Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stunyccpastunyccpa Posts: 42
    What are your thoughts about buying a CPO now with navigation if you plan to keep the car for a long period of time, after the warranty expires? Is it too risky because if something goes wrong with the iDrive it could be very expensive to bring it in for repairs? Are you better stay away from navigation/iDrive if you are purchasing the BMW to keep for a long period of time?
  • sw113sw113 Posts: 6
    Cost is the major issue. This is our second car and I want to keep cost low. Frankly, a car is not an asset and as much as I want to have the fun of driving, I'm trying to get a good, fun, yet reliable car. I'm hoping a used BMW 3 series can do it.

I do a lot of my own repairs (oil, brakes, general engine), but electronic issues are pretty much beyond the home garage repair.

I offered $13,000 on the 04 325xi with 50K on it. The guy hasn't responded to me. I'm thinking that means no deal?!

Now I'm considering an 01 330xi with 94K on it. However, the engine was replaced and only has about 50K on it (thermostat failure cause overheat and engine ruin). He also replaced the front control arms and bushings as well as the belts are new. The engine was also resealed for some small oil leaks.

Thoughts?
  • gluckgluck Posts: 23
    I am looking for a 3 series 328 with very low mileage. I recently test drove a CPO - 2007 328 with 14K and I felt that the steering was very hard/heavy. The power was alright nothing special. I drive a lexus ES350 and wasn't very impressed. My question to all of you is - Is this normal for a BMW to be heavy? I plan to test drive a different car. Also should be I be looking for a CPO or from a private seller? The 2007 328's with less than 20K miles are going for close to 27K. How much low should I go?
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    2007 328i CPO - lLook at trade-in value - and that's the selling price goal for a CPO.

A 2007 will probably be due for tires - that's a big CPO advantage right there as they'll replace the tires. Additionally, the longer warranty coverage adds some peace of mind. And BMW won't sell a car as CPO if it's been in an accident. Essentially a CPO'd BMW is going to be in good shape and have an extended warranty. If you are a BMWCCA member you'll also get a $500 rebate on CPO'd cars. Finally, you can often get better financing deals on CPOs.

Yes, all BMWs with ZSP (sport) will feel like the steering is heavy at slow speeds. At higher speeds throttle inputs do a better job of steering the car in corners.
  • beamer44beamer44 Posts: 17
    I just ordered an 09' 328 convertible and wanted to know if it is worth getting the $5 a month tire insurance? Can these tires be fixed by BMW or another dealer? I checked into switching them out with non-run flats but BMW said little spare wont fit in trunk and you have to carry jack and 4-way lug wrench in trunk. Is there a spot to even put the jack under the car to jack it up & can you use 89 octane gasoline. Thanks for your help and answers.
    1. You can use go flats and just get a AAA card. No sense in carrying a spare. Never have with any of my cars I switched to go flats. Also BMW's 17s aren't that bad compared to the 18s.

$5 a month isn't worth it unless you live in an area with horrid roads. If you have roads that awful, consider going with it as i know some have mentioned bent/cracked rims as RFTs do not give over poor pavement.

Yes you can put a spare and jack in the trunk but that seems like an awful waste of space for what might happen.

2. Why buy a 40k car and then use cheap gasoline? If you believe the extra $2-3 a week is going to hurt you financially, maybe you should consider holding off on the purchase for awhile?
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,357
    I'd look at RWD 3ers. If you need all-weather capability just buy a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• gopropakgopropak Posts: 1
    I have located the 335i sedan that matches the exact specs I am looking for. Here it is:
    2009 335i Sedan
    Cold Weather
    Premium
    Sport
    STEPTRONIC Auto
    nav
    iPod/USB
    Destination

MSRP $51000 (+TTL $2083)
    Invoice $46845 (+TTL $2083)

They offered : $48785 ($1940 over invoice)
    I countered with $47000 before TTL which they balked at.
    They threw in a $449 "processing fee" with the TTL. Can I get them to drop that?

The BMWFS rate quoted was 3.9% and a $1500 rebate which will go towards a down payment.

Is this even close to a good deal?
    Thanks!
    Thanks for replying back to me. What are go flats and where do you get them? Can you explain the AAA card program. Thanks for your time.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876
    $449 processing fee? Just add that to the selling price..

So, that puts them $2400 over invoice, including the fee.. That looks like about $1000 too high, assuming you get the $1500 credit.. So, somewhere close to halfway between your numbers would be fair... or, a little closer to your number, than theirs...

Also, did they tell you that the rebate is $3000 instead of $1500, if you use your own financing? (Actually, I think it's dealer cash). So, you can get 3.9% on your own (PenFed?), then you can save even more.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Host

How much should I expect my monthly payment to be around on a 36 month lease @ 10k miles a year?

328i Coupe
    Black on Black Leather
    Automatic Transmission
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Comfort Access
    What's the MSRP?

MSRP 43,950
  • Use carsdirect.com for your zip code, I was able to come up with a price that's $332 over invoice. It's not all that clear from Edmund's incentive, but it would seem that it's a total of $4,500 incentive ($3,000 + $1,500 if you finance through BMWFS)
    Go flats = normal tires.

AAA = come out and slap your tire on your car for you on the off chance you get a flat tire.
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    I'm a bit confused.

Regarding the 2009 335i sedan:

1. if I want to buy new and finance at 3.9% through BMWFS, can I get both the $3000 cash to dealer marketing support and $1500 cash to customer taken off the price?

2. If I lease instead of buy, which of the above incentives, if any, can I expect to be taken off the the price?

The car has a MSRP=$46050, invoice=$42435, Edmunds TMV=$41783.

Thanks.

hpowders
    If you take the 3.9% from BMWFS, then you get $1500...

If you pay cash or finance elsewhere, you get $3000..

It's either/or..

I'll have to check on leases...

I see.

Thank you very much! :)
    Host

How much should I expect my monthly payment to be around on a 36 month lease 10k miles a year?

MSRP 43,950

328i Coupe
    Black on Black Leather
    Automatic Transmission
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Comfort Access
  • ddw1ddw1 Posts: 5
    I'm confused. I was at a BMW dealer earlier this month and was told it was 0.9% financing on a 335i. (and I believe this was with them making the first two payments as well) Is this completely false? I'm in southern Cal and we were definitely talking about a 335, not a 328.
    Maybe that was in March?

The 0.9% financing is for the 335i coupe. The 335i sedan is being offered for 3.9%.
  • http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-335-2009/pricing-and-incentives#results

Bonus CashBMW 2009 Lease/Owner's Choice Loyalty Cash expires 5/31/09.
    Thanks for the info-im not going to get the insurance and find someone who fixes them and when they wear out replace them with regular tires the tough thing is finding a small spare for it and a jack also.
  • raln48raln48 Posts: 23
    I'm looking at a 36 month lease with 45k miles. The model in question is a
    2009 335xi with an MSRP of $49,200.
    What is the residual % and the current MF?
    Concerning the cap cost - what amount over invoice would be a reasonable target?

Are there any incentives that would apply in this situation. I'm just coming off of a BMWFS lease on a 2006 330xi. We purchased that car and intend to keep it as a second vehicle.

Thanks.
    A local dealer has a bunch of 2008 loaners CPOs for $25k - $27k with miles between 15K -20K. Is this a good deal? I can't understand the pricing - the same dealer has some 2007s prices 2k-4k higher that the 2008s.
    Also does it make sense getting a base model?
    A lot of it would depend on the equipment... Some dealers have stripper models for loaners..

Even then, that looks like a nice price range, if they have CPO..

Assuming selling price of MSRP - $3000 (pulled out of my...hat), I get a lease prices of $516/mo. + tax..

This is with base acq. fee of $725 rolled into the lease, and base rate of .0015 MF and residual of 61%.

Due at signing: 1st payment, security deposit and title/license fees.

I think if you are a current BMWFS customer, there is another $1000 customer loyalty money available. If your selling price differs from above, your cost would be correspondingly higher or lower.

regards,
    kyfdx

Yes they are base model loaners. I really hate that fact that even after spending $25K I get a steering that has a freaking button for bluetooth speaker but doesn't work because this is just a base model.
  • How much should I expect my monthly payment to be around on a 36 month lease 10k miles a year?

328i Coupe
    Black Metallic
    Automatic Transmission
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Heated Seats
    Nav
    Ipod and Smartphone

Invoice just below $44k

Paying 8 security deposits to buy down the MF.
    No money down (except the security deposits, tags, etc.)

Is there any trunk money on the 328s? I don't currently have a BMW so I likely am not eligible for loyalty cash.

Thanks!