Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Miami, Florida..I went ahead and signed for it, it was the best deal I got from all the dealerships I visited, hope it was a good one.
  • 2012 328i Coupe
    MSRP - $49,175
    36 mo/ 10k year

Includes:
    M Sports Leather Steering Wheel w/Paddles
    BMW Apps
    Navigation
    BMW Assist w/Enhanced BT & USB
    BMW Assist w/Enhanced BT & USB
    Premium Package
    Dark Burl Walnut
    Satellite Radio w/1 Year Subscription
    M Sport Package

Offering $840 drive-off (includes first month payment and title). $589 month plus FL taxes. Is this a good deal?
  • ben2eben2e Posts: 3
    Those of you with experience, how do you go about getting a good deal ? A few years ago, there were many "brokers" who would shop for you and end up buying from large dealerships in Southern California. Short of calling those dealerships directly, I was curious the best way to go about buying or even if there was a reliable broker.

I'd love to just cut to the chase and go to the most likely place to give me the best discount. I'm hoping to get the new 3-series when it's out in February.

Sorry the vague question. It's hard to immagine going (or even calling) every dealer possible but maybe that's what it takes. I've tried CarBargains.org before with cheaper cars and it's worked quite well.
  • Hi guys,

I am looking to lease a 2012 328i convertible. Have a few questions:

1) What is the money factor and residual for the 2012 328i convertibe?
    2) What is the money factor and residual for the 2012 328i coupe?
    3) What is the money factor and residual for the 2011 328i sedan?
    4) My dealer is offering the 2012 328i convertible with auto, premium, convenience, heated front seats, navigation, satellite radio, bmw apps (MSRP 55,125) for $675 pm (with taxes) and $1,108 cash of deliver. Is that a good price or can I get it lower?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,458
    I'd love to just cut to the chase and go to the most likely place to give me the best discount. I'm hoping to get the new 3-series when it's out in February.

I wouldn't hold out for big discounts on the brand new 3 series right when they come out. When the new car hits the lots, especially in "I gotta be the 1st one on the block to have it" Southern California, you can expect maybe a $500 - $1000 discount off sticker if you've bought X amount of cars from a certain dealer.

I have read of a poster using a pay service called carwoo that landed him an excellent deal on an Acura TL, but short of that you are going to have to be patient & do lots of leg work. Good luck!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Looking at a 328i, value package, automatic. Got a quote for 32100 OTD, anyone got a better deal?
  • ben2eben2e Posts: 3
    Thanks,

Found this article on them: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/carwoo-demystifying-the-art-of-the-de- al/

Sounds like it's at least worth a try. I definitely don't expect a discount right away but you'd figure if you were to order one, they'd have more reason to bargain. Unless they have a quota ; ( which I suppose they probably do. Price I'll pay for being the first on the block.
  • Id like to say hello to our hosts and ask this most important question. My 09 328i sedan lease expires in Aug 2012. I'm looking at the lease offers for 2011s and really can't remember more enticing offers on 2011 328i X Drives and 335i Xs. I leased my car down south but am now living up north for the next yr, would really prefer an X Drive. BMW offers of 328 Xs at $329(3554.00 cash down) and 335Xs at $429 (4154 cash down) really are tempting. My quetion(s) do you think theres anything left in those deals, any possibility of getting the dealers to tighten those figures ...perhaps reducing the money down ?? Also, based on a trong used car mkt, will it be worth it based on the fact that I have approx 6 payments on my current lease of 370.00 mnth. My credit is approx 785. In a nutshell, do you think it possible to get into a 335iX with little down and be at 400 a month, considering 6 payments left on my 09 ??? Help....I'd like to try and do this.....but don't want to waste my time w/ a dealer if not feasable
  • Does anyone know? Thanks.
  • @agbasher: I guess they will be up after the Detroit Auto show but bmwblog has them for a while...here is the link incase if you haven't gone through...
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/11/23/2012-bmw-3-series-pricing-options-and-packages- /
  • Thanks; didnt see that info before!
  • I ordered me a 328I sedan yesterday with the following packages:

1. Cold Weather 2. Driver Assistance 3. Parking 4. Premium 5. Sport 6. Adaptive M 7. Technology

Total price paid: $45,290

I think I got a fantastic deal using military discounts!
  • Hello everyone . Please help me with your valuable feedback about the deal being offered to me by a local BMW dealer.This is my First BMW and am very very happy but at the same thing concerned to see if this is deal is a good one.
    Below is the car details;
    2008 335XI AWD Sedan
    Mileage: 25K
    Options :
    Cold weather package
    Premium package
    Convenience package
    Navigation system.
    CPO .
    Price is 30K + $1800( MA Sales tax + documentation fees) . In addition top this I have a rebate of $1000 for 2008 CPO vehicles from BMW . And the Interest rate for 48 months is .9%APR.

Thank you.
  • jnyzjnyz Posts: 93
    7k more and you can buy a new one with the same options. Something to think about.
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,490
    Say what?

A new 335i xDrive sedan starts out at a shade over $45,000.

That's before any options.
  • Just bought a new 328xi same as above minus nav

Was 36600. Add nav for another 1500, I would say the new one will be about 38100. If you can fork up another 8000k, I would go with new because a lot of little things have been fixed since 2008. It is a great car if you decide to get it. Best wishes....
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,490
    As long as you remember you are talking about a 328xi, not a 335xi, as was the original poster's topic.

I drive a 328i conv., and I love it.
  • jnyzjnyz Posts: 93
    My a d d must of kicked in and I miss that. Sorry.
  • wing911wing911 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    how much should i offer for a OTD price if i living in san francisco ? is the sticker price fair ? or i should aim at lower?
    http://www.peterpanbmw.com/detail-2008-bmw-3_series-4dr_sdn_335i_rwd-used-816840- 3.html
  • junfjunf Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    i know 2012 is out next week and I was shopping a non bmw first as i want to try sth different but disappointed at driving g37J (the famous transmission lagging problem) and tsx, and feel jacked price on audi a4. MB c300 is fine but looks too much plastic.

Then brought me back to bmw and got this offer with 0.9% 60month and current $2500 bmw incentive.

2011 328i premium pkg, heated seat, the free value pkg at $34000+3% tax+500 doc fee

is this a good deal or more room to chop? or if keep price ask add things?

what will be a good price at this moment since 2012 is right at corner? thanks a lot.

plan to sell it maybe 2.5 yrs later or am i better off to lease?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,202
    With those miles, these are getting $22k-$24k at auction. Personally, even for CPO, I'd be looking to pay no more than $28k.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• new 2011 335i no option is $33,866 that's $3,655 below invoice
    $2,500 dealer cash
    $1,305 AT credit

2011 328i w/auto, PP, (heated seat already comes with value package)
    Target Price: $31,131
    from carsdirect.com, try w/your zip code.
    where do u see this 1300 at credit for the current 2011 328i? i am going ot be tough on the dealer..

they offered me 34000 and i asked for 32000 and then 33000 not accepted.

328i+pp

dealer!!!! no good man....
  • Hello all. I am looking to buy a 3 series and would love to get a 2011 model if I can get the right price. What discounts are being offered right now? Also , is there a way to check inventory in the local BMW dealers? I live in Detroit.
  • Today I test drove a 328xDrive and it had done 3800 miles. It had Premium package, Value package, Sirius for 1 year, Heated steering. The dealer offered it to me for 34900 + Tax...total 37400. Looking at the prices on this forum, 33k is the norm for this set of options. Am I missing something? The dealer was also saying that he's running out of the 2011 models very fast. Will I be too late if I am looking to buy in March?
  • I'm looking for the same car. Where are you located? How quickly did you get that price? the faster they gave you the price, the lower they can go.
  • Was in the market for a 3 series and I was told the 2012's should be hitting the dealers in March with Demos arriving in the first week of Feb. With similar equipment the 2012's would be priced $2500 more then the outgoing model Plus, I am sure the dealers are not going to budge too much off the MSRP soo...

I ended up buying a 2011 328i with premium pkg and Navigation with MSRP= $40,675 for $34,997 last day of Jan 2012. Had to pull the trigger since the color combo i was interested in was the last available within 100 mile radius Just wondering if anyone is seeing a better deal recently?
    edited February 2012
    wow, u got a good deal.

i bought on jan.30th msrp close to 40k and get it $33,800+all other stuff: premium+heated seat, silver + grey. edmunds says invoice is $36,000. so the cost is 33,500 after 2500 incentive. did not get any other service or extra dime on anything.

The car price in this area is higher in general than the big cities and the quote from other vendors in the area(within 100miles there are 5 dealers total) are much worse than this one. so i jumped.

so far its ok but when i turn sharply, there are sounds a small metal/screw things on the back go left and right. need bring into the deal to check and fix that.

otherwise pretty good.

i guess since bmw is one of the hardest to negotiate so anything below invoice shld be pretty good. i asked the sales and he said when 2012 model comes in, there will be no negotiation.
  • romo_007romo_007 Posts: 16
    edited February 2012
    Junf

I figured i could probably get another $500 off the price if i waited a little more when the 2012 cars hit the dealers, but then I would have to get the colors and the options that were left. So it was easy. This one was MSRP= 40,675 and SP= 34,997+tax+ registration+ $80(junk fee). BMW finance also has the 0.9% financing for 60months which is amazing!

Cheers!
  • joekojoeko Posts: 13
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get a 2008 M3 coupe fully loaded with less than 40k miles. Anyone have any ideas what these cars are going for at dealer auctions? Also what is a fair price to pay for through private party vs dealer? I am seeing prices from $28k to over $50k. KBB value is in the mid $30k-45k.