenon
    ipod
    wheel locks
    MSRP: $43130
    Got it for $40110 + free rubber mats (90)
    Also bought tire insurance for 700. it replaces the entire tire with any kind of damages (nails, scratches etc) for 5 years even at my fault. But after reading things about the run flat tires, mayb I shouldn't have bought it... :cry: but oh well.. replacing the tires in 5 years is probably around 700 or more?

People on the forum said I could go down more, but I didn't really have anymore time to negotiate more because I needed the car.

Got the car with .9% financing.
  • You expect to get 5 years out of tires? Have you ever owned a RWD car before?

Each runflat costs over $200.
  • banker2banker2 Posts: 15
    Does anyone know if money factors, residual values, or other incentives changed in January? Interested in lease on 2009 328i.
  • My wheel and tire warrant cost me 899. Looks like you got a better deal. I suppose you could ahev gotten a better deal, especialy if you bought on 12/30 like I did or 12/31. No matter. Still a good deal.. MSRP dont meant [non-permissible content removed] anyways..The dealer will get you on the add-ons if not on the price..We need some regulation here if you ask me :) Aggravating buying a new car!
  • You need regulation so people pay the same thing? Some of us like getting better deals than others. You can walk into Best Buy and pay MSRP or you can ask for a 15% discount. I got a cable modem the other day for 40% off by insisting the same thing is available at walmart. It's not the same. Regardless, they didn't check - the manager just approved it.

The game is part of the fun. :D
  • Good call on the ipod. Who needs cd changers these days..The wheel and tire for 899 is for 5 years. 1500 seems steep. Im in MA. But it is still worth it. My prelude had performance tires and they started to go in like year 4 or 5 or something like that. Replaced tires many times. I used to drive like a nut and roads here are a MESS, so you never know..

Im not optimistic about them replacing the nav with other goodies unfortunately :( oh well..
  • haha.. I see your point..Free market it is.
  • boterobotero Posts: 4
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what is the Money Factro and Residual Value for a BMW 328i 2009?

Thanks for your help,
    The way I see it,the more buyers my dealer clubs like a baby seal, the better chance I have of getting a good deal...

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

Why not post your question in the "BMW 3-Series Lease Questions" topic?

• As as lark I emailed a dealer and made a lowball offer on an M3. The dealer called tonight, understood what i was looking for and said he'd call tomorrow once he got clearance for the deal.

Wife thinks I'm nuts. I may be.
  • banker2banker2 Posts: 15
    I haven't been able to find a "BMW 3-Series Lease Questions" topic in this forum. Is there one? That's why I had posted a lease question in this topic, as I thought it was the closest match.
  • They missed my price by 1k. Oh well. Probably better. I don't need an M3. In theory it's only a 20-30 dollar a month difference (really I'd just pay the difference) but you have to draw a line somewhere. And if they still have that car next month or at the end of January, they may come crawling back...
    It's in the BMW 3 Series Forum, I just pulled it up. Check again.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,432

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,285
    If you can wait until June, they should at least split the difference. The 2010's will be on the horizen.
  • what year and how many miles does the m3 have?
    what was your offer?
  • 50 miles, 2008 M3, brand new, I offered 52k.

After driving a 335i (with auto) this weekend, I really can't understand how BMW sells any 335is with automatics. Egad what a boring car.
  • jimbresjimbres Posts: 2,025
    After driving a 335i (with auto) this weekend, I really can't understand how BMW sells any 335is with automatics. Egad what a boring car.

Couldn't agree more. If I ran the world, there would be no such thing as a 3-series BMW with a slushbox. It's a crime against nature.
  • ruking1ruking1 Posts: 14,851
    Perhaps that is the real issue. The majority that actually buy them get "autos" . :surprise:
  • Going to the dealer (Prestige BMW in Ramsey, nj) tomorrow...what would be a good deal?
    328xi automatic, cold weather pkg., ipod, power front seats (jet black, leatherette)
    MSRP 39320
    Invoice 36,190
    Paid price: 37,240 (dealer said it's 500 over the "real" invoice-BMW's) but 1100 over Edmunds *This includeds 825 destination charge
    MF .00175
    residual 60%
    584 per month plus MV fee (268.50)at signing. ALL other fees rolled into
    monthly payment.including security deposit.
    I get a lower price on my lease calculator...2 other dealers (Park and Circle) said same monthly payment and fees~
    Other questions: Anyone know what are all the fees for this car in NJ?
    Is the 825 Dest used for calculating the price or should it be added later? Should i negotiate it down to 625-real cost?
    What are the taxes?
    THANKS in advance for anyone who will help me My lease is up next week!