Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• frommarsfrommars Posts: 1
    Is this good deal?
    I just leased 2010 BMW 328i conv
    MSRP 52800

1st pymt
    sec dep
    title and reg
    ttl $2142
    12k per year
    $602 /m(with tax 7%)
  • drsteindrstein Posts: 8
    Leased an 09 328i sedan at the beginning of Aug. 09. Love this car ! Been reading up on all lease deals, wishing I had known of this site before I leased. My question, albiet a bit early, when my lease ends, is it possible to stay an extra month or two in the car until the BIG dicounts(4k to 6k) from BMW hit. I'd love to lease a 335 with 5 to 6 k off msrp . A no brainer. Any thoughts appreciated.....................
  • xeyexeye Posts: 162
    edited May 2010
    Hi Firebird,

Thanks, and yes, and I found one there, too! I hadn't looked yet but just completed reading the manual which specified that there is an adapter there. Lo and behold! I went out to the car, probed around and found what has to be a 12V adapter sleeve. Good thing the car wasn't in 'Ready" mode as I stuck my finger up the sleeve in my over-anxious excitement! Now, if I can only figure out what they did with the "Heat-at-Rest" feature, I will be very happy.

Early driving impressions of the 2011 335i xDrive:

Simply put, very impressed. MUCH BETTER exhaust burble, at idle and beginning around 2,500 RPM and up. I haven't gone beyond 4,000 RPM during the break-in period but I'm sure it gets better to redline.

HD radio is a huge improvement, where it can be steadily received. In the Boston 'burbs, WICN Jazz is intermittent but where it did come in as HD, it is much clearer and better defined. Alas, HD radio is also available in a Ford.

Sound insulation also seems to be much better. My neighbor was mowing his lawn and I didn't know as I pulled into my driveway and looked over and saw him.

Engine pull with the Valvetronic is smoother, but "deceptive". Until I can freely rev the engine, I can't really say. It may be weak (I seriously doubt it) or it may take a more purposefully aggressive right foot to derive the biggest smile. After another 1,000 miles or so, I'll re-post. The brief bursts were well rewarded. I have no doubt it will be at least as much fun as the 2007 335xi. By the way, it came stock with the ContiProContacts, not Bridgestones.

For now, I will say that trading my 2007 335xi for the 2011 335i xDrive was a very good decision. This was a purchase rather than a lease. I will try to upload pics, too, if I can figure how.
  • dan3434dan3434 Posts: 9
    Don't let them tell you you only have until tomorrow. In this market, you're in the driver's seat. Take your time and don't feel rushed. 2.9% is a good interest rate.
    edited May 2010
    Looking at a 2007 335i with 14,850 miles on it. Nav, premium and sports packages, cold weather package, convenience package. Immaculate condition except for a few scrapes around the rims, only noticeable if you look closely. Speedtronic transmission. Talked them down to $28K from the $34K sticker price. It's not a CPO, but traded in at another dealer. Plan on getting the extended warranty from BMW. Is this a good deal?
  • camry2000camry2000 Posts: 6
    How did you get the dealer to drop the price by 4k from the sticker price. Do they really do that ?
  • camry2000camry2000 Posts: 6
    How do you guys get the dealers to drop the price by like 6K. I will hesitant to even drop by 10%. Any tactics...links to these tactics...it will be really helpful
    http://www.carspace.com/xeye/Albums/2011335ixDrive

I'll take some shots of the interior when it stops raining here. The Oyster interior looks really great! I've been warned against wearing dark blue jeans on these seats. A small sacrifice, to be sure. The car has been washed and waxed with Collinite wax (a second coat to be applied this week) and the windows have been tinted, 35% transparency is all they'll allow here (in MA). Next will be Venture Shield on the front bumper including headlights, exterior mirrors, trunk lip, and rocker panels.

I am sitting on my hands until the Venture Shied can be applied and the 1,200 miles have been run up. The car wants to go! I have barely 180 miles on the odo so far.

Check out the link; let me know what you think.

xeye
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,239
    Looks great!! My dealer had that color in the showroom last year... I really like it..

Would be interested to see the interior, as well..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Why, thank you!

Someone had posted recently that driving this car with this exterior/interior combination was like sliding into a Maserati each time. I couldn't agree more, and it's more reliable! One customization, which I credit to my wife who got one from me as a birthday present (!), is the replacement of the brushed aluminum shift knob with the Dark Burled Walnut knob. It's a small change, but very significant, and it feels better with no loss of grip. I shopped around and found ours at BMWPartsforLess.com. I think they are actually BMW of Providence, R.I., but who cares!

And for those of who think that giving a shift knob for a birthday present to my wife makes me a stinker, I wanted her to think of me every time she shifts gears. And believe me when I say it, she loves it! My (public) nickname for her is Maria Andretti! She can hold her own, easily, on the twisties!

To the HOST, you HAVE to let this one go through!

Best regards,

xeye
    camry2000,

The secret for me was patience. I didn't need a car...had a 2007 VW Passat that ran great, so I set the price and kept walking away when they didn't meet it. They wanted me to trade in the Passat, which they were low balling me on. They came way down on the price of the BMW and were compensating by low balling the trade in, so I got them all the way down to $28K and at the last minute took the Passat off the table. I stuck to my guns and held them to the $28K they offered me without getting ripped off on my trade in. The salesman pulled me to the side away from his manager and told me I did a great job negotiating the price.

They are not losing any money...trade in value for the BMW was around $22K, so they still got a healthy profit off the deal. There is much more room to negotiate vs. a new car. Dealerships make the most profit off their used vehicles.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,663
    Sweet color combo for a sweet car for sure. The way you keep the car clean, I'm sure the oyster leather won't be a problem for you. I'm definitely A FAN.

Powered By Honda2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD

• hpia4v2hpia4v2 Posts: 62
    No tactics, no vodoo, no smooth talking, it's called supply and demand. Right now on 2010 leftover (and brand new) there is $3500 trunk money from BMW to dealer also 3-series due to stiff competition from A4/A5/S4/S5 and Infiniti G37 series is slow mooving; so dealer discount 3-series in range of $2500-$3000 all day long. If you put those number together $3500+$3000, walla $6500 discount to averrage Joe. Some dealer even more desperate and discount even further, try that in 2007 when DOW is @15000, BMW saleman will laugh in your face when ask for discount (been there done that). This is the time to buy car when you have the means.
  • What would be a good deal on a certified pre owned 328i. I'm looking for a 2009. The stickers are at about 30k and the dealers are telling me that they really only have about 500 dollar wiggle room. Somehow I think i could get it to 25k, sound right?
  • doanmquangdoanmquang Posts: 34
    Are you referring to 6K to 6.5K from MSRP for series 3?
  • hpia4v2hpia4v2 Posts: 62
    edited June 2010
    Andrew, so many factor for CPO, like condition, miles, option, color etc.
    I'll go with edmunds appraised value and other publication (I'd rather not named cause host my not be happy with it, you can google them) to see what the similar car goes for on the open market and add about $2k for CPO.

Quang, yes I was refering to 2010 brand new leftover on dealer lot 3-series cars.
  • febit_lexfebit_lex Posts: 1
    Dear Gents,

I have had following information from a out of state dealer regarding my price request.

2010 335xi

Auto
    Cold and Premium Packages, Navigation.
    Special paint, leather interior.
    MSRP: $53,050
    Initial offer price from the dealer : $48, 975
    Monthly payment: $659 plus tax.(12k, 36 months)
    Drive off amount : just the first month's payment of $659

But I need to figure out the title and registration by myself. the dealer is located out of my state. I would like to have your comments or suggestion to lower the offer price.

Thank you in advance.

Lex.
    You get your wish!

Here you go. It is SWEEET! I love settling into the sport seats, but I caution: Treat it well, and often. My detailer suggested not wearing dark blue jeans as the dye will rub off onto the seats.

And it still smells soooooo good!

This link should include the interior shots. Enjoy!

http://www.carspace.com/xeye/Albums/2011335ixDrive/
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,239
    Very nice! I could never keep that clean, though the black carpets would help..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• edwardsfedwardsf Posts: 187
    Yes, at least with Audi. I requested another month and they approved it. They offered a couple more months if I was ordering another Audi. BMW might be the same.
  • mchspd1mchspd1 Posts: 10
    Hi All!

I am looking at a 2011 335i Convt. Pretty much loaded out and wanted to see if my numbers were good or if I can do any better. I was going to do a one time payment to save on taxes. Please let me know what you think?

MSRP $61370
    LEV Rt/AMT 64.00% $39276.80
    Capitalized Cost: $59375.00
    Term 36 months
    Money Fact Sell Rate 0.00205
    TTL Caped Fees 1090.30
    Adjusted Cap Cost $60465.30
    Monthly Payment $793.04

One time payment: $28549.44

I am in Texas. How much more can I knock off the MSRP, of course Dealer is saying there is not much to go on. I have no problem walking away. Thanks for any feedback.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,663
    Is the only way to fly for me. It may be stoic & dull to some, but for me it is so easy to keep clean. I love the red leather interior on the 1er & 3er coupes & convertibles.