Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jtlajtla Posts: 375
    Refer to BGDC's post #7292 and use the link to calculate on your own.

But since I have just done shopping myself, here is my take for your reference. At $40,120 you have added quite a lot of options. You should be able to get at least $2,000 off sticker with no problem. The money factor for 328i sedan is .00155 for February; March number is not out yet. The residual for 3 yr/12k mi is 63%.

Assuming March MF is the same, if the $3,000 down payment is in fact cap cost reduction, the payment should be around $420. If $3,000 is total drive-off (which includes 1st payment, security deposit, DMV, etc.), your payment should be around $460. Either way, there is definitely room for negotiation. Good luck.
    You should be able to do a lot better on the selling price. Also refer to post #7292 and #7297.
  • quidycatquidycat Posts: 2
    i just ordered 335cic in encinitas in san diego for msrp. no discount but they are throwing in floor mats only. another dealer ship tried to make me get $1600 lojack so i backed out of that order.
  • quidycatquidycat Posts: 2
    i just ordered 335cic in san diego for msrp. no discount but they are throwing in floor mats only.

does anyone know if msrp is a fair price? or knows of any dealership willing to sell below msrp?

has there been any issue with the twin turbo engine? any info is appreciated!
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Is MSRP fair? That's your call. I personally won't pay MSRP for a car and give a dealer that much profit for doing absolutely nothing.

The engines are fine.

Two things;

1. The convertible is brand new and you will have a hard time getting a deal anywhere. Wait 5 months and it'll be easy. Do you have to be the first one in Scripps Ranch with that car? If not, be patient.

2. Which dealership? BMW of San Diego is the worst to deal with in this manner. They will rob you blind. As will Brecht. I bought my last 3 series at Harloff and I wouldn't buy from them ever again. I had to watch Harloff as they manipulated data and were very underhanded at every step once my salesperson fell ill. I've helped a few people and got my 2003 bimmer from Cunningham. I'd go to them before anyone else in SD ever. If I get another bimmer, I'm back at Cunningham for sure.

Additionally, check out bimmerfest. There are sponsor dealerships who will work with you. I know a few dealerships in LA will go off MSRP as they want the business and it's cutthroat up there. don't believe the lies salesguys tell you about buying from the dealership to get loaners...good dealerships in SD want the service business. Bad ones...cough BMW of San Diego cough...only want to rob you.

Finally, consider ED for the fall. You won't regret it; did ED with my car through Harloff in April 06. You can knock 5-5.5k off the sticker, get an awesome experience and not line a dealership's pockets for doing nothing.
    Take a look at this guy's extensive work looking for a coupe at a good price:

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180505

Seriously, I'd say consider contacting some of the people he worked with.
  • jim_beamjim_beam Posts: 10
    The invoice/MSRP is 35,055/37,995. OTD is 38,875. Is this a reasonable deal (for NoCal)?

I have two dealers who are offering this price. One is local and other is a 100 miles away. The remote dealer says he will do better than the number here but I worry about the service aspect.

My questions are:
    A) Is this a good enough deal?
    B) Does it matter where I bought the car when I get it serviced?

Please advise! I cant wait to get behind the wheels :)

TIA
    1. If you like the deal, then it's pretty solid.
    2. It really doesn't make a difference in most cases. Call the dealership near you, lie to them and say you have a 2006 you bought in another city but want it serviced there. Ask if they will still give you a loaner for service visits.
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,353
    I agree withe BGDC. I did this with my lease but chose the far away dealer. I am glad I did because the close dealer changed ownership and my dealer has demonstrated impeccable service. I did not have to lie but just made my dealer match the "close dealer". They happened to be in very high competition mode with each other and when the close dealer set a very low price, the winning dealer agreed. I now have about a 30 minute drive one-way.

Regards,
    OW
  • costerocostero Posts: 3
    I have an offer on the following bmw:
    2006 330i, alpine white/terra leather interior, premium package, auto trans, active steering, comfort access, split fold rear seats, gps, satellite radio. MSRP: 45,070. Offer: 41,885. Can I try and negotiate lower?
    Thanks.
    Seems like a nice deal on the surface but consider putting in that EXACT car on edmunds.com used car appraiser. I think you're gonna be shocked how much that car is worth with 5 miles on it. The 2006 330i is a lame duck that lost value at an insane pace because of the 335i and 328i - well over 20% off msrp in its first year.

Trade in value will be about 34k.
  • costerocostero Posts: 3
    Actually, it's not really a used car per se...it's just a 2006 car that hasn't been sold yet with 100 miles on it. Is this considered 'used'?? Is the 328i and 335i alot better of a car compared to 330?
    I also have another offer to consider and so undecided between the two cars...2007 328i, red barrique red with beige interior, premium, auto trans, sports, power rear sunshade/rear manual side window shade, navigation. MSRP 43,070. Offer: 42,000 (includes destination charge) + tax, title, licensing. Tried to negotiate closer to the invoice of $38,900 but dealer will not budge. Any tips? I am complete NOVICE at this! I am buying, not leasing.
    Thanks!
  • baccus49baccus49 Posts: 60
    Does anyone know if you still get free maintenance from BMW for a slightly used late model vehicle?
    I am trying to decide if it is worth it to get a slightly used 3 series.
    Dealers LOVE novice buyers. Do your homeworks by researching some more on this forum and other sites such as bimmerfest.com. Don't be taken for a ride.

For the 2006 330i, it is LAST YEAR's car and depreciates accordingly -- used or not. Especially with the introduction of the twin-turbo 335i, it has got to take a real hard hit. 20% is a good estimate, as BGDC has suggested. Your offer is about $3,200, or 7%, off MSRP. If you live in West Coast, you can knock 5% off sticker without too much hassle on 2007 335i; if you live in East Coast, do ED and save 10% or more.

As to 2007 328i, $500 to $800 over invoice deal is not hard to get. Send emails to Internet department of dealers in your region and offer $500 over invoice. You may be surprised by the response.

Best of luck.
    4 yr 50k on the car, even if you sell it to some bum after taking delivery - then he gets the remainder of the warranty. If the car is declared used, I'd rather it have a CPO warranty attached too.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,621
    I like the idea of the new '07 328i better... Maybe for about $1000-$1500 less than what they are asking for it, though...

If you do go with the '06, there are a few things to look out for..

Does the car already have an in-service date? If so, you've lost some time on your warranty.

Is the car a buyback? Or maybe damaged in transit and had some body work?

It is pretty hard to still have an '06 sitting around this late into the year... Usually, it would be a service loaner, or demo... but, not with 100 miles.

If you decide to go with the '07 328i, the lease deals just got better for them this month..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• can someone please help me and tell me if this is a good deal or a scam

328xi with heated seats and automatics seats and automatic transmission
    3 years, 12000 miles/year
    $410/month
    zero cap reduction
    $1356 taxes
    total due at signing incl 1st month is $3146

is this a good deal. its a demo car with 6000 miles on it. please help me.
  • sonyswsonysw Posts: 34
    A. Not good at all. The price for is $500-800 above invoice. I got mine MSRP $37700 328icoupe for $35500. I lease the car 0 down with total drive off $1536 (DMV, fee and first payment of $499 per month tax included). I have to pay $500 security deposit. Lease 15k/36 months

B. You can service is anywhere but you may not get a loaner car.
  • sonyswsonysw Posts: 34
    Just got my 328i coupe in SoCal Pacific BMW $500 above invoice (no destination charge).
  • ili5ili5 Posts: 4
    Hi,

I ordered a 335i coupe toward the end of December which was initially to be delivered mid February, but was subsequently delayed to the end of February (no clear answer why). The car still has not arrived and the dealer is unsure as to when it will (it is still in transit I was told). Has anyone else had this experience, or know when the next delivery to the East coast will be? Thanks.